hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good to see Thompson has started where he left off. How did Butcher stay on the park after an over the top tackle and a two footed lunge?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    United were away
    Ah well. We might have just been angry as opposed to raging then!

Cant say im excited about hibs chances this season but excited that football is back!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Cant say im excited about hibs chances this season but excited that football is back!
    I am going to counter your negativity with a positive post.

I think we will do well tbh. Very very disappointing result against Malmo but I think, with another CF and possibly a winger, we will push top 4.

More importantly I'm looking for a lot more consistency.

Onwards and upwards- GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Ive been fairly positive about our chances all summer, until the 7-0 drubbing.

With a couple of more signings confirmed though (and talk of another player coming in), I am quite excited to see how the team comes together. Its a bit of a pain that we cant have a full strength side out tomorrow, but we have enough guys available to put out a team that should at least be competitive, if not lacking a bit i creativity.

I dont get all this talk of Motherwell being vastly improved though, theyve lost nearly all of their players, and have a tiny squad - if they had they same injury/suspension problems as us, they probably wouldnt be able to field a full 11! Given that they have also played midweek, I reckon we have a chance, provided the team are set up properly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Ive been fairly positive about our chances all summer, until the 7-0 drubbing.

With a couple of more signings confirmed though (and talk of another player coming in), I am quite excited to see how the team comes together. Its a bit of a pain that we cant have a full strength side out tomorrow, but we have enough guys available to put out a team that should at least be competitive, if not lacking a bit i creativity.

I dont get all this talk of Motherwell being vastly improved though, theyve lost nearly all of their players, and have a tiny squad - if they had they same injury/suspension problems as us, they probably wouldnt be able to field a full 11! Given that they have also played midweek, I reckon we have a chance, provided the team are set up properly.
    Don't really see Motherwell being stronger than last season but some astute moves in the transfer market sees them almost as strong if not about the same. They will probably finish above us and many other teams though this does not mean they are unbeatable in a one off game. With confidence being so fragile, if they score first it could be a long game.

Excited to have my first season ticket.
    If Nelson can galvanise the defence and show how its done, and Collins is utilised in an effective system of attacking, and Fenlon uses the players we have to their strengths, I believe we will be top 6. But....

First Team Breakthrough
    Honestly can't remember being so uninterested about a new season. Malmo was superb but that was because of the company. I have lost faith in the manager for playing Stevenson at right back after he had been roasted away. Can't believe that he repeated the mistake at Easter Road. I will be there as always as its what my kids want to do as they have been brain washed by their dads passion. Truthfully, would rather be on the golf course and check out the result afterwards.

The football has been poor for too long and I go to big games these days hoping we do ourselves justice and don't completely capitulate. So hope that I am proved wrong but will be there as always, in hope now rather than expectation.

Last chance for Fenlon as the jury is most definitely out!!!! Been a proud hibby all my days but it is being put to the test big time, and apathy has replaced excitement. Coming up every week from London to watch the football on offer is becoming more difficult. Up until recently, I had never left a game early but Hearts, Falkirk and Dundee away ended that. So hope I am proved wrong. Doubt it though.. Should be so different as the league is not what it used to be and Motherwell are the best of the rest. Really??? We should be easily competing at that end of the table. The board have backed each manager but we have went steadily downhill since Collins.

Quality ground, quality training facilities, best supporters bar none, less than average team. Top 6 should not be a target for Hibs but a minimum requirement. Fear we have let better managers go. Still be singing on Sunday as its what I do but the marriage is going thru a difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The new season starts tonight!

Woo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Always liked Partick Thistle.

Anybody that resists the lure of the ugly sisters and supports them has my respect. Also 'Firhill for thrills' is one of those things that is just brilliant about Scottish football and we won the 1st division there albeit not against Partick.

Yeh .... this for me too.

Anyway, looking forward to the new season even after Hibs doing their best to batter any lingering optimism out of me last week.

C'mon the Hibees !!!

