hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Would be great IMHO but I can't see it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Depends. He could see us as a project with great potential; on the other hand he could see us as the ultimate poisoned chalice. I rather suspect the latter.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he would come if the right offer was made. I know we are going through tough times and change is needed, but we are a big club in scottish terms, we would triple his wages at least, bigger playing budget, bigger crowds, more media exposure. He used to live in bridge of allan in the central belt and stayed there for years so its not like he is moving somewhere new, in fact he might still even have a house here? When he turned down barnsley he was quoted as saying he would probably move in the future. Im not saying he is def the right man he hasn't always been a success like some on here would have you believe, but if hibs want him, i think he would come.
    Dont see it myself, no real reason to leave caley. He's happy there, his team are playing well and if he gets that lot in Europe he'll get all sorts of plaudits and possibly a shot at a big team in England, top championship team or poss premier. It would be a big risk for him or previously successful manager.

Seems to enjoy living in inverness and has business interests. Rather than that leaving us with no chance i think it would improve our chances of getting him.
    He would be doubling his wages (i'd guess) and working with a bigger budget and there is no doubt Hibs have 'potential'. We are big enough to mount a sustained challenge given the right man and the right circumstances (such as a knackered huns and hawrts).
    Living in or around Embra would make commuting possible.
    What other job would be similar? He aint going to celtc so that really would leave us and the sheep (maybe the arabs).
    I dont know the man but the things i've read and heard means i think him going to der huns is very unlikely.
    After he was able to disentangle himself from all the keech at ipox he became a real critic of the sectarian poison that oozes from that hole.
    It did not go down well with the knucklescrappers. I'm not sure many of them would welcome him back. Equally i'm not sure he'd want to go there again knowing what he knows.
    I think we are in a great position to offer him the job. And we should. We shouldnt go for the cheapest option, the manager is the most important person at the club, if that means spending a few bob more then so be it.
    He seems to be hands on with the training. His teams play attacking football. Can pick a player. Knows the league. Decent contacts. Speaks sense. Appears to be a good motivator.
    Sick of hearing guff about managers 'needing time'. BOLLAUX! Good managers can make an immediate impact with other people players.
    Good managers get a higher return on the sum of the individual parts. Currently its the other way at ER. Frankly its got to the point when i'd take a risk on Pat Butcher than watch the garbage we've been served for 3-4 seasons.

First Team Breakthrough
    I like Butcher's way of approaching games, 'our belief is we can go out & win the game'. That explains why ICT are progressing in the SPL.

Be surprised if he were to leave ICT at the moment for us. He's done a good job with a small club and can see the English clubs looking at him if he maintains his record and gets ICT to win a cup or qualify via league position for Europe.
    Last edited by Shields Hibee; 12-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    He loves living in Scotland,think we would move to Hibs and I would take him with open arms,think its to early for Ian Murray the now,and I would not say no. To McCall either,players would not want to be on the wrong end of Butcher if you put in the pathetic performances that we have done,

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    Dont see it myself, no real reason to leave caley. He's happy there, his team are playing well and if he gets that lot in Europe he'll get all sorts of plaudits and possibly a shot at a big team in England, top championship team or poss premier. It would be a big risk for him or previously successful manager.
    You may be right mate, but my point was that we ARE an attractive proposition to a manager. Ok, we have under acheived, but i think a lot of managers would see that as a challenge to their managerial skills? A successful hibs would attract a lot more attention than a successful ict, granted 'success' would be judged as different things for both clubs, but if the next manager gets us say top three and wins a cup, then he wouldnt be short of offers.

Ict to a top job is a harder route than hibs to a top job, if thats what that person is looking for?

First Team Regular
    You may be right mate, but my point was that we ARE an attractive proposition to a manager. Ok, we have under acheived, but i think a lot of managers would see that as a challenge to their managerial skills? A successful hibs would attract a lot more attention than a successful ict, granted 'success' would be judged as different things for both clubs, but if the next manager gets us say top three and wins a cup, then he wouldnt be short of offers.

Ict to a top job is a harder route than hibs to a top job, if thats what that person is looking for?
    100% butcher for me, non of this negative football pish

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar

That is true, a lot would possibly see it as a challenge but why would you take such a gamble? If your already getting offers from championship teams with far bigger budgets than ourselves. He already has a good formula at Caley and will get offers if he continues to do well this year. If he came here then there is every chance it wouldn't work out and he'd be where then? Failed hibs managers don't have a record of doing well. Media or coaching roles? Big gamble.

