hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

French Open - Roland Garros

I'm in Paris on the 26th and 27th of May when the 1st round is on. Are the tickets reasonably priced?

Does anyone know how much it is for a 1 day or half day ticket? It says from 20 euros on the website but that includes kids so full price could be anything.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just found this from last year but it's in French. I think it's saying 24 euros for the outside courts, is that correct?

http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/...2013-GP-FR.pdf

I was just about to post up a thread on the Australian Open in the next day or two, which begins on Monday!

When I saw this thread title I thought I had got stuck in a time warp!

The 20 euros option is for the outside courts in the second week.

For one of the show courts on either of the days you're going to be there, it would be the following;

Philippe-Chatrier

Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th

CAT 1 - 82 euros
    CAT 2 - 66 euros
    CAT 3 - 49 euros

Suzanne-Lenglen

CAT 1 - 70 euros
    CAT 2 - 56 euros
    CAT 3 - 42 euros

Court 1

CAT 1 - 49 euros
    CAT 2 - 36 euros

http://staticrg.cdn.fft-tickets.com/...4-UK-Light.pdf

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    For May 26th & 27th it's 30€ for the outside courts only.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just about to post up a thread on the Australian Open in the next day or two, which begins on Monday!

When I saw this thread title I thought I had got stuck in a time warp!

The 20 euros option is for the outside courts in the second week.

For one of the show courts on either of the days you're going to be there, it would be the following;

Philippe-Chatrier

CAT 1 - 82 euros
    CAT 2 - 66 euros
    CAT 3 - 49 euros

Suzanne-Lenglen

CAT 1 - 70 euros
    CAT 2 - 56 euros
    CAT 3 - 42 euros

Court 1

CAT 1 - 49 euros
    CAT 2 - 36 euros

http://staticrg.cdn.fft-tickets.com/...4-UK-Light.pdf
    Perfect, thanks. Not that much between outside and the main court. Reckon I'll go for that, seeing Nadal at the French would be amazing (assuming he'll be on the biggest court).

What do you reckon Murray will be on?

Edit: obviously need to get lucky with day as well.
    Last edited by Speedy; 08-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Perfect, thanks. Not that much between outside and the main court. Reckon I'll go for that, seeing Nadal at the French would be amazing (assuming he'll be on the biggest court).

What do you reckon Murray will be on?

Edit: obviously need to get lucky with day as well.
    Nadal would probably be on the main Philippe Chatrier court for his first round match. However the first day's play is on Sunday 25th May so it's possible that he may be playing then instead of the Monday or Tuesday. However, unlike Wimbledon who always get the defending men's champion to play on Centre Court on day one, that isn't necessarily the case with the French Open so you may be in luck.

If it's Nadal you want to see, I would imagine he'll be on Philippe Chatrier.

As for Murray, there's no guarantee that he'll be on the main court. He could very well be on the Suzanne Lenglen court for a few of his early round matches.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Nadal would probably be on the main Philippe Chatrier court for his first round match. However the first day's play is on Sunday 25th May so it's possible that he may be playing then instead of the Monday or Tuesday. However, unlike Wimbledon who always get the defending men's champion to play on Centre Court on day one, that isn't necessarily the case with the French Open so you may be in luck.

If it's Nadal you want to see, I would imagine he'll be on Philippe Chatrier.

As for Murray, there's no guarantee that he'll be on the main court. He could very well be on the Suzanne Lenglen court for a few of his early round matches.
    Nadal would be my first choice, seeing him at the French would be great. Murray would be 2nd choice followed by Djokovic/Federer.

Think I'll go for Philippe Chatrier, if Murray is on the other one on the same day then tough.

Nadal would be my first choice, seeing him at the French would be great. Murray would be 2nd choice followed by Djokovic/Federer.

Think I'll go for Philippe Chatrier, if Murray is on the other one on the same day then tough.
    I would certainly say that Chatrier would be your best bet to see the top players.

If you don't see Nadal or Murray, I'm sure you would see the likes of Federer, Djokovic, Ferrer, Berdych, Del Potro and the likes of Serena Williams and Azarenka on the women's side.

Hope you enjoy it.

@hibs.net private member
    Been to the French Open twice. My sister in Law works for BNP and gets priority tickets. We have seen quarters twice which is on the second Tuesday. Both times on Suzanne Lenglen. First time we saw Djokovic and second time Murray. You will see good players on that court.

I've just been looking at the schedule of play from last year and there was only 2 games on centre court on the first Tuesday.

Is that normal - last day of round 1? Or was it due to rain or something?

I've just been looking at the schedule of play from last year and there was only 2 games on centre court on the first Tuesday.

Is that normal - last day of round 1? Or was it due to rain or something?
    There were four matches scheduled but the final two matches were cancelled due to heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    There were four matches scheduled but the final two matches were cancelled due to heavy rain.
    Cheers, that's reassured me. I may have to go on the Tuesday as The Louvre is shut on Tuesdays and I've only got 2 full days in Paris.

@hibs.net private member
    Meant to mention it on the other thread but computer was playing up and it was taking too long.

The show courts (Chartier and Lenglen) usually start at about 1.00pm. When we have been we have watched the seniors doubles on Court One at 11.00am and then gone over. It has worked really well as we saw Pat Cash get thrashed by the McEnroe brothers who took it rather seriously. They also dig out some of the great French clay court players from the 80s and if you are really lucky Bahrami who is really entertaining. Look him up You Tube.

Must admit Women's tennis doesn't really do much for me due to the ear splitting screeching.

Take plenty of sun cream, water and a hat as it can get really hot and you are sitting in the sun for hours on end.