hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Martin Scott signed for Livi (merged)

Any idea if Jimmy Scott went to Spain with the rest of the squad?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think he was told to go to France

No he was told to stay away from Hibs by Pat and nothing has changed. The club are currently trying to agree to pay him off.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he was told to stay away from Hibs by Pat and nothing has changed. The club are currently trying to agree to pay him off.
    So he's been sent to Coventry?

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    This guy has to go down as one of our worst signings in the last 5 years. It's not just his lack of talent, but the longevity of his contract as well.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    somebody at ER obviously trusted calderclowns(and most likely Derek Adams) judgement enough to allow one of the most lengthy contracts at ER EVER, hopefully callum booths lengthy contract doesn't come back to bite the culprit on the erky as well...c'mon, own up..who did it

how long was/is the contract? did we pay a fee?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    So he's been sent to Coventry?
    All I know is he's not going to MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    how long was/is the contract? did we pay a fee?
    According to Wikipedia, we paid £80,000 and signed him to a three and a half year contract. So he has another year on his contract.

Booth still has two years left.

Wotherspoon was on a 4 year deal so the is what was happening around the time.

We have the problem now of Harris, Forster and other potential fees of them leaving for nothing or just the development fee.

Not that long ago we'd have still got a 6 figure sum for the current DW I reckon.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    All I know is he's not going to MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    somebody at ER obviously trusted calderclowns(and most likely Derek Adams) judgement enough to allow one of the most lengthy contracts at ER EVER, hopefully callum booths lengthy contract doesn't come back to bite the culprit on the erky as well...c'mon, own up..who did it
    to be fair to whoever signed Booth on a 4 year contract, there were plenty people on here who were fretting that Celtic were going to pinch him and likening him to John Brownlie!!

I think Booth would make a useful left midfielder. Not sure he is good enough defensively to play left back though.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 04-07-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: quote fixing

So what exactly is it that Jimmy Scott did that deserves treatment like this from Hibs? Does anyone know the facts? Apart from deck a wee loudmouth that nearly snapped him in training? I didn't think he was that bad a player, and we've certainly had a hell of a lot worse in the last 4 or 5 years! Could have done with a wee bit of his fight in the last two cup finals.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    So what exactly is it that Jimmy Scott did that deserves treatment like this from Hibs? Does anyone know the facts? Apart from deck a wee loudmouth that nearly snapped him in training? I didn't think he was that bad a player, and we've certainly had a hell of a lot worse in the last 4 or 5 years! Could have done with a wee bit of his fight in the last two cup finals.
    From what I saw he didnt have one good game for us in the league. He broke Sean Welshs jaw did he not? Thats not the type of fight we either need or want around the club.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Who.

The guy was/is rank rotten, bet Petrie regrets not sacking him for the incident with the young lad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Scottish machine
    How old was Sean when jimmy attacked him?

He was shockingly bad. If you think he could've improved us in the cup finals you're clueless. Grade A ersehole on top of that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Who.

The guy was/is rank rotten, bet Petrie regrets not sacking him for the incident with the young lad.
    Off the top of my head -

Kuqi
    Kujabi
    Agogo
    O'Donovan
    Soares
    Trakys
    Thornhill
    Duffy
    Smith
    Keenan
    Pinau

and my personal favorite was O'Hanlon, who was the worst defender Ive ever seen (and not just at Hibs).

I dont think Scott was as bad as people are making out, he wasnt a good player and Im not sorry hes going, but he is nowhere near as bad as some of the shockers we have had playing for us every season since about 2007.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    He was shockingly bad. If you think he could've improved us in the cup finals you're clueless. Grade A ersehole on top of that.
    Really ? And you know this how ?

I know a couple of stories about Jimmy, not for a public forum, that would make him go up in most people's opinion - which showed me the boy put the club first despite being sent away. One particularly nasty incident after the Welsh saga. Unless you know him personally I would say you're bang off the mark with your opinion of him.

I'm also, I admit, someone who sees talent in the lad - his temperament lets him down, as does his over exuberance in games. He's just eager to please and this sometimes lets him down on the pitch. He's a good footballer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Really ? And you know this how ?

I know a couple of stories about Jimmy, not for a public forum, that would make him go up in most people's opinion - which showed me the boy put the club first despite being sent away. One particularly nasty incident after the Welsh saga. Unless you know him personally I would say you're bang off the mark with your opinion of him.

