hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point is that Fenlon hasn't even left yet nor will he anytime soon and 1 defeat and disgraceful one at that but we seem to have a new guy lined up already! Some people need a dose of reality me thinks. We were poor last night i accept that but we are nowhere near an execution squad for Fenlon just yet!
    You obviously have not been reading some of these threads, IMO we're very close to getting rid of Fenlon and rightly so.

If he somehow manages to survive last nights farce then it's only a matter of time, the majority of the fans & it looks like the players have lost any faith in him and I can't see him recovering from this.

We will surely soon be looking for a new manager and could do a lot worse than either Butcher or McCall, not saying we'll get either of them as don't know their contract situations or desire for the job but couldn't see either being worse than Fenlon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post

Something far far wrong at Hibs and I don't blame anyone for wanting to stay well clear of it.

Only IMO of course
    I'm not singling you out but this is a line often repeated on this board, usually after the latest manager has failed. What is it that is wrong ? Personally I think we just keep appointing the wrong managers......

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    An up and coming foreigner from the Dutch/German/scandinavian leagues please. Someone who wants to play football the right way, and knows how to set a team up properly.
    I'm definitely of the opinion that this is the way to go.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post
    16,000 that are not coming back anytime soon. Both have turned down more appealing/better offers and clubs with as good potential as Hibs. What makes us so special?
    Don't think the Sheffield Utd gig is better than us, they're not awash with cash, English lower leagues currently and if I remember correctly McCall said he'd asked for certain assurances that weren't forthcoming.

Think Butcher is happy north of the border and convinced he'd jump at Hibs, only my opinion mind.

Irrelevant anyway, wee Pat's staying, he's taken us to consecutive cup finals, extra income and plenty brownie points from Rod.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm definitely of the opinion that this is the way to go.
    Or a mental south American that'll bring in exciting but errattic players with good names.

I'm still of the opinion fenlon can turn it around but if he doesn't and he leaves I want someone exciting, terry butcher or Stuart McCall need not apply.

Coaching Staff
    Definitely think that Hartley will, in the relatively near future, be seen to be an excellent manager. I'd take him on his way to something else.

Don't care who future managers are: former OF, Jambos or whatever. As long as they are good and instill a bit of much lacking grit in our performances.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Definitely think that Hartley will, in the relatively near future, be seen to be an excellent manager. I'd take him on his way to something else.

Don't care who future managers are: former OF, Jambos or whatever. As long as they are good and instill a bit of much lacking grit in our performances.
    Sorry i'd rather eat my own sheite that have that prick anywhere near my club.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Ian Murray?
    Surprised there's no' been a tsunami of fans crying for him to be the new messiah, seriously.
    Still time tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Surprised there's no' been a tsunami of fans crying for him to be the new messiah, seriously.
    Still time tho'.
    Forget the next Manager Bull****. Who is next to board the looser train?? We need to change our mentality and reach out and grab our inheritance. Get 11 Radge's on the field that scare the opposition witless that they will break their ankles if they so much as look a the ball! Get a production line of them (since many will be banned) and one silky player in the middle of the park. There is your bloody plan.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Forget the next Manager Bull****. Who is next to board the looser train?? We need to change our mentality and reach out and grab our inheritance. Get 11 Radge's on the field that scare the opposition witless that they will break their ankles if they so much as look a the ball! Get a production line of them (since many will be banned) and one silky player in the middle of the park. There is your bloody plan.
    And many a man (myself included) would pay good money to watch us chase Celtic or the Jambos round the park scared witless!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Sorry i'd rather eat my own sheite that have that prick anywhere near my club.
    He's already been...

Yeah, that`s the way to go. Let`s no bother trying to put a team together that can pass it forward, find and make space, play with direction and purpose or, dare i say, try and emulate the outfit that utterly destroyed us last night. Naw, lets just get a load of talentless cloggers together and " break their ankles ".......dearie ****ing me..

