hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Groves greetin?
    I'd be crying too after that joke.

Froch offering the rematch but bet it doesn't happen. Froch has come over as a total bellend post fight. Groves comes across quite well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

He is now. Ironic after his chat pre-fight.....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Cracking fight despite the controversy at the end.

Don't think Froch is coming over to well after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Froch offering the rematch but bet it doesn't happen. Froch has come over as a total bellend post fight. Groves comes across quite well.
    I was having a wee bit fun after his trash talking on the Sky Sports show a few weeks ago. Was impressed by how prepared he was tonight, but still think he's a wee fud.

First Team Breakthrough 'mon the beers's Avatar
    Wasn't impressed with Groves pre-fight but he deserved more from that fight. Fair enough Froch was hurting him but it's never a stoppage! The score cards were a worry as well!!!

Hope there is another fight between them but I don't see Froch being up for that.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Made a idiot of himself.

Im a bit pished having watched that in the pub... How was that stopped? I had Groves on points by a long way yet one bad round and it was stopped?

I said before the fight that Froch had the experience, George had the youth yet Forch got one good round and won. Groves looked like he could have fought on and recovered.

My opinion but that was a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member
    What did froch say to appear a bit of a bellend?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It wasn't even one bad round, it was a bad 5 seconds. Froch went on to say the ref was right to stop it because he'd had a free shot. This after he'd been knocked down cleanly in the first round. Poor poor decision.

Very close to a stitch up.

very poor decision, has rematch written allover it, groves is on the way up while froch is fighting on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Should have let him fight on. As Halling says, screams rematch, All a bit showbiz.
    I was watching it in The Horseshoe in Glasgow, that was the first thing I said to my old man when the ref stopped the fight.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    very poor decision, has rematch written allover it, groves is on the way up while froch is fighting on borrowed time.
    Might that be the very reason a rematch is unlikely?

Froch probably got a bit of a fright last night and I don't think he'd want to give Groves a shot to beat him.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Just watched it back and still stunned by the stoppage.

Groves was in trouble no doubt, he took 3 very big shots quickly. He was still trying to fight back though (probably the wrong thing to do as grabbing hold, covering up or even taking a knee might have been better options). When Foster actually stopped the fight Groves had actually got himself off the ropes and was moving away from Froch, the idea that Froch had a chance to throw a punch that 'could have killed him' is ridiculous. Groves may have gone down but it's a world title fight and he deserved another 30 seconds to try and regain composure. It's worth looking at how hurt Froch was in round 1, the camera angle where you can see his eyes is scary as he was close to being out on his feet. He got knowcked down near the centre of the ring and ended up in the corner when he stood up, not because he was told to go there but because he stumbled badly and the ropes held him up. I've seen fights stopped for far less and Froch was way more hurt than Groves was later on.

How 2 judges had that at only 1 point up for Groves screams fix to me. Froch was starting to come on strong, he always does, but he should have had a mountain to climb.

The post fight interviews made Froch seem a bit of a dick as well. Groves showed plenty respect whilst making it clear he was unhappy. Froch defended the indefensible, claimed he was the better fighter (last night) and bitched and moaner about Groves lack of respect in the build up. Of course Groves showed a lack if respect in the build up, sometimes a young challenger has to so they are noticed and given chances. Froch is a ****ing hypocrite anyway because he chased Joe Calzaghe all over the world goading and taunting him and said things far worse than Groves ever said. He was a hell of a lot older than Groves when he was doing that as well.

I liked Froch but after last night i hope he does fight Andre Ward again because getting his erse handed to him again might teach him a bit humility.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think all these dodgy decisions in boxing are starting to affect its credibility, if its not silly stoppages it's bad judging. I had groves at 11/4 and I was counting my money before that clown stopped it.