hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    How'd yous make your own kit? Is there a website where you can do it like the ones here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbeedavid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came across Nike's new teamwear designs for next season, they have 2 shirts available with green bodies and white sleeves, I'd be 99% sure our kit will be one of these as Nike won't design us a bespoke kit. Both designs aren't bad in my opinion (considering we'll just get given a bog standard teamwear kit), wouldn't mind the 2nd one as it's something very different compared to anything else we've had in last 30 years! Attachment 11887Attachment 11888

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they won't design us a bespoke kit then appoint a different manufacturer who will! Talk about the tail waging the dog

PS - neither of those look like a Hibs kit

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty boy View Post
    i've said for years that i'm a bit bored of green and white these days.

Maybe a wee red and blue number would make a nice change for the home top and yellow and orange (similar to barca a few years ago) as an away top.
    ​wtf!?!?!....

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberņa's Avatar
    About a year ago Hibernia Na Eir suggested this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    Time for radical change.....how about CCS style " These Colours...." as new away kit?
    I was inspired by this throwaway joke in a moment of wandering imagination. So I made a not very good mock-up on paint and it was the desire to post it which motivated me to finally join and stop just reading the threads. By the time I'd joined and figured out how to post images though, the moment had passed.

So I kept the mock-ups saved on my laptop for a year, waiting for my moment. My time to shine, my contribution to the Hibernian FC cause. That moment has finally come. I would like to thank Hibernia Na Eir, without his/her inspiration this wouldn't have happened. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the "These Colours Don't Run" 2014-15 Home Kit:

Thoughts?

First Team Breakthrough Forever_Green93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sunshineonleith
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaHiberņa View Post

I was inspired by this throwaway joke in a moment of wandering imagination. So I made a not very good mock-up on paint and it was the desire to post it which motivated me to finally join and stop just reading the threads. By the time I'd joined and figured out how to post images though, the moment had passed.

So I kept the mock-ups saved on my laptop for a year, waiting for my moment. My time to shine, my contribution to the Hibernian FC cause. That moment has finally come. I would like to thank Hibernia Na Eir, without his/her inspiration this wouldn't have happened. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the "These Colours Don't Run" 2014-15 Home Kit:

Thoughts?
    Striking

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    If they won't design us a bespoke kit then appoint a different manufacturer who will! Talk about the tail waging the dog

PS - neither of those look like a Hibs kit
    Noticed on football shirt culture website Motherwell signed a deal with Macron to be their first and only Scottish club

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Would happily have stuck with puma, their kits have been nice for the most part, last seasons was a cracker. The kits we have now are generic and the quality is garbage. I would happily go with someone like Hummel, bukta, kappa or macron because they would be individual to us and not some cast off design that a premier league team had 3 seasons ago.

Left by mutual consent!

Thoughts?
    Green Huns. . Although I like the idea of having a green, black and white colour palette and a change from tradition.

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberņa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Would happily have stuck with puma, their kits have been nice for the most part, last seasons was a cracker. The kits we have now are generic and the quality is garbage. I would happily go with someone like Hummel, bukta, kappa or macron because they would be individual to us and not some cast off design that a premier league team had 3 seasons ago.
    Puma's kits this season have been dire, I'm glad we changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post
    Green Huns. . Although I like the idea of having a green, black and white colour palette and a change from tradition.
    I'm a bit of a traditionalist so disagree with you there, but I think the reaction it would get from the OF alone would make it worth it from an entertainment perspective.

If we're going to do green/white/black we could go retro with socks etc, though I think we'd get accused of copying our neighbours if we did it right now. Changing just the socks maybe isn't quite as 'out there' as you (or my flag monstrosity) mean either.

Some ideas from the 1930s:

hibernian-1929-1931-bdq.gif hibernian-1933-1935-eoq.gif

First Team Breakthrough Forever_Green93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sunshineonleith

2014/15 Home Kit

I was bored so I made another mock up.

Last edited by Forever_Green93; 01-05-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Green93 View Post

Yes please!

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar

I Like the look of the lighter green top. Maybe we should go back to the lighter shade of green as we seem to have been rank rotten since the change to dark green.

Of course remember that crabbies won't be our short sponsors next season. And for any businesses that might be interested... I know that Hibs are currently holding out for an offer of 100K per season... Doesn't seem like very much!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Of course remember that crabbies won't be our short sponsors next season. And for any businesses that might be interested... I know that Hibs are currently holding out for an offer of 100K per season... Doesn't seem like very much!
    Do we deserve anymore really? We aren't gonna be playing in Europe and won't be on TV much. Not like the advertising is gonna go much further than about 8k supporters at home matches and some people wearing the top about the streets.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Smart as ****

Thoughts?

ha ha ha ha my big fat beer belly would look good in that right enough...

Thoughts?
    A certain element of our support would love that kit ;-)

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    The home top would be glorious with white sleeves and a white round neck.

Bit rushed, but something like this? Whilst I'm not too keen on the whole Army Marketing scheme I actually quite like the look of those tops, especially the purple away top... Bit different without following the more popular templates.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post

Bit rushed, but something like this? Whilst I'm not too keen on the whole Army Marketing scheme I actually quite like the look of those tops, especially the purple away top... Bit different without following the more popular templates.
    Now that's a thing of beauty

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post
    What a ludicrous comment. I and no doubt thousands of other Hibbies have no problem whatsoever with the Union flag.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Puma's kits this season have been dire, I'm glad we changed.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist so disagree with you there, but I think the reaction it would get from the OF alone would make it worth it from an entertainment perspective.

If we're going to do green/white/black we could go retro with socks etc, though I think we'd get accused of copying our neighbours if we did it right now. Changing just the socks maybe isn't quite as 'out there' as you (or my flag monstrosity) mean either.

Some ideas from the 1930s:

hibernian-1929-1931-bdq.gif hibernian-1933-1935-eoq.gif
    Black socks with green turnovers would be smart as ****.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

We should go back to Puma

Namibia.jpg

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    I Like the look of the lighter green top. Maybe we should go back to the lighter shade of green as we seem to have been rank rotten since the change to dark green.
    We were light green this season

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Noticed on football shirt culture website Motherwell signed a deal with Macron to be their first and only Scottish club
    Did Livi not have Macron around 08/09, also 09/10 but they went breats up and switched to umbro.

Our 3 year Crabbies deal comes to end this summer. Has it been confirmed of this will be renewed?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Nice! Like the darker green better. I'd defo buy something similar, in fact I'd buy more as it has a collar and would be ideal for golfing.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post

Thankfully, with Leeann Dempster in, the marketing department will be scrapped/overhauled and that will prevent such a cringeworthy end to our marketing for next season - hopefully. I would find it embarrassing to have a camouflage kit, especially when it's just linking in to what has been an awful marketing campaign.

If we did go down this route, the darker green of the torso would be used for the collar.
    It's the current Man City Home template with camouflage on the torso and a dark collar.

I'd settle for the Man City Home template, for both shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Thankfully, with Leeann Dempster in, the marketing department will be scrapped/overhauled and that will prevent such a cringeworthy end to our marketing for next season - hopefully. I would find it embarrassing to have a camouflage kit, especially when it's just linking in to what has been an awful marketing campaign.

If we did go down this route, the darker green of the torso would be used for the collar.
    It's the current Man City Home template with camouflage on the torso and a dark collar.

Wouldn't the dark green/white combo improve visibility on the pitch? (As well as being a more tasteful colour for casual wear.)

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Now that's a thing of beauty
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post

I LOVE the purple strip!!