I'm also, I admit, someone who sees talent in the lad - his temperament lets him down, as does his over exuberance in games. He's just eager to please and this sometimes lets him down on the pitch. He's a good footballer in my opinion.
    Well on a purely footballing basis, the man is nowhere near good enough for us. He wasn't good enough when we brought him in and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. A magnificently average player at best.

Well on a purely footballing basis, the man is nowhere near good enough for us. He wasn't good enough when we brought him in and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. A magnificently average player at best.
    In the Ross County team that beat Celtc in that semi final there were a few players worth looking at.

Which makes it all the more mysterious that we endrd up with Jimmy ****ing Scott.

Magnificently average is being kind. I'd call him pish.

My lasting memory of him will be when he tried to stop the ball going out for a throw on the half way line and ended up hoofing out for a corner?!?!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Who.

Jimmy is the only subject we have ever disagreed on on .net SH (well, that and what is better, the walnut whip or Fry's five centre).

As to who was worse.......wow, that's a conundrum but I'd say Keenan, O'Hanlon, Matt Thornhill, Paddy Cregg.....there's been some real howlers at ER this last few years.

I'm not saying Jimmy Scott is a world beater in any sense - but the boy can play football. He sometimes reminds me of a red setter running after a ball in a park admittedly, but he has hunger and desire and in the right midfield, one with balance, he'd be a good team player. Anyone who had to play in a midfield with Thornhill and Palsson next to them realises quickly that they are doing the work of three IMHO.

He played a couple of LC games and a friendly against Boh's and he was allowed freedom to play. He was the best player on the pitch in all of the games albeit lesser opposition. He was then put in sparingly to the side and it showed on his confidence levels. But he never ever hid from wanting the ball, even when the games were going away from Hibs.

Like I say bud, he's the only subject we disagree on - oh and it's gotta be the Fry's 5 centre

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Jimmy is the only subject we have ever disagreed on on .net SH (well, that and what is better, the walnut whip or Fry's five centre).

As to who was worse.......wow, that's a conundrum but I'd say Keenan, O'Hanlon, Matt Thornhill, Paddy Cregg.....there's been some real howlers at ER this last few years.

I'm not saying Jimmy Scott is a world beater in any sense - but the boy can play football. He sometimes reminds me of a red setter running after a ball in a park admittedly, but he has hunger and desire and in the right midfield, one with balance, he'd be a good team player. Anyone who had to play in a midfield with Thornhill and Palsson next to them realises quickly that they are doing the work of three IMHO.

He played a couple of LC games and a friendly against Boh's and he was allowed freedom to play. He was the best player on the pitch in all of the games albeit lesser opposition. He was then put in sparingly to the side and it showed on his confidence levels. But he never ever hid from wanting the ball, even when the games were going away from Hibs.

Like I say bud, he's the only subject we disagree on - oh and it's gotta be the Fry's 5 centre
    I actually expected him to get a chance this season, I was speaking to a County player who said Fenlon rates JS but as ive said before he couldn't deal with him as a person, didn't help with the jaw break incident. I thought a year away then come back to a fresh slate would be the case, also the County player was also telling me hes a great lad, totally mad but great about the changing room with the guys. Personally I wouldn't mind him getting a second chance, lets see if he has improved and if he can offer something.

First Team Breakthrough
    canny be any worse than scott robertson who's been hugely disappointing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I do rate Martin Scott, if I recall correctly he had a bit of bite and running in him and also a wicked shot, think he scored a screamer in Ian Murray's testimonial.

If he could get consistency and work on his temperament then I think he could still be a player for us in all honesty, can't see him being on a big wage and would be a good squad player.

Truthfully I don't think he'll get the consistency or temperament though so he'll probably not play for us again.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

I thought he was ok. Definitely been worse players but also a lot better. Don't think he'd be a big loss. Unless he shows something I've not seen before then he'd be a squad player at best.

A lot of folk on here saying he's an ersehole etc. for those that have met him or are genuinely in the know then fair enough. Those who don't know should be quiet. IF he's a troublemaker then I don't think he's good enough to take the chance of keeping him. If not I'm not fussy either way.

I take it you know him then?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    In the Ross County team that beat Celtc in that semi final there were a few players worth looking at.

Which makes it all the more mysterious that we endrd up with Jimmy ****ing Scott.

Magnificently average is being kind. I'd call him pish.
    To be fair he did score the second goal.