hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stick in Pat

Left by mutual consent!
    I am no fan of PF as a manager and haven't been for some time however I believe that he is giving and has given no less than 100%. He hasnt lost games on purpose and does not deserve any personal stick as the guy is genuine in all he has done right or wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Serious Question

To those calling for Pat's head I ask you this.

Please draw up and post on here a short list of candidates you would interview for the job.

Include the sort of questions you would ask them and the sort of responses you would expect.

What areas of the team do you believe we are lacking in strength and provide a list of possible targets.

Once you have done that ask yourself how Hibs could afford to put your plan into action without becoming Yams MK II

Edit; Instead of squabbling lets get right behind the team on Sunday. Has the section 43 drum been fixed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how most of the negative comments on this thread are from posters who have generally been here 6-12 months at least and with post counts of 20, 50, 60..............mmmh
    Oh no they're not....

He's a decent guy but he's not up to the job and has to go. I'll be giving the team 100% backing against the Wongaboys, and every other opponent, but I refuse to back a manager whose negativity and tactical ineptitude is harmful to the interests of the club. I can't remember a manager in recent times who's been cut so much slack with so little reason for doing so.

Faith is just believing things with no supporting evidence. Blind faith is even worse than that

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    To those calling for Pat's head I ask you this.

Please draw up and post on here a short list of candidates you would interview for the job.

Include the sort of questions you would ask them and the sort of responses you would expect.

What areas of the team do you believe we are lacking in strength and provide a list of possible targets.

Once you have done that ask yourself how Hibs could afford to put your plan into action without becoming Yams MK II

Edit; Instead of squabbling lets get right behind the team on Sunday. Has the section 43 drum been fixed yet?
    This is not and has never been our job, if the job becomes available there will be a list the length of your arm of candidates who will apply.

We employ a man to do this, and they should know who the up and coming coaches throughout the country are.

They should also be keeping tabs on these people, as we all know football is a fickle game and someone could come along any minute and tempt our manager away.

In short, i dont think any fan would know the answer to that question other than trotting out the usual names we see every time there is a vacancy at Easter road.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 06-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeEmma View Post
    Why not a bit of positivism for once? We're not going to change anything sitting on .net being sarcastic.

Isn't it better to have a feel good factor and go into this derby with positive determinism, because I'm sure the negativity/quietness/criticism shouted at players, from fans is felt by the players on the park. Realistically we are not going to be winning the league the way we are but support goes a long way.

PF recognises the pressure is on him, not the players at this stage but as long as he is Hibs manager he should be back where possible.

If you want him out, start an active petition or something but don't bring down those who still have a bit faith in things going well.

Come on man, i get what you are saying but there needs to be something to be positive about. So far there has been no change in tactics so its pedestrian, negative, boring rubbish without Griffiths. Blind faith will get you nowhere.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Funny how most of the negative comments on this thread are from posters who have generally been here 6-12 months at least and with post counts of 20, 50, 60..............mmmh
    Without trawling through the whole thread ,and with the greatest respect, I'd say your post was absolute nonsense. In fact I'm probably talking nonsense myself as I have my suspicions that the "fans" who continue to support Fenlon are in fact under cover Jambos.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This is not and has never been our job, if the job becomes available there will be a list the length of your arm of candidates who will apply.

We employ a man to do this, and they should know who the up and coming coaches throughout the country are.

They should also be keeping tabs on these people, as we all know football is a fickle game and someone could come along any minute and tempt our manager away.

In short, i dont think any fan would know the answer to that question other than trotting out the usual names we see every time there is a vacancy at Easter road.
    Folk can hardly complain then if they don't have the answers.

The last time I got to the point of utter dejection watching Hibs I wrote to the board and posted it up here only to be berated by most for trying to get a response from those in charge of our club (never got an answer).

I know people like to complain when things go wrong it's just that the OP has the right attitude IMHO that we should get behind the team 100% and spur them on rather than get on their backs and watch a bunch of spotty youths give us a doing while being managed by a bloke more famous on here for his alleged bedroom peccadilloes than his footballing or managerial prowess.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Folk can hardly complain then if they don't have the answers.

The last time I got to the point of utter dejection watching Hibs I wrote to the board and posted it up here only to be berated by most for trying to get a response from those in charge of our club (never got an answer).

I know people like to complain when things go wrong it's just that the OP has the right attitude IMHO that we should get behind the team 100% and spur them on rather than get on their backs and watch a bunch of spotty youths give us a doing while being managed by a bloke more famous on here for his alleged bedroom peccadilloes than his footballing or managerial prowess.
    Of course we can complain, we all pay good money to watch utter pish most weeks. And my point still stands, none of us are qualified to know just who is available , would want the job or indeed who we could afford.

If we go down the road you want, we should just shut up and keep bending over?

So let's say Hibs do get rid of the manager. We pay him off with around £100k in his pocket. We then get a new manager in, fine if he's out of work at the moment (why?). If not we pay compensation to his current club, say another £100k. He decides he wants to bring in his own backroom staff, another £100k in pay-offs. He then decides he doesn't like some of the current squad and we have to pay them off, maybe £2-300k. He wants to bring in his own players. RP says offload others before bringing new faces in. More compensation £2-300k. Buy new players, £4-500k. They're all pish and the managers crap. Get rid of manager.... Repeat ad infinitum.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So let's say Hibs do get rid of the manager. We pay him off with around £100k in his pocket. We then get a new manager in, fine if he's out of work at the moment (why?). If not we pay compensation to his current club, say another £100k. He decides he wants to bring in his own backroom staff, another £100k in pay-offs. He then decides he doesn't like some of the current squad and we have to pay them off, maybe £2-300k. He wants to bring in his own players. RP says offload others before bringing new faces in. More compensation £2-300k. Buy new players, £4-500k. They're all pish and the managers crap. Get rid of manager.... Repeat ad infinitum.

This post ain't too far off the mark for me!

How many managers have we had in the last 15 years?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    Come on man, i get what you are saying but there needs to be something to be positive about. So far there has been no change in tactics so its pedestrian, negative, boring rubbish without Griffiths. Blind faith will get you nowhere.
    HibeeEmma

Good to see you still post on here Em!