Quote Originally Posted by SurferRosa View Post
    Yeah, that`s the way to go. Let`s no bother trying to put a team together that can pass it forward, find and make space, play with direction and purpose or, dare i say, try and emulate the outfit that utterly destroyed us last night. Naw, lets just get a load of talentless cloggers together and " break their ankles ".......dearie ****ing me..
    trying to play too much football without the players is what is getting us done again, and again and again.... or haven't you being following hibs recently?

No thanks.

trying to play too much football without the players is what is getting us done again, and again and again.... or haven't you being following hibs recently?
    Trying to play too much football?? Kicking the ball about aimlessly backwards and sideways before giving it to Williams to hoof up the field is trying to play football?? I`m suggesting we put a team together to pass and move the ball with pace, a purpose and a plan..........your suggestion is to field a team of animals to injure the opposition. I know what i`d rather to pay to see.....

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    No butcher or mccall plz rather hav pat tbh

Trying to play too much football?? Kicking the ball about aimlessly backwards and sideways before giving it to Williams to hoof up the field is trying to play football?? I`m suggesting we put a team together to pass and move the ball with pace, a purpose and a plan..........your suggestion is to field a team of animals to injure the opposition. I know what i`d rather to pay to see.....
    I think it is a bit harsh to call my team animals, if we had 3 or 4 of these so called animals in the team this week I can assure you it would not have been 0-7.

Coaching Staff

The ball is round, it's meant to roll.

The ball is round, it's meant to roll.
    Not into the back of my net sunny-boy!

Coaching Staff
    Not into the back of my net sunny-boy!
    Nope but kicking people off the park isn't football. Unless you're hoping to emulate Uruguay circa 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Or a mental south American that'll bring in exciting but errattic players with good names.

I'm still of the opinion fenlon can turn it around but if he doesn't and he leaves I want someone exciting, terry butcher or Stuart McCall need not apply.
    Marcelo Bielsa for me. An absolute maniac of a man whom is probably daft enough to accept the challenge. One of the greatest managers in my lifetime. Unrealistic probably but this man is crackers, doesn't need money, is out of work and loves the game.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    Marcelo Bielsa for me. An absolute maniac of a man whom is probably daft enough to accept the challenge. One of the greatest managers in my lifetime. Unrealistic probably but this man is crackers, doesn't need money, is out of work and loves the game.
    Someone like that but I cannot see them fitting into the staid golf-club like, hierarchical, limited corporate blazer mentality you're likely to find at the club.

Steve Kean

Left by mutual consent!
    Next manager Top 3 please no excuses.

If Middlesbrough get off to a poor start, Mowbray will be available soon (5-1 on first Championship Manager to be sacked at the mo)...?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ionahibby;3690862]My point is that Fenlon hasn't even left yet nor will he anytime soon and 1 defeat and disgraceful one at that but we seem to have a new guy lined up already! Some people need a dose of reality me thinks. We were poor last night i accept that but we are nowhere near an execution squad for Fenlon just yet![/QUOTE]

Sorry, disagree.............. Fire!

First Team Breakthrough

For the most part I don't care if one of our future managers was to be a Jambo but the thought of seeing that greasy wee rat wearing the hibs badge and representing our club gives me the boke.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Lantern View Post
    For the most part I don't care if one of our future managers was to be a Jambo but the thought of seeing that greasy wee rat wearing the hibs badge and representing our club gives me the boke.
    I despise him, that being said he has done a great job with Alloa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Ian Murray?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I didn't agree with BH (bit of that going on today ) when he suggested we scrap the youth set-up and sign non-British players but I'm with him on appointing a contintental manager. We are or at least were known as a club of firsts and while it wouldn't actually be a first appointing a manager from say Holland it would show some innovative thinking rather than the same old names being trotted out. I'd even settle for another transitional period if the new man had us playing football in an entertaining way, he signed players that are athletic, who have good control and who look to pass the ball to their team mates, not hoof it up to them at chest height.