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 03-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Honestly can't remember being so uninterested about a new season. Malmo was superb but that was because of the company. I have lost faith in the manager for playing Stevenson at right back after he had been roasted away. Can't believe that he repeated the mistake at Easter Road. I will be there as always as its what my kids want to do as they have been brain washed by their dads passion. Truthfully, would rather be on the golf course and check out the result afterwards.

The football has been poor for too long and I go to big games these days hoping we do ourselves justice and don't completely capitulate. So hope that I am proved wrong but will be there as always, in hope now rather than expectation.

Last chance for Fenlon as the jury is most definitely out!!!! Been a proud hibby all my days but it is being put to the test big time, and apathy has replaced excitement. Coming up every week from London to watch the football on offer is becoming more difficult. Up until recently, I had never left a game early but Hearts, Falkirk and Dundee away ended that. So hope I am proved wrong. Doubt it though.. Should be so different as the league is not what it used to be and Motherwell are the best of the rest. Really??? We should be easily competing at that end of the table. The board have backed each manager but we have went steadily downhill since Collins.

Quality ground, quality training facilities, best supporters bar none, less than average team. Top 6 should not be a target for Hibs but a minimum requirement. Fear we have let better managers go. Still be singing on Sunday as its what I do but the marriage is going thru a difficult time.
    This.

First Team Breakthrough
    Completely agree with above.

I know I am a negative so an so, but it infuriates me that people somehow surmise we will finish top 4. Whilst I think we have some decent players, its a team game and we have no balance, organisation, leadership or tactical sophistication!

Always interested, less excited, not hopeful.

After watching the highlights I'm worried. I know it was only highlights but it looked as if the game was played at a speed we could only dream of reaching and the players showed commitment that we've been lacking. Hope we are up to the challenge. Still excited for tomorrow!!

Oh and Craig Thomson, this man gets paid actual money to ref games????

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Opening day of the season used to be really exciting but with only 2 games at 3pm on Saturday, one on the Friday night, one at tea time Saturday and 2 on the Sunday with ours being at 1.15pm (meaning I can't go incidentally due to shifts) it just doesn't have that special feel about it.

Beyond excited? eh, naw!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Update on the snooker, I won both games.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Best news of the season so far

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerman View Post
    Completely agree with above.

I know I am a negative so an so, but it infuriates me that people somehow surmise we will finish top 4. Whilst I think we have some decent players, its a team game and we have no balance, organisation, leadership or tactical sophistication!

Always interested, less excited, not hopeful.
    But apart from that everything is ticketyboo.

If that statement wasn't so perfectly true, it would be quite funny.

I'm excited. Even a double spread of Susan Boyle in the Mayfair would get me excited right now.

Seriously.....looking forward to tomorrow. Forget the Malmo game, that's history now.

GGTTH.

Woo hoo.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Of course, it's why I go to football matches.

I bet you are pish as well!
    Last edited by 3pm; 03-08-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Were your opponents still in their pre season?
    This is how it feels

Was excited but being in my last week of pregnancy has ruled me out of going tomorrow :-( so my season ticket wont be getting used and will have to watch it on tv instead.

Any boozers open before 12.30 ? Thanks

First Team Breakthrough
    I always look forward to the season starting as having no matches to go to for a few months soon gets boring.

Up at 6.30am, C'mon Hibs.
    Raining in Loanhead, hope it brightens up for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Not really, no. As Peejay also said, I've had that knocked out of me already with the Malmö games.

I realise it may turn out to be too negative a view but I'm already concerned about Sunday's game. If that's not too disastrous, and we beat Hearts, then maybe the excitement will re-appear.

.......and today, my dear friends, helps explain my view

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I bet you are pish as well!
    No i'm worse than that, made an 18 break in the first frame, and a 21 in the 2nd. Both games were never in doubt after those breaks, that tells you the standard i suppose.

Anyway, Football's back, isn't it great!

My excitement has been dulled a bit by today but I am looking forward to next Sunday for some reason...