hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: apology....

apology....

Well its Sunday after the worst week in Hibernian...history....still disgusted and embarrassed....feeling ashamed of a once great club...however we will hopefully fight our way back no doubt,but in truth the way football is going in Scotland and I'm now 62..."not in my lifetime"...but.......you would think these clowns at Easter Road...would have the courtesy...the manners...the thought for all the guys and gals who spend a lot of money supporting Hibs.and the youngsters who are tomorrows supporters..to apologise for what was a shocking display...to come out and give a public press conference....Fenlon,Farmer and Petrie...and some off the rest of these imposters down at Easter Road who keep hiding away....some form off explantion...not the guff that Fenlon comes out with.....we are not kids ...believe me this coming season is going to be shocker...hope I am wrong ...but the players ,the set up ,the manager,the boardroom.......its......not good.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Hardly the worst week in our history, sniff sniff.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It is disgraceful that nothing has been said since Thursday night tho...in fact the silence is deafening???

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt.S.Earp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...hope I am wrong .......
    No you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    It is disgraceful that nothing has been said since Thursday night tho...in fact the silence is deafening???
    I agree, there should of been something said or at least a statement of how they intend to turn this around.

Well its Sunday after the worst week in Hibernian...history....still disgusted and embarrassed....feeling ashamed of a once great club...however we will hopefully fight our way back no doubt,but in truth the way football is going in Scotland and I'm now 62..."not in my lifetime"...but.......you would think these clowns at Easter Road...would have the courtesy...the manners...the thought for all the guys and gals who spend a lot of money supporting Hibs.and the youngsters who are tomorrows supporters..to apologise for what was a shocking display...to come out and give a public press conference....Fenlon,Farmer and Petrie...and some off the rest of these imposters down at Easter Road who keep hiding away....some form off explantion...not the guff that Fenlon comes out with.....we are not kids ...believe me this coming season is going to be shocker...hope I am wrong ...but the players ,the set up ,the manager,the boardroom.......its......not good.....
    IMHO, the worst week to be a Hibs fan was when a certain fat Tory tried to kill our club

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Keep it in perspective Mr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23460294
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    The opening post is a bit dramatic but I agree with the general point, it is very odd the club have been so quiet. Id have expected some response from them (beyond the match report that doesnt really give any opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    People (don't) hear what they want.

No matter what is said in an Official club statement it will get ripped to pieces. I am not really interested in hearing any platitudes released as a press statement. Let's see what action is taken.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It's not for the board to comment on football matters and I'd be very surprised to hear any club's Chairman do so.

Apart of Vlad, of course, but his influence extended to picking the team.

Far from the worst week in our history.
    The shock of our worst scoreline (numbers wise) and a single awful performance
    in front of a huge crowd has whacked us all.
    More so because no one expected it.
    Everyone has reacted.It's natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    People (don't) hear what they want.
    Mikey - what are your thoughts on whether Fenlon should stay or go ?

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    If you put it all in context it is the worst week we have had -

We know we have been going backwards for years but this week proved how far back we have gone. There was no football on show, no passion, not one player on that park could even come close to getting in a previous Hibs team that's what makes it the worst we have ever had, our squad is full of proven failures.

The manager, board and fans are part of a club that is at the lowest we have ever been, what's to be done first I would get some experienced journeyman players in to help the youngsters and then see if that provides a platform with which we can build from, but it's a long way up........If we don't then God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Mikey - what are your thoughts on whether Fenlon should stay or go ?
    I'd give him the first half a dozen games of the season and see where we are.

Did we not die on 19/05/2012? Couldn't possibly have just had our worse week in history, unless the pink ones have not been liquidated yet.
    GGTTH

sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted....supported Hibs since I can remember.!!!....it seems like no one at Easter Road cares....no kidding...this is serious......we are facing into an "ABYSS".......another season where we scrape through....falling numbers .....as a Saturday outing its expensive and its ****................have to say...he can be a blether...but Graham Spiers's...piece in yesterdays Herald...sums it up....for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'd give him the first half a dozen games of the season and see where we are.
    My worry with that is that we will likely be down near the bottom of the league by then. A new manager would be limited in what he could do re bringing in new players.

I honestly can't see us improving under Fenlon (boo hoo smiley if I had one on my phone).

Sigh.

It always is...it's the "Hibs way" so we are told.

yip....but its wrong...oooh so wrong.....

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I reckon there will be some kind of statement this week from the club in anticipation of the start of the season which will may mention the disappointment of last week.

@hibs.net private member
    Not the worst week in our history but as poor a performance as I've seen by any team (not just Hibs) in a long, long time - and I was watching Tahiti vs. Spain not that long ago!

I think another poster has said it right, I want action, not words. I didn't even read all of Fenlon's statement after the game, started it then realised it was going to be the same stuff that was said after the 1-5 game ie. nothing that would make a shred of difference about how gutted I felt.

I want Fenlon to go and still feel that he wont be our manager for long. Realistically though except sacking him, no statement by the board would make a difference. The dust has settled and it looks like he wont be going immediately, I'm expecting him to be given a few games. My only concern now is that the team needs new blood - we either need to sack him now or make a call, let him spend any remaining money in the budget and hope that another couple of signings can help.

After Thursday I was dreading the start of the season, now I'm almost looking forward to the Motherwell game, partly to see the reaction we will get. Another poor showing and he must be gone.

A little of topic but any official news on Collins? Anyone know why its taken so long, most in the know folk on here and papers are certain he has signed, for me now would be the perfect time to lift spirits by announcing a new striker.

sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted....supported Hibs since I can remember.!!!....it seems like no one at Easter Road cares....no kidding...this is serious......we are facing into an "ABYSS".......another season where we scrape through....falling numbers .....as a Saturday outing its expensive and its ****................have to say...he can be a blether...but Graham Spiers's...piece in yesterdays Herald...sums it up....for me....
    You yams always give yourself away with absolutely horrific, seemingly made-up, punctuation.

Talk about over reaction. Staring into an abyss? Look across the city. We have a squad that will be top 6 come May

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    A statement really isn't needed, in written form at least. Only way to move on from the mess of this week is to perform on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    My worry with that is that we will likely be down near the bottom of the league by then. A new manager would be limited in what he could do re bringing in new players.

I honestly can't see us improving under Fenlon (boo hoo smiley if I had one on my phone).

Sigh.
    I'm not convinced, I think we've got a decent SPL team.

Here's what I think will happen (not to be mixed up with what I want to happen)...........

Top 4 finish, 1 or more trips to Hampden but no silverware, the manager will see out the season but not be offered a new contract.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    You yams always give yourself away with absolutely horrific, seemingly made-up, punctuation.
    No idea if he's a yam or not, but an apology should definitely be issued for the disgraceful abuse of ellipses.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post