• Yes

60 49.18%
  • No

62 50.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bear in mind that we are still paying off large mortgages for the new stands and training complex. This has to be managed in a structured way and is, I suspect, the root of many Yam claims that we are going bust ourselves. Any losses we incur from year to year are incurred by attempts to support the manager so, yes, I am satisfied Rod's financial efforts are excellent.
    I don't think you can separate his management appointments with the way he has run the finances, there is a direct link to why we have been losing money, he does support the manager i have said this many times.

Its the managers he appoints that are useless, and he then has to fund them each transfer window and then pay him and the numptys the manager brought to the club off each couple of years or so.

Who's to say someone else couldn't have done a much better job that Petrie, all i hear from the folk who support him is, Leeds United Portsmouth and Hearts?

You'd think those were the only options without Petrie at the helm?

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3704851]

Its the managers he appoints that are useless, and he then has to fund them each transfer window and then pay him and the numptys the manager brought to the club off each couple of years or so.

This is the original point I made, Gary, that his appointments are his big problem. Get this right and the club prospers. It doesn't deflect from my contention that, in financial terms, the club is run properly.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Bill Milne;3704860]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

This is the original point I made, Gary, that his appointments are his big problem. Get this right and the club prospers. It doesn't deflect from my contention that, in financial terms, the club is run properly.
    Ok, apart losing money and the product on the park being crap the club is run properly?

@hibs.net private member
    I voted keep. Appointing managers is a lottery. Most SPL clubs struggle and get 1 great season in 10. Whist St Johnstone and Motherwell have done well in the league they have won nothing. Motherwell have been humped in very Euro tie for the last 2 years. I know we need to get rid of PF but Rodders and the board have done their job by backing him financially this season by buying 2 players and resigning McGirven and Thompson. It's not the board that's the problem it's PF's tactics.

I was under the impression that as well as being Chairman of the club that RP owned something like 10%. I thought that TF rewarded him with x amount of shares a few years ago.
    Happy to be corrected if wrong but if that is the case does anyone really think he will just walk away from such an investment? I think it's absolute pie in the sky to think that RP will leave in the next few years and FWIW even if he did I can't see it making much difference (if any) on the pitch. Who's to say the next chairman won't appoint huddy managers as well?
    Better the devil you know for me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    He wasn't involved in Fenlon's appointment.
    Yes he was, he had the final say.

Who would you replace him with?

STF would replace him with one of the other 99 Rod Petries

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Who would you replace him with?

STF would replace him with one of the other 99 Rod Petries
    As long as one of them proves to be competent.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Yes he was, he had the final say.
    Anyone believing RP doesn't have the final say at ER is deluded.

I have no idea. However, ultimate responsibility for our almost continual underperforming and underachieving must surely go right to the top. There is something seriously wrong at Easter Road. What it is I have no idea. It frustrates the life out of me how poor we are. Our expectations based on our resources compared to others are realistic. Does our custodian and chairman really share them?

Testimonial Due
    I voted for him to go.

RP has done an excellent job of turning Hibs into a stable financially viable club and for that I thank him greatly.

However he's been on the board of Hibs for nearly 20 years now and I just think it's time for a new person with fresh ideas to come in and take the club forward.

Preferably someone from within football.

RP is an excellent Cheif Executive/Managing Director and wouldbe welcomed by any business sporting or otherwise, however as football chairman I just dont think he has the right mind set.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I have no idea. However, ultimate responsibility for our almost continual underperforming and underachieving must surely go right to the top. There is something seriously wrong at Easter Road. What it is I have no idea. It frustrates the life out of me how poor we are. Our expectations based on our resources compared to others are realistic. Does our custodian and chairman really share them?
    The buck has to stop with someone, there is more wrong that bad managerial appointments. Its time for Petrie to go, or for the fans to buy him out.

Quote Originally Posted by lr19 View Post
    The buck has to stop with someone, there is more wrong that bad managerial appointments. Its time for Petrie to go, or for the fans to buy him out.
    i want petrie gone and i am prepared to put my money where my mouth is and pay a share to buy him out

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoLuna View Post
    i want petrie gone and i am prepared to put my money where my mouth is and pay a share to buy him out
    I want this football club back where it belongs. We're an absolute laughing stock and we've already seen that simply changing managers wont work, we need change at the top.

First Team Regular
    Rod and the other big cheeses look after the club from a long term perspective. If a manager does badly, he leaves. If a manager does well, he leaves. They come and go. We have had a string of bad managers and it has cost the club money, but despite this we are still in a better financial position than MOST other clubs. Not just collapsing clubs like Hearts. The manager recruitment process must improve, but if it does, we'll be in the position to give a good manager enough money to build a very strong side. This is as a result of tough, but excellent, decisions made primarily by Rod. Hibs long term situation looks great, and the short term can turn on a sixpence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    Rod and the other big cheeses look after the club from a long term perspective. If a manager does badly, he leaves. If a manager does well, he leaves. They come and go. We have had a string of bad managers and it has cost the club money, but despite this we are still in a better financial position than MOST other clubs. Not just collapsing clubs like Hearts. The manager recruitment process must improve, but if it does, we'll be in the position to give a good manager enough money to build a very strong side. This is as a result of tough, but excellent, decisions made primarily by Rod. Hibs long term situation looks great, and the short term can turn on a sixpence.
    I agree good post