hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: apology....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its just amazing that in this day in age that everyone has to have a label in scotland!...or described as something...or even better labelled something either because of their religious or political views or beliefs!
    You're confusing labeling with adjectives. He was Fat, he was a Tory (despite what your made-up friend/golf associate said, and he most certainly was a *******.

i have lived away scotland since 1986 now...thankfully! And also cannot understand constant dwelling or the hatred that comes out of scotland!, just one of the reasons scotland would never get on on itsown from the uk!.
    Really, you've lived away? I wasn't aware...
    As for constant dwelling on the hatred - erm, did the irony bypass cause you much discomfort? I am convinced that Scotland must have had it's evil way with your Wife/Mother/Sister and then never called back.

by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least
    (a) No it doesn't
    (b) He was brought up on a thread entirely within context

i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!
    You have a very literal interpretation of everything, don't you? I do enjoy your posts though, as your particular brand of rabid, mostly insane ex-pat unionism and ultra-conservatism combined with your truly outstanding use of ellipses and exclamation marks always makes me realise that as dark as things may get, I live thousands of miles away from a country where you feel at home.
    Last edited by Twa Cairpets; 28-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Its just amazing that in this day in age that everyone has to have a label in scotland!...or described as something...or even better labelled something either because of their religious or political views or beliefs!

i have lived away scotland since 1986 now...thankfully! And also cannot understand constant dwelling or the hatred that comes out of scotland!, just one of the reasons scotland would never get on on itsown from the uk!.

by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least, i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!
    I'd bet anything he was a Tory. Edinburgh's establishment club is full of them, and it's another reason to hate them
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least, i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!
    Apart from the time he organised a photo shoot with the Conservative party at Tynecastle. Roundly condemned by Hearts supporter groups. I think it was prior to 1992 general election.
    Last edited by Treadstone; 28-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

!

you've not been missed, scotland has thrived without you and in the words of the Del amitri 1998 world cup song..."don't come home too soon"

please

Ain't that the truth
    This is how it feels

One of your best posts yet. It's good to know that when things are at their bleakest we can count on you to demonstrate that you are still as mad as a box of frogs on acid.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Hardly the worst week in our history, sniff sniff.
    Name a worse one?

We just.got trounced 9-0 overal against a side that realistically we have a chance against!
    Barcelona,Real Madrid....teams like that you brush off 7-0.
    Not Malmo...its.disgusting!
    I agree completely with OP! If thats not embarrasment...then what is?

Disgusted with our performance,and shocked that since that night....theres not been anything from Hibs...though we have supposedly even payed money for a player since then!
    What is happening at Hibs....Are they on a long weekend or something?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Name a worse one?

We just.got trounced 9-0 overal against a side that realistically we have a chance against!
    Barcelona,Real Madrid....teams like that you brush off 7-0.
    Not Malmo...its.disgusting!
    I agree completely with OP! If thats not embarrasment...then what is?

Disgusted with our performance,and shocked that since that night....theres not been anything from Hibs...though we have supposedly even payed money for a player since then!
    What is happening at Hibs....Are they on a long weekend or something?
    Its the Hibs way

@hibs.net private member

Have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post
    You're confusing labeling with adjectives. He was Fat, he was a Tory (despite what your made-up friend/golf associate said, and he most certainly was a *******.

As for constant dwelling on the hatred - erm, did the irony bypass cause you much discomfort? I am convinced that Scotland must have had it's evil way with your Wife/Mother/Sister and then never called back.

(a) No it doesn't

You have a very literal interpretation of everything, don't you? I do enjoy your posts though, as your particular brand of rabid, mostly insane ex-pat unionism and ultra-conservatism combined with your truly outstanding use of ellipses and exclamation marks always makes me realise that as dark as things may get, I live thousands of miles away from a country where you feel at home.
    As the song goes at Tesco Superstore 2 weeks today W****ce M****r 6ft under. HHTHAH

To the op,get back to fash.rix/ thommo.com

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt.S.Earp View Post
    Well its Sunday after the worst week in Hibernian...history....still disgusted and embarrassed....feeling ashamed of a once great club...however we will hopefully fight our way back no doubt,but in truth the way football is going in Scotland and I'm now 62..."not in my lifetime"...but.......you would think these clowns at Easter Road...would have the courtesy...the manners...the thought for all the guys and gals who spend a lot of money supporting Hibs.and the youngsters who are tomorrows supporters..to apologise for what was a shocking display...to come out and give a public press conference....Fenlon,Farmer and Petrie...and some off the rest of these imposters down at Easter Road who keep hiding away....some form off explantion...not the guff that Fenlon comes out with.....we are not kids ...believe me this coming season is going to be shocker...hope I am wrong ...but the players ,the set up ,the manager,the boardroom.......its......not good.....
    I would agree with your post.

