hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Craig McEwan

Craig McEwan

I know a few on here have followed the career of Edinburgh middleweight, and good Hibby, Craig McEwan over the last few years.

Sadly after losing last night in New York Craig has decided to retire from boxing. Since moving back from LA a couple of years back he's been frustrated by the difficulties in securing good fights in Britain, this is a guy who fought Andy Lee in a world title eliminator remember. He took a fight in New York at short notice that he was never ready for, went over with only a couple of rounds sparring and no trainer.

Personally still think he has something to offer and i know guys like Stephen Simmons and Alex Morrison are trying to get him to reconsider. Whatever happens he can be proud of what he achieved. Was a great amateur and lived the dream in LA sparring with guys like Bernard Hopkins and Manny Pacquaio. His work with young guys from Wester Hailes at Clovenstone Boxing Club os something he should be very proud of.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough 'mon the beers's Avatar
    Never knew he decided to retire, sad to hear. Was always proud to say I grew up with Craig in Clovie and he is such a sound lad with an amazing young family. He has also fought and beat some of the other guys in the top 10 middleweights in the world so I hope he re-considers and gets back into it as I also think he has plenty to offer still!