hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those sad Fenlon is away and with Terry B being a possibility, maybe we can find a compromise in Pat Butcher?

I cant see TB leaving ICT for Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    For those sad Fenlon is away and with Terry B being a possibility, maybe we can find a compromise in Pat Butcher?

I cant see TB leaving ICT for Hibs.
    Last edited by andy1875; 02-11-2013 at 08:01 PM.

i think butcher is happy in the highlands, and hes turned down other jobs recently, cant see him coming to us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's not dismissed it going by that report.
    exactly what I thought......another of his skills / benefits is he is is good with and liked by press....

He said exactly what you would expect someone to say that gives respect to his current club while not shutting the door...

He was my choice last time round...and still is...

He is a manager that makes teams that are greater than the sum of the parts......that is exactly what we need right now when we have a decent squad of individuals...but no team..

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Don't think the club will appoint a temp manager. What would be the point?
    I can see the logic in it to be fair.

Terry Butchers contract with ICT is up at the end of the season and it would maybe be easier to approach him then (or approach him no with a view to joining at the end of the season).

That would mean that Terry would get to honour is contract and leave ICT on good terms and would also mean that Hibs wouldn't need to pay any compo.

Getting someone like Shiels in the interim to get the players playing again would then be easier to take.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I've wanted Butcher in since Mixu left. Not sure he would come now but would be ideal for Hibs right now. Knows the league and wouldn't be a soft touch.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's not dismissed it going by that report.
    Sounds like a carefully worded answer to me. Particularly the line:

"At this moment in time, I'm staying here - that's it," said Butcher."

I suppose it could be taken 2 ways, either; right now I'm the Inverness manager (but could be the hibs manager next week) or; at this time I'm not interested on any other job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Dactyl?
    And the dinosaurs John, you must have danced to them back in the 70's

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    listened to an interview on that roughy show earlier, radio station central fm or something......any way when asked about the hibs job he said it was all just speculation at the moment....I guess if were given the nod to speak to him he sounds like he would listen

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    The thing that worries me about butcher is that he has a poor record outside the SPL and ICT have a habit of apparently having great managers that fail miserably elsewhere, ie Paterson and Robertson. there seems to be an Inverness effect where the team plays way above its place and I for one think Butcher would fail more quickly than Fenlon

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    And the dinosaurs John, you must have danced to them back in the 70's
    Not me, I was far too old
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    listened to an interview on that roughy show earlier, radio station central fm or something......any way when asked about the hibs job he said it was all just speculation at the moment....I guess if were given the nod to speak to him he sounds like he would listen
    He has peaked where he is. If he can translate success to Hibs he would prove himself a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ee. View Post
    I can see the logic in it to be fair.

Terry Butchers contract with ICT is up at the end of the season and it would maybe be easier to approach him then (or approach him no with a view to joining at the end of the season).

That would mean that Terry would get to honour is contract and leave ICT on good terms and would also mean that Hibs wouldn't need to pay any compo.

Getting someone like Shiels in the interim to get the players playing again would then be easier to take.
    That's my view on it hence why I posted earlier I can see Sheils getting the gig until seasons end

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He has peaked where he is. If he can translate success to Hibs he would prove himself a bit more.
    Exactly, he would inherit a strong team on paper with the funds to strengthen in Jan, if he could lead hibs to a trophy or succusive top 4 finishes I see him either moving down south again, or even the one to take the rangers over when they come back up.....but lets not think about the future should he get it.

What roughy said was pretty much what you said, he's done a great job with the resources he has had with crowds of around 3 thou, come to hibs with average crowds of 10k and all the infrastructure plus more money then he could really prove himself.

I'd rather Terry Butcher than Tony Mowbray...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    The thing that worries me about butcher is that he has a poor record outside the SPL and ICT have a habit of apparently having great managers that fail miserably elsewhere, ie Paterson and Robertson. there seems to be an Inverness effect where the team plays way above its place and I for one think Butcher would fail more quickly than Fenlon
    The problem with the statistics for Butcher outwith the SPL are that the clubs he had would consider a win rate of 50% a massive achievement. In the top league these clubs will always be lucky to get points from Man Utd and the likes

For those who think he is totally happy at ICT, well, he is on record as being frustrated at the poor crowds and limited potential he faces every day. Managing a club the size of Hibernian will excite him without question: bigger crowds, capital city, massive potential, a not too bad pool of players that would benefit from his tweeking, additions and input. Terry Butcher is yet to sign an extension to his current contract too! Hmmm

Promising Youngster
    I spoke to Jim Jeffries about 2 months ago and he was adamant that when Fenlon was appointed Butcher was interviewed at Easter road.

When asked if he was coming down Maurice Malpas just said y"ou'll find out soon enough" I said w"orth a punt them" he just smiled back :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I'd rather Terry Butcher than Tony Mowbray...
    Why?

@hibs.net private member
    He could easily have come out and said "I can categorically say that I will not be joining Hibs as manager" and that would have put an end to all speculation.

His wording was chosen very carefully though and I suspect that if he was wanted and we offered him decent wages, promise of a decent budget etc then he would be interested.

Up to the board now to decide who they want, the next appointment is massive. Another poor choice as manager and we'll end up with home gates that Butcher would be used to at ICT.

I spoke to butcher earlier and asked him if he was coming to hibs and he said we,ll see

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I spoke to butcher earlier and asked him if he was coming to hibs and he said we,ll see
    Aye? Where was he?

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    He could easily have come out and said "I can categorically say that I will not be joining Hibs as manager" and that would have put an end to all speculation.

His wording was chosen very carefully though and I suspect that if he was wanted and we offered him decent wages, promise of a decent budget etc then he would be interested.

Up to the board now to decide who they want, the next appointment is massive. Another poor choice as manager and we'll end up with home gates that Butcher would be used to at ICT.
    great bargaining tool for a guy in Butchers position to squeeze more money out of Caley if he is happy up there,if they rate him he will have his chairman at his door signing a new contract,if not welcome to Easter Road Tel

Terry's the man for me, though like others I don't think he will leave ICT...sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    Terry's the man for me, though like others I don't think he will leave ICT...sadly.
    This really is 2nd/3rd hand gossip but apparently TB is not liked at board level at ICT, prior to their great run of last year they were positioning to sack him and this obviously saved him. Has it changed since then? I don't know.
    I spoke to him for 5-10 mins while boarding a plane to Inverness after the Eng v Scot game and during that conversation he said his family had all left home and it was just him and the wife now so is that any problem to moving a relatively short distance? I asked if he would be interested in the Hibs job and he never blinked or gave any indication he heard me ask the question, so no idea there either! :-)
    Personally I would like to see Sheils given the job but would be happy with Butcher too

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Personally I dont think Terry would be successful at Hibs. I think it would be a backward step for him. Other managers have failed there. Hibs have a cancer clinging to them in the shape of Rod Petrie and, until he's cut away they'll always be where they are now.

Is it that obvious ?

Maurice and wife just left pub, "don't worry we'll still come back and visit" horses mouth:-)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Not sure. We wouldn't be playing silky football. Inverness are physical and direct although once they get it up there they have decent pace and a good finisher. Recent away record not the best.

Inverness seems to work for team spirit.

I'd give him a go but wouldn't seem to be much of a step in any real direction.
    I'm not sure either, but i'd take anything that was a step up from that sheite under fenlom at the moment.

Now whether thats with Butcher i dont care, but i want a reason to be ****in interested in Hibs again?