hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can't bring myself to applaud that team onto the pitch against motherwell, hence I won't be there, for some reason this defeat has affected me more than the ibrox7 ever did or even the cup final which I got over quite quickly, will be a while before I can support this team again :(
    Why should the team and management get away with being so utterly pathetic? It's time we fans held them to account quite frankly. I hope that next Sunday, Fenlon (in particular) is left in no doubt that very very many of just want him to **** off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The team owes than fans some decent performances. Pumped vs Hearts, pumped in Europe, probably would have been pumped by more vs Celtic if they could have been arsed. That's 3 massive games in the last year that we've not performed in.

I'm not suggesting we all boo the team but if some people aren't totally up for it on Sunday then that's fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Why should the team and management get away with being so utterly pathetic? It's time we fans held them to account quite frankly. I hope that next Sunday, Fenlon (in particular) is left in no doubt that very very many of just want him to **** off.
    To be honest i'm not sure that having a go at the Motherwell game acheives anything.

I've been as critical of Fenlon and the team as anyone over the last few days but he isn't going to be sacked and won't resign, why would he this is the biggest job he will ever have. So once again it will be up to the 8 or 9k that attend the game to get behind the team.

Hopefully the team react positively on the park as opposed to the usual bold statements that mean very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    I hope anything like that is saved for after the game. With confidence already wrecked barracking the team and manager throughout the 90 minutes will achieve nothing. I won't be clapping them on but if they give us something to cheer about then I will react. I am hoping Fenlon won't get any hassle because he simply won't be there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    The team owes than fans some decent performances. Pumped vs Hearts, pumped in Europe, probably would have been pumped by more vs Celtic if they could have been arsed. That's 3 massive games in the last year that we've not performed in.

I'm not suggesting we all boo the team but if some people aren't totally up for it on Sunday then that's fair enough.
    Apparently it's unfair to judge him on those games alone.

TBH I wasn't aware that most posters were. They simply highlight the obvious disasters.
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or incapable of understanding the point.

To make it a little clearer, as you seem to be having difficulty: WE as fans DO turn up and give fantastic support but we're pig sick of doing so and being kicked in the baws by the team. It's time for THEM to start turning up!
    The impression was given that the fans turn up in numbers and keep being disappointed. That's not quite right. Those that went to Tynecastle were rewarded. Those that stayed at Hampden for the semi. The away cup game at Killie. The Dunfermline relegation game, the Scottisj cup semi last year as well. Quite a few games.

We are getting to these games though. Even if getting there has been disappointing in the end. Far worse is getting horsed regularly by poor to average teams. In that sense we have improved over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The impression was given that the fans turn up in numbers and keep being disappointed. That's not quite right. Those that went to Tynecastle were rewarded. Those that stayed at Hampden for the semi. The away cup game at Killie. The Dunfermline relegation game, the Scottisj cup semi last year as well. Quite a few games.

We are getting to these games though. Even if getting there has been disappointing in the end. Far worse is getting horsed regularly by poor to average teams. In that sense we have improved over the last couple of years.
    I wouldn't be highlighting a relegation decider as a reward to the fans. We shouldn't have been playing one in the first place.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I wouldn't be highlighting a relegation decider as a reward to the fans. We shouldn't have been playing one in the first place.
    That's where we were though. Fans turned up to back the team and the team turned up.

By the same token losing in cup finals should count as disappointments?

First Team Breakthrough
    Finding it hard to see any positives about our up and coming games

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I hope anything like that is saved for after the game. With confidence already wrecked barracking the team and manager throughout the 90 minutes will achieve nothing. I won't be clapping them on but if they give us something to cheer about then I will react. I am hoping Fenlon won't get any hassle because he simply won't be there.
    Of course! I wouldn't advocate booing the team while they're playing. That's just self-defeating. There's other ways of letting them know what we think and at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Spot on sir !

The fans can only do so much and have been brilliant (as acknowledged by the board and Fenlon).

By the way, some clowns on here are claiming that the same fans were to blame for wotherspoons dreadful performances. Laughable!
    I think we've been terrible since Wotherspoon left

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Spot on
    Oi, where did you come from? I've never noticed that user name before.

@hibs.net private member
    I was absolutely p155ed off on Thursday night and all weekend but I agree with the OP - the team need our backing.

I have never booed the players during any game as this does nowt but destroy confidence.

Yep I moan about certain performances on here but I have backed Pat and every other manager we have had.

To me it is the board and in particular RP that must shoulder the blame.

So yep despite my ire at the board and the continual kicks in the nuts we take as fans I will be giving the team my full backing as usual. Thats what fans do.

Hoping the team have the guts and are embarrassed into giving something back to the fans.

Allez Allez Allez Oh

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    The "Devil's Advocate" response would be that we, as fans, are nothing more than "customers" or a financial lifeline to the sustenance of the club.

Time to show us WHY we should continue to back a collective board, manager and group of players who have given f*** all back when it really matters.

People wouldn't continue to dine in a restaurant if the service/standard or food dropped yet the club expect us to rally like obliged sheep whenever they get knocked on their arse. How about giving us a reason to keep coming back and investing?
    Well said that man Agree 100%