I think this was indeed the worst result in our history.

Unfortunately in my view - and it is evident on this thread and the Fenlon poll - you have to communicate the abject failure of the club to a new breed of supporter that has come to accept mediocrity as normal. Naturally this new generation of fan, is unaware of their acquiescence , merely turning up to the games out of habit - a la tartan army. We beat a Motherwell or Dundee UTD and it is deemed progress (from the pits of the bottom six). You get humiliated by your closest rival or set a new record low for Scottish football and folk on here are queuing up to ****uing rationalise it.

I think more highly of my club. Getting beat off our rival 1 5 in a cup final (even if they are cheats) is a sackable offence. The Malmo incident, was also a sackable offence.

Where did principle and pride go? I think there has been a slow demise in fan expectation. The bar is set so low now. It's almost as though some kind of anti pedigree culture has formed.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

(a) No it doesn't

Marvellous analysis TC, I have missed your contributions.

God bless you.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

One of your best posts yet. It's good to know that when things are at their bleakest we can count on you to demonstrate that you are still as mad as a box of frogs on acid.
    A snort out loud and having to explain myself to the inlaws moment there. I'm sure I provided a similar personal analysis of the psychological state of our friend from the Orient on another thread which was mysteriously removed...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    An aside.

Margo Macdonald tells a story about WM. He had been ill, and Margo saw him after a few months.

"My, Wallace, you've lost weight" she says.

"Aye, now I'm just a Tory *******"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I would agree with your post.

I think this was indeed the worst result in our history.

Unfortunately in my view - and it is evident on this thread and the Fenlon poll - you have to communicate the abject failure of the club to a new breed of supporter that has come to accept mediocrity as normal. Naturally this new generation of fan, is unaware of their acquiescence , merely turning up to the games out of habit - a la tartan army. We beat a Motherwell or Dundee UTD and it is deemed progress (from the pits of the bottom six). You get humiliated by your closest rival or set a new record low for Scottish football and folk on here are queuing up to ****uing rationalise it.

I think more highly of my club. Getting beat off our rival 1 5 in a cup final (even if they are cheats) is a sackable offence. The Malmo incident, was also a sackable offence.

Where did principle and pride go? I think there has been a slow demise in fan expectation. The bar is set so low now. It's almost as though some kind of anti pedigree culture has formed.
    We seemed to lose our pride along time ago and accepted mediocrity very quickly.

I just cannot belive there has not been anything come out of Hibs since that ridicule.

We definately need a change of direction now...I dont want bottom 6! The budget we have to play with....bottom 6 in the spl is ridiculous really! Considering we probably have 2nd....4th highest budget.

If nothing does changes between now and then...If we end up bottom 6. Drastic action needs to happen!

I like Pat Fenlon....but its glaringly obvious,we are a real soft touch! We dont have a backbone!
    Sometimes I wish we hadnt recovered against Falkirk....but at the same time I like Fenlon,and wish him tobe a success!

The life of being a Hibee....Its ****ing horrible at times!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

(a) No it doesn't

See if every thread had as much punctuation pedantry as this one, I'd be like a pig in s***.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    See if every thread had as much punctuation pedantry as this one, I'd be like a pig in s***.
    Well, to warm your porcine effluent further I'd suggest your own sentence should not have started with 'see'...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    We seemed to lose our pride along time ago and accepted mediocrity very quickly.

I just cannot belive there has not been anything come out of Hibs since that ridicule.

We definately need a change of direction now...I dont want bottom 6! The budget we have to play with....bottom 6 in the spl is ridiculous really! Considering we probably have 2nd....4th highest budget.

If nothing does changes between now and then...If we end up bottom 6. Drastic action needs to happen!