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    Terry loves the fish suppers in Inverness too much, I would rather have a SAUSAGE ROLL + A DREAM RING from Harry Gow's

First Team Breakthrough
    how do we know terry butcher would not take the hibs job, has he been asked,did he decline the offer,one thing im certain off,the search has started.hopefully we stay away from ex players this time.

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    That is true, a lot would possibly see it as a challenge but why would you take such a gamble? If your already getting offers from championship teams with far bigger budgets than ourselves. He already has a good formula at Caley and will get offers if he continues to do well this year. If he came here then there is every chance it wouldn't work out and he'd be where then? Failed hibs managers don't have a record of doing well. Media or coaching roles? Big gamble.
    Absolutely a gamble for him, but if it paid off, he would be in high regard. Suppose it depends his ambition as a manager, maybe his other interests away from football are more important? Re the championship job, it was barnsley who although they have a bigger budget than hibs, they dont in championship terms, hibs have a bigger budget in relative terms to the league they both play. Maybe barnsley didnt offer any chance of success? Maybe he didnt like the area? As i said before, he was quoted as saying he would probably leave ict at some point? I think the RIGHT offer would be attractive to him. Only my opinion though.

First Team Breakthrough MADE IN LEITH's Avatar
    Terry Butcher would be a great signing for us but frankly I cannot see us getting him at this moment in time.

Terry Butcher was my first choice before Fenlon signed but i was prepared to give him a chance. The FGF has now gone just go and get Butcher would lift the team and support and would bring the fans back through the turnstiles.

Terry Butcher is my choice and has been for the last couple of appointments.
    He turned down the move to Barnsley because he didn't fancy Barnsley. Edinburgh is a different proposition and it's not that far from Inverness to keep and eye on his business interests there. As neither of the old firm are on the cards for him Hibs is his best to progress his career.

And anyway Giovanni's in Northfield Broadway beats any chippie in Inverness.

EZ

More chance getting Pat Butcher!

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    I don't think we've got any chance of getting Butcher, I think he's holding out for the Rangers job if and when McCOist gets the bullet.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    More chance getting Pat Butcher!
    Or Terry Fenlon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eezyrider View Post
    Terry Butcher is my choice and has been for the last couple of appointments.
    He turned down the move to Barnsley because he didn't fancy Barnsley. Edinburgh is a different proposition and it's not that far from Inverness to keep and eye on his business interests there. As neither of the old firm are on the cards for him Hibs is his best to progress his career.

And anyway Giovanni's in Northfield Broadway beats any chippie in Inverness.

EZ
    Said that in post 21

Coaching Staff
    I don't think he's interested in a move away from ICT. He's there because it suits him to have a job in that part of the world, somewhere he loves to live. He won't be moving anywhere, I reckon.

Seems the fans want him now, according to the poll.
    I think he's the correct choice, but only if he really wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Would be great IMHO but I can't see it.
    I agree. I would love to see him at Hibs with the time required to overhaul the team. But he does seem very content at ICT, I don't think we could tempt him away. However it is a funny old game as they say, and you never know.

It's Terry...........

............according to Chick Young. He said on BBC Radio that Terry is the front runner. He says that Hibs are lookning for someone that will "unite the club".

Also, that Terry is up for the challenge, having had a conversation with Rod in the past when we were looking for a manager.

Thoughts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    ............according to Chick Young. He said on BBC Radio that Terry is the front runner. He says that Hibs are lookning for someone that will "unite the club".

Also, that Terry is up for the challenge, having had a conversation with Rod in the past when we were looking for a manager.

Thoughts!!!

Be delighted with this to be honest. I think Butcher would do a cracking job with the players we have.

Wogan?

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure to be honest. Record away from ICT not been great. Wouldn't mind looking a bit outside the usual names.

Thoughts!!!
    good manager has worked wonders up there so he'll do for me,although thought he would hang on for the rangers job

Overall his record is pretty poor, he hadn't really shone anywhere before ict, but the job he has done there is quite impressive (apart from getting them relegated). If he comes he would get my backing, if it isn't him Cest la vive

@hibs.net private member

Thoughts!!!
    So thats Butcher out then. Who does that leave?

Thoughts!!!
    Another Chick the Dick exclusive!

Brings to mind the banner headline in the Daily Record some years back claiming to exclusively reveal that Alan Kernaghan was the new Hibs manager. At the unveiling, Tony Mowbray walked into the room
    This is how it feels