Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attendance today

9237 - Thoughts anyone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9237 - Thoughts anyone.
    very poor turn out , we have about 8000 s/t so probably about 800 walk ups, looks like the fans have had enough, the malmo game probably finished a good few off, we should be getting about 12000 at start off season but going to be hard to win these guys back.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    9237 - Thoughts anyone.
    9237 is not prime number. It is divisible by 3.
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

9237 - Thoughts anyone.

Minimum walk up if we have shifted 8k+ in season tickets. The malmo result wiped out a lot of pre season optimism.

I think a lot of people are generally just fed up with amateur negative tactics.

I still think we have a decent squad of players and if butcher or mccall were in charge we would coast into fourth place minimum.

@hibs.net private member
    Coming after the shambles that was the Malmo game and with the game on live, I didn't expect any bigger an attendance. Unless we make a signing or two that puts some bums on seats, I don't see us getting too much more than 9000 most weeks

No offence to the poster who started the thread but it seems every now and then we , as in hibs.net posters have a thing about attendances!!

I think all in all it is what it is, if its 9,000 fine if its 20,000 fine, nothing more nothing less

Lets be honest we've got a hardcore 8/9k that will turn up every week. Some games we will get more than that, but most of the time we won't. Simple as that

On TV, holidays, Malmo result.

Oh and the fact we're crap probably contributed.

First Team Breakthrough
    I said we'd get around 9.5-10k on the way up, only a few hundred off my prediction! Malmo performance probably meant we've lost a few who may have been enticed back had we had played a lot better than we did.

Some people may be away on holiday & given the KO time, it makes it harder for our support that live further afield to get up and it was on sky.

Our big gates will be Celtic, Dons & the derby if they still exist come Jan!
    Last edited by Shields Hibee; 04-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.

it speaks volumes that barely a few hundred people walked up and payed their money on the dawn of a new season . remember when mowbray was in charge even for a game against dunfermline you'd have 13/14000 , it wasnt easy getting a ticket . i had to buy a season ticket just so i could go to the new year derby
    petrie is running this club into the dirt , even if we get rid of him NOW it will take a long time to tempt those 6/7000 lost supporters

9237 - Thoughts anyone.
    Fenlon out - that's my immediate thoughts.

Had talked myself into some optimism prior to today but that's been completely drained now. When you're watching a side with no urgency to score who happily let the opposition dominate possession, is it any wonder fans stay away?

Playing for a 0-0 on day 1, unforgivable.

Its a shocking opening day crowd on a really nice day. There was no atmosphere at all from the Hibs support and no opening day feeling. The Malmo game killed it IMO and attendances will be downhill from here if nothing changes fast. All the diehards were there and that will be it from now on, we really need to get lapst people back pronto,

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It kills the chicken and egg argument regarding team investment.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have a ST but didn't go...

First Team Breakthrough Scònaldò's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Bang out of order...

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    you must be really cheesed off not to show up . its the first game of the season , its how bad we are when fans have a season ticket and dont bother turning up but saying that if i didnt have a s/t i probably woudnt have bothered going as well.

If our attendance was low what about **** ur wells not a lot of them turned up. I think they will do well this again in the league. We got ask ourself how they can get a reasonable squad of players with no fan base to speak of. And not just Motherwell. Do we not have the 3rd or 4th highest attendance in the SPL. I think that says something about the higher ache at Hibs not getting the quality that these so called smaller can muster
    I will still go no matter what nothing else to do other and go shopping with the mrs NO ARGGGH
    GGTTH

Ditto. Wondering why I bothered buying my season ticket. Have not got out of the habit of renewing, but not really excited about Hibs games or football in general anywhere like as much as I used to be. It's probably as much of a mid-life crisis as anything, but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Still strongly identify with the club, and as a Hibs fan, but the current custodians; Farmer, Petrie, Fenlon, most of our first team squad, they don't excite me at all. Far more interested in the Hearts implosion, and that's pretty sad.

9237 - Thoughts anyone.
    It's only going to get worse.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Ditto. Wondering why I bothered buying my season ticket. Have not got out of the habit of renewing, but not really excited about Hibs games or football in general anywhere like as much as I used to be. It's probably as much of a mid-life crisis as anything, but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Still strongly identify with the club, and as a Hibs fan, but the current custodians; Farmer, Petrie, Fenlon, most of our first team squad, they don't excite me at all. Far more interested in the Hearts implosion, and that's pretty sad.
    I sponsored a player last season rather than buy a season ticket. Same again unless there are major changes.

Me too. The Hibs way is to entertain Pat. The club have lost sight of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Hibbie View Post
    It's only going to get worse.
    youre absolutely right

i find it difficult watching hibs on tv at the moment . paying 20 odd quid to actually go seems crazy

I fear a repeat of the Calderwood days both on and off the park.

HFC need to learn fast that once fans drift away it's a helluva job getting them back again
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

HFC need to learn fast that once fans drift away it's a helluva job getting them back again

the thing is petrie/fenlon have had 3 massive chances to bring all those fans back in an instant and every time they have climbed up to a great height and ***** all over the lot of us

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconaldo View Post
    Bang out of order...
    How so??!

First Team Breakthrough Scònaldò's Avatar
    How so??!
    Im taking the urine

I have a ST myself and will probably find it hard to sit through that many games myself, unless their is big improvement.

A reflection on the last few performances. Nothing else. The support is there, but the team are driving them away.

I thought that, bearing in mind the Malmo result / performance, that was a reasonable attendance today. However, we do now need something special to happen to regain the trust of many supporters.

Radio commentary of St Johnstone game reckoned they had only around 2,000 home supporters at their game today - and that following their excellent results in Europe. Now, I'd say they have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

I'm sure that will be a major consideration for Rod.
    Dont know what the budgeted walks ups were, but even giving some allowance for the holiday season, I can't see it at today's level or much below, even accounting for tv.

@hibs.net private member
    We lost around 7000 fans since the Malmo game. I can see the crowds getting smaller