I like Pat Fenlon....but its glaringly obvious,we are a real soft touch! We dont have a backbone!
    Sometimes I wish we hadnt recovered against Falkirk....but at the same time I like Fenlon,and wish him tobe a success!

The life of being a Hibee....Its ****ing horrible at times!
    Agree entirely.

It is rational to expect a club of our stature to average out at 4th / 5th in the top flight.

I also like Fenlon and met him once in my local. But, I like Hibernian Football club far more.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Well, to warm your porcine effluent further I'd suggest your own sentence should not have started with 'see'...
    That wouldn't be punctuation, though, would it?

I was being colloquial. Punctuationally perfect, but colloquial. Nice ellipsis, likesay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt.S.Earp View Post
    sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted...

Buddy, I agree with your post 100%. I also question the silence surrounding ER. Still in shock...Maybe even Mr Petrie is shocked and utterly lost for words..Maybe he is seeking advice from others before making an announcement! Who knows!
    Last edited by Mikey; 28-07-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Gamer IDs

That wouldn't be punctuation, though, would it?

I was being colloquial. Punctuationally perfect, but colloquial. Nice ellipsis, likesay.
    I think we are into syntaxually shark infested waters here. The structural membrane between punctuation, grammar and syntax is a thin, intricate and delicate one. Your use of 'See' at the start of the sentence tore that membrane a new jacksie.

I think we are into syntaxually shark infested waters here. The structural membrane between punctuation, grammar and syntax is a thin, intricate and delicate one. Your use of 'See' at the start of the sentence tore that membrane a new jacksie.
    Through the looking glass here........where apparently...it's entirely acceptable......to write rambling...s***e.....in this off-putting and frankly lamentable...style.

Gamer IDs

Through the looking glass here........where apparently...it's entirely acceptable......to write rambling...s***e.....in this off-putting and frankly lamentable...style.

Certainly through the looking glass was all about drugs so that could explain a lot.

Yes....can't breathe......Union hating mutants closing in.......must type cobblers.......lived here ages you know.....Maggie wasn't a Tory either.....4 legs good, two legs better....or something.....

I think we'd miss him if he was gone.

Certainly through the looking glass was all about drugs so that could explain a lot.

Yes....can't breathe......Union hating mutants closing in.......must type cobblers.......lived here ages you know.....Maggie wasn't a Tory either.....4 legs good, two legs better....or something.....

................................four legs good, but no legs best.............................................. .......................................

Has he made a success of his life I wonder? Long time since I heard the phrase "Made in Hong Kong"
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by HFC07 View Post
    I agree, there should of been something said or at least a statement of how they intend to turn this around.
    I agree, the fans deserve an apology after being made to suffer that embarrassment on thursday night, once again the team badly badly let us down. However, actions speak louder than words, its very easy for them to come out saying "sorry, we will work very hard and improve" etc etc. I want them to prove it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Obviously it's not the worst week in our history. But it certainly comes close to feeling that way at the moment!

One thing that baffles me about our support is that the anger and fury we feel after yet again being dealt a low blow, seems to subside after only a few days.

The apathy is becoming more and more prominent within our fan base. People just don't seem that bothered anymore, as if we're beginning to accept this as the new norm at the club.

We don't do enough as a support to show our disgust. With the exception of a round bout of boo's after each game, I fail to see what we do to show that we won't put up with these shan performances anymore.

It's been dragging on for far too long. We say that the silence from the people who run the club is deafening. But the same could be said about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Obviously it's not the worst week in our history. But it certainly comes close to feeling that way at the moment!

One thing that baffles me about our support is that the anger and fury we feel after yet again being dealt a low blow, seems to subside after only a few days.

The apathy is becoming more and more prominent within our fan base. People just don't seem that bothered anymore, as if we're beginning to accept this as the new norm at the club.

We don't do enough as a support to show our disgust. With the exception of a round bout of boo's after each game, I fail to see what we do to show that we won't put up with these shan performances anymore.

It's been dragging on for far too long. We say that the silence from the people who run the club is deafening. But the same could be said about us.
    So what would you have us do?

(Genuine question.)

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    So what would you have us do?

(Genuine question.)
    Me? I'd ban all the fans who answer questions with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Me? I'd ban all the fans who answer questions with questions.
    Would you?