hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I mentioned a few posts up that a low score was possible with the way the tour has gone. Albeit they did get more than 25!!!

It happens in all sports of course. When it's not your time, you don't get the rub of the green.

It's the poor buggers who forked out thousands that I feel sorry for. Not a lot to shout about.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This should be on the Comedy Channel

English cricket has a new website w..w.w

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This should be on the Comedy Channel English cricket has a new website w..w.w
    Ha ha. 231 or so to win.

4-0 per chance??

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I don't know - Pietersen seems to have sorted himself out, team spirit seems to be a lot more positive. I didn't see anything beyond the first session, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get it back to 3-1 here.

There's obviously something in the wicket.
    Oh dear. Did I put the mockers on them by any chance?

POP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It's Geoffrey Boycott who gets my goat Doddie.
    Didn't know you had a goat, John. We used to keep a couple of nannies when we were in the islands - lovely animals and real pets, unlike the male of the species who was an evil, smelly, randy, psychopathic toerag. Goat's milk's awfy nice.

As for dear Geoffrey, I agree. He's even more irritating when he's right than when he's wrong, though he has one redeeming feature in that I can shout at him and feel energised and motivated to cheer on the Aussies to victory.

Strauss just takes all the colour out of life and makes me want to die.

I take it back about Warne, though. I should have realised that at 10.00am on Boxing Day any self-respecting Aussie would still be well beered-up, and therefore also loud and loquacious (dig the artful alliteration there, mate!). He was much more coherent later on - I guess someone must have fed him coffee and doughnuts before his next spell at the mike.

Bumble, on the other hand, is a National Treasure. When Panesar got one in the box from Siddle (?) everybody was falling about, and Bumble observed that Monty should just be grateful it was Siddle who'd done it - not someone like Jeff Thomson. Painful memories for Bumble.

I remember years ago Thommo getting Brian Luckhurst in the goolies with the fifth ball of the over, and after BL had painfully staggered to his feet (about 5 minutes later, after much massage and no sympathy whatsoever from the Australians) the late John Arlott resumed commentary with the observation that "play resumes with Thomson running in from the Kirkstall Lane end ... and there's one ball left".

Looks like England have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Oh dear. Did I put the mockers on them by any chance?

POP!

Didn't know you had a goat, John. We used to keep a couple of nannies when we were in the islands - lovely animals and real pets, unlike the male of the species who was an evil, smelly, randy, psychopathic toerag. Goat's milk's awfy nice.

As for dear Geoffrey, I agree. He's even more irritating when he's right than when he's wrong, though he has one redeeming feature in that I can shout at him and feel energised and motivated to cheer on the Aussies to victory.

Strauss just takes all the colour out of life and makes me want to die.

I take it back about Warne, though. I should have realised that at 10.00am on Boxing Day any self-respecting Aussie would still be well beered-up, and therefore also loud and loquacious (dig the artful alliteration there, mate!). He was much more coherent later on - I guess someone must have fed him coffee and doughnuts before his next spell at the mike.

Bumble, on the other hand, is a National Treasure. When Panesar got one in the box from Siddle (?) everybody was falling about, and Bumble observed that Monty should just be grateful it was Siddle who'd done it - not someone like Jeff Thomson. Painful memories for Bumble.

I remember years ago Thommo getting Brian Luckhurst in the goolies with the fifth ball of the over, and after BL had painfully staggered to his feet (about 5 minutes later, after much massage and no sympathy whatsoever from the Australians) the late John Arlott resumed commentary with the observation that "play resumes with Thomson running in from the Kirkstall Lane end ... and there's one ball left".

Looks like England have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Be amazed if it's not 4-0 by the time I wake up tomorrow
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Be amazed if it's not 4-0 by the time I wake up tomorrow

Watching just now. England have missed two clear chances - one a keeper's catch that Bairstow didn't move for, and an absolute dolly put down by Cook. Warner played well and fairly sensibly, and Rogers is playing well so far. But Australia are ore than one-third of the way there - 1 for 85 as I type.

Gonnae get to bed soon - working tomorrow!

143-1. 88 to go.

Gamer IDs

Well I woke up early but it's over already

Whitewash looms
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Well I woke up early but it's over already

Whitewash looms

They can't bat, they can't bowl, they can't catch the ball, and it's as well they have that orange buggy for the drinks or they'd spill them too.

Australia should ask for their money back - they thought they were going to see a cricket team, not this hopeless bunch.

Bell's dismissal in the second innings?

