hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Cairney

Fair comment, let's hope he does the biz on the 2nd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by roryg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair comment, let's hope he does the biz on the 2nd.
    He was due to go to alloa on loan before butcher came in. Amazing how the two managers think so different. Am still not sure about him though.

Quote Originally Posted by IndieHibby View Post
    Every time someone shouts something negative, shout something positive. If you disagree with the specifics of their abuse, then shout specific positive support that directly contradicts what they say.
    Freedom of speech dictates that people can shout negative comments freely, so rather than criticise them on here , show them up in the stands by exercising your right to free speech.
    Soon enough you will see that most people want to be positive, it's just hard when there is nothing positive to see!
    As others have said, it is got to that stage when it seems that some people only go to Easter Road to moan at OUR players. I know that is not the case, but you would think it is by listening to some of OUR FANS.

I did think about your suggestion of shouting something positive rather than something negative, but it is not going to work. When a player hits the corner flag, any shout of "Hard luck <<insert name>>, well done for trying to shoot" will be drowned out by the moans and groans.

No, better that OUR so called FANS put a sock in it and try and vocally support the team.

Yes, we could turn on these FANS, but that just leads to arguments, fights etc, which further creates a negative environment.

TBH, I don't know how we solve such problems.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Right now he's the only player we have looks like he can create something with a bit of skill, unfortunately he doesn't really have the pace to be a winger.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    As others have said, it is got to that stage when it seems that some people only go to Easter Road to moan at OUR players. I know that is not the case, but you would think it is by listening to some of OUR FANS.

I did think about your suggestion of shouting something positive rather than something negative, but it is not going to work. When a player hits the corner flag, any shout of "Hard luck <<insert name>>, well done for trying to shoot" will be drowned out by the moans and groans.

No, better that OUR so called FANS put a sock in it and try and vocally support the team.

Yes, we could turn on these FANS, but that just leads to arguments, fights etc, which further creates a negative environment.

TBH, I don't know how we solve such problems.

Make them inhale helium as they go in. Then they'll sound like The Chipmunks and we can all laugh at them.

What about a new song?

If you are gonna boo the Hibees Fx k off home

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    What about a new song?

If you are gonna boo the Hibees Fx k off home

Or how about the team give us a few home wins to cheer about, our home record at ER is horrendous and i don't believe for one minute it is the fault of the fans that keep turning up every other week to watch these poor performances that happen most weeks at ER.

Its becoming a .net FACT that we are to blame for these poor results at home, we aren't, its all down to the players on the day, the players get plenty of support from the fans, time they started repaying us with some good results at home.

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Or how about the team give us a few home wins to cheer about, our home record at ER is horrendous and i don't believe for one minute it is the fault of the fans that keep turning up every other week to watch these poor performances that happen most weeks at ER.

Its becoming a .net FACT that we are to blame for these poor results at home, we aren't, its all down to the players on the day, the players get plenty of support from the fans, time they started repaying us with some good results at home.
    Agreed. Let's hope we shaft Killie the morn. GGTTH

Agreed

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Exactly.

As for the example above if the player does hit the corner flag with a shot he cannae exactly be expecting a polite round of applause for it.

Seems to be 3 separate threads in one here. A Paul Cairney thread, one about the topic of player abuse and a completely separate theme about our right to be critical of poor play

I think we can expect to be tough on the tiny minority of abusers / bottle merchants without expecting everyone to suddenly turn into happy clappers

There seems to be a Hibs.Net myth starting to appear that everyone believes that fans are responsible for our poor home record. I don't think anyone buys that. The myth is that the myth exists in the first place

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I agree he gives us something different and should be persevered and supported as he will create and score goals. He needs to cut the diving out though as he will end up not getting a decision.
    Diving? Really? Can't say I've ever seen this. If he's gone down there is normally contact however soft.

Three assists and a goal in the last two games, hats off.

I also thought we should have had a penalty when he went down in the box, it looks like he has gained a 'divers reputation' without actually diving, which is not fair.

I actually thought he was average today. He just doesn't have the pace to be a winger, but luckily we didn't need pace today.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I actually thought he was average today. He just doesn't have the pace to be a winger, but luckily we didn't need pace today.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    I would agree with that, thought particularly in the second half he wanted too long on the ball and took too many touches at times, but he deserves credit for keeping going and getting himself a very good goal.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

assist for the first, fantastic cross for Robertsons header that hit the bar, skill to beat a man that should have seen us get a penalty, great finish for the goal.

If that was him being average then I cant wait for him to play well

Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    I would agree with that, thought particularly in the second half he wanted too long on the ball and took too many touches at times, but he deserves credit for keeping going and getting himself a very good goal.
    Yep - i actually expected him to come off for Handling... two mins later he scored!

Thought he was lively in the first half. Although he lost the ball a few times the main thing is that he was trying to go past people. Thought he'd fell right out the game in the second half then scored a good goal. I think he can get better.

Opinions, eh. I thought he played well today, as he did at County. The standing ovation by many showed others thought the same.

I've been critical of Cairney in the past, but he's been worth his place in the last couple of games.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Opinions, eh. I thought he played well today, as he did at County. The standing ovation by many showed others thought the same.
    Definitely man of the match for me.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    But the point is we moved the ball with pace. Cairney is hit and miss at times but his set piece delivery is terrific and he can do the unexpected.

First Team Breakthrough
    Cairney was honking today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero76 View Post
    He wasn't great and should have gone off long before he did (before he scored lol) but I think honking is a wee bit harsh.

I like Cairney, thought he played well today, made some good runs but sometimes he doesn't know when to pass and trys to beat one man too many and looses it.

Hopefully next week he can get a few runs and the hearts youngsters will not know how to handle him.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Well done for the stupidest most clueless post i've ever read on here.

Fishing!!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    He wasn't great and should have gone off long before he did (before he scored lol) but I think honking is a wee bit harsh.
    Aye right.......