hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watmore

His shorts were at least 3 sizes too big but apart from that I would say he looks a very good prospect

Pity our seasons over though

2. Log in to remove the advert

Looked good but as there is nothing left to play for before he leaves, I'm struggling to care.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First 15 mins he had got into good positions on at least 3 occasions. He looks happy getting his head down with the ball at his feet running at defenders. I just wish Harris would take note and get back to doing the same.

He took a couple of tough challenges but got up and got on with it. My opinion is he should have won a penalty as well. The ball may have been won but he was tackled from 2 players either side and they can't both have won the ball.

Much more to come from what looks like a decent prospect.
    He does look a prospect but maybe I'm being a perfectionist here but to me he kept his head down too much. Needs to look up and find a final pass. Also seemed like he loves to cut inside onto his left. However for a first game and coming into football late, what a prospect he is. If he keeps playing like that he will have a very very good career I'n football. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I've criticised Terry a lot after today's performance, but if this is the kind of quality he can add to us, then the future is most definitely bright. Shame we had a player like him on fire and couldn't get the ball to him enough, preferring instead for too many aimless high balls.

Promising Youngster Shore Thing's Avatar
    Had a great game. Popped up all over the park. Always wanted the ball, controlled it well and ran through the defence whenever he got it. Exciting and entertaining to watch.
    Welcome to Hibs Duncan!

My mate said to me at half time that Roy Hodgson's infamous 'feed the monkey' speech would have been appropriate today re: Watmore. He was on fire and both of Raith's left sided players were booked early, but we failed to capitalise.

Any time we got the ball to the feet of our creative players, we looked great, yet it didn't happen enough, due to all the high balls. That, and TB's inability to address the problems that Raith were causing us at half time, were unacceptable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    My mate said to me at half time that Roy Hodgson's infamous 'feed the monkey' speech would have been appropriate today re: Watmore. He was on fire and both of Raith's left sided players were booked early, but we failed to capitalise.

Any time we got the ball to the feet of our creative players, we looked great, yet it didn't happen enough, due to all the high balls. That, and TB's inability to address the problems that Raith were causing us at half time, were unacceptable.
    Spot on. We should have been putting everything through watmore because Raith couldn't cope with him.
    Think there was one moment in the second half, Nelson had the ball and Watmore was in acres of space of wide and was screaming for the ball. Nelson looked up and played a ball straight through the middle to their keeper. Summed up the performance today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Spot on. We should have been putting everything through watmore because Raith couldn't cope with him.
    Think there was one moment in the second half, Nelson had the ball and Watmore was in acres of space of wide and was screaming for the ball. Nelson looked up and played a ball straight through the middle to their keeper. Summed up the performance today.
    Remember it well!

Blog Entries
    I think I pointed out my displeasure at this lack of vision in a manner that may have not been very complimentary

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    I think I pointed out my displeasure at this lack of vision in a manner that may have not been very complimentary
    Yep, think I may have politely suggested he might have taken the wrong option as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Yep, think I may have politely suggested he might have taken the wrong option as well.
    T'was a Tourette's chorus all round I think!

First Team Breakthrough
    yes i do wat more

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Great skill and never gave up trying, not afraid to take a player on. Our MOTM by far. We'll done son

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Need to get the ball to his feet. No point in launching the ball full pelt at his neck which is what we seemed to be doing.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    If that's the kind of players Butcher and his team will find I'm more than happy to write this season off and hopefully sign some more in the summer.

Only player to look good today.
    Looked like a real footballer, one that will get other players involved.

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    More than once, never looked in the direction of team mate, just hoofed it anywhere, which normally found a Raith player.

First Team Breakthrough seven nowt's Avatar
    I was, and still am very excited about Duncan.

First Team Breakthrough
    "I'm more than happy to write this season off" ehh no thanks...? Terrible OP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcDonald View Post
    "I'm more than happy to write this season off" ehh no thanks...? Terrible OP
    Should we not be writing this season off? What's still to play for?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Good debut from the young lad and hope there is a lot more of it until the end of the season from him, i just hope he is a tough lad though as he is going to come in for some hefty challenges from opposing teams starting with County this weekend, no doubt players like Brittain will have a good kicking at Waltmore early in the game, hopefully the ref protects him from this stuff.

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    [QUOTE=MehHFC;3903259]Should we not be writing this season off? What's still to play for?[/QUOTE]

24 points!

At the risk of getting shot down, I'll liken him to a young Paddy McCourt.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Wonder if we can do a Sparky with him and get him for a second season loan? Sunderland won't be selling him but would be good if they thought a second season of first team games would do him good? Have my doubts though seeing as he has already played for their first team

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    As for the comparison with Paddy McCourt, this young lad will go on to achieve a hell of a lot more in his career than McCourt. I thought his attitude on Sat was spot on, he was dead on his feet at the end and was still chasing back to defend. Similar skill yeah, but night and day with their attitudes and desire to succeed

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    This lad is a star in the making...even with the doom and gloom around at the moment I will get along to see this Lad play! If you have not had the chance to see him yet,get along and enjoy..you never know the others might do a turn as well!

How can you write of a season when we are 6 points ahead of a play off spot and 7 points behind 5th? Let's get top 6 and build next season.

Wat you want? Watmore - Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Wonder if we can do a Sparky with him and get him for a second season loan? Sunderland won't be selling him but would be good if they thought a second season of first team games would do him good? Have my doubts though seeing as he has already played for their first team
    He is very highly rated by Sunderland and want him playing first team football instead of U20's or U23.

I doubt any decision to extend anything will happen until pre season.

Sort of player I'm hoping Marsella can unearth from the lower leagues.

Edited the OP because you are all a bunch of miserable nit-picking barstools