Some of the bowling today?

They can't bat, they can't bowl, they can't catch the ball, and it's as well they have that orange buggy for the drinks or they'd spill them too. Australia should ask for their money back - they thought they were going to see a cricket team, not this hopeless bunch. Bell's dismissal in the second innings? Some of the bowling today?
    I don't think the Aussies who paid to watch will mind one little bit Doddie.

Every aspect of the English game has been poor, apart from one or two individual batting performances (Root)

It's pleasing to know that after being hyped up by the English media they have fallen flat on their faces.

Pleasing.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I don't think the Aussies who paid to watch will mind one little bit Doddie.

Every aspect of the English game has been poor, apart from one or two individual batting performances (Root)

It's pleasing to know that after being hyped up by the English media they have fallen flat on their faces.

Pleasing.

I'm sure they won't. I have to say, I've enjoyed the series thoroughly so far, and I'm much looking forward to the SCG and a probable whitewash.

I don't know about you, but I find the "choir" singing "Jerusalem" every morning before play really creepy. "And we shall build Jerusalem in England's green unpleasant land"? Jeesh!

I'm sure they won't. I have to say, I've enjoyed the series thoroughly so far, and I'm much looking forward to the SCG and a probable whitewash. I don't know about you, but I find the "choir" singing "Jerusalem" every morning before play really creepy. "And we shall build Jerusalem in England's green unpleasant land"? Jeesh!
    I have been watching the highlights as don't have SKY and I cannot think of a more fitting venue to complete the whitewash as the SCG.

It has been excellent viewing and the fall from grace has been quite exceptional.

Gamer IDs

I have been watching the highlights as don't have SKY and I cannot think of a more fitting venue to complete the whitewash as the SCG.

It has been excellent viewing and the fall from grace has been quite exceptional.

As the Good Book says - "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall..." (Proverbs 16:18)

I've mostly been the watching highlights too - sadly, the people I work for wouldn't understand if I stayed up all night watching the Test matches and then slept all day.

I really admire the England players' seemingly endless versatility in finding ever more ridiculous ways to lose Test matches.

As the Good Book says - "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall..." (Proverbs 16:18) I've mostly been the watching highlights too - sadly, the people I work for wouldn't understand if I stayed up all night watching the Test matches and then slept all day. I really admire the England players' seemingly endless versatility in finding ever more ridiculous ways to lose Test matches.
    I'll take your word on the proverb mate.

From a seemly strong position in the latest test to total capitulation. You couldn't make it up. They couldn't catch a cold when fielding and I am sure even Stevie Wonder could bat better than most of the upper and middle order.

Roll on the SCG.

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    5th test and England finally win a toss

Chosen to bowl which is the preferred choice by the sounds of it.

EDIT: Can't believe Root has been dropped.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Oz 78-3.

Started well... Then let them go miles ahead.

England 14-3!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    England 14-3!
    England 0-5
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Try 17-4 with KP gone
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    England 0-5
    Very much so!

23-5.

Gamer IDs

5 for 61 at lunch, not out batsmen Ballance 17 and Stokes 23.

Johnson rapped a hot one right into Ballance's face-mask just before lunch - I should say Ballance ducked into it - and there was a long stoppage while they sorted things out. If he hadn't been wearing a lid he'd be a dead man.

None of the senior players made anything, and again it's the youngsters showing the way. Why was Joe Root dropped rather than that deadbeat Carberry?

And what's Finn done to be sent to Siberia the way he has?

QUESTION: what odds on England having to follow on?

Follow on is inevitable.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Follow on is inevitable.

6 for 81 now. I think you're right.

Unless, of course, the Aussies decide not to enforce it, just to pile on the misery ....

Or rain stops play - for three whole days.

I've actually reached the point where I can hardly believe it any more - how can they be so bad?

155 all out. No follow. The convicts will smash this over 500+ to win.

Something has happened between this summer and this series. Both teams are similar, no drastic changes... Backroom problems.

Australia close on 140-4. England are 311 behind. All over except for the celebrations.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    155 all out. No follow. The convicts will smash this over 500+ to win.

Something has happened between this summer and this series. Both teams are similar, no drastic changes... Backroom problems.
    Kevin Pieterson?

Farcical series.

Beefy called the score right then

They think it's all over - it is now. There is no way England will get anywhere near 300.

They think it's all over - it is now. There is no way England will get anywhere near 300.
    288 is the record chase at the SCG. It's gonna be 5-0