hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Next manager?

Assuming Pat does the honourable thing and resign today who would you like to see in the hotseat?

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    No idea... I'd be tempted to go for Steve Lomas who seems to know how to set out a team.

Apart from that, anyone we've not had before. Not Kenny Shiels. If Ian Murray had more time as a manager under his belt, Id be tempted. I wouldn't be against giving Paul Hartley a call.

Despite a number of people wringing their hands, I still think Hibs are capable of attracting a good manager.

Apart from that, a Scandinavian/Dutch manager might be worth a shout.
    Last edited by steakbake; 26-07-2013 at 07:04 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    I wouldn't be against giving Hartley a call either, but after firing off vitriolic personal abuse at the rat bag I'd swiftly hang up.

well no more second raters.....Fenlon was never a good choice ,very lower league.....Calderwood and Hughes......both a joke ,made us a laughing stock.....in truth the state Scottish football is in......who wants the job....!!?

@hibs.net private member
    Fenlon will still be manager for the start of the season.

Fenlon won't resign and he'll still be manger at Xmas. Can't afford to get rid of him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fenlon won't resign and he'll still be manger at Xmas. Can't afford to get rid of him.
    Can we really afford to keep him?

@hibs.net private member
    I don't want PF to go but if he walks then I would go for Jimmy Calderwood. He archives results in the SPL. Yes I know his football is boring and he is a knob. But at least he knows the the league. No way should Hibs ever consider Hartley that would an insult to far for me. Fanciful to think Lomas would leave Millwall for Hibs after just going there. But as always Hibs have managed to lose the support and the league season has not started

Calderwood? No

Hartley? Nae chance!

Shiels? Stoap it!

We need a motivator and a decent tactician that isn't afraid to make changes when needed.

Really no idea to be honest but wouldn't be against a foreign manager.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Can we really afford to keep him?
    As long as we're not in the bottom 2 then yes! That seems to be our aim nowadays. Last season was seen as a success by some sections. Fenlon has been out his depth since he signed this is nothing new!

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    No idea... I'd be tempted to go for Steve Lomas who seems to know how to set out a team.

Apart from that, anyone we've not had before. Not Kenny Shiels. If Ian Murray had more time as a manager under his belt, Id be tempted. I wouldn't be against giving Paul Hartley a call.

Despite a number of people wringing their hands, I still think Hibs are capable of attracting a good manager.

Apart from that, a Scandinavian/Dutch manager might be worth a shout.
    No way Lomas would leave the Championship for us

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Butcher, McCall or Adams. All these guys get the best out of average players which we have in abundance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Terry Butcher.....does not even have a shoestring to work with and has worked wonders up north.

Ian Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I don't want PF to go but if he walks then I would go for Jimmy Calderwood. He archives results in the SPL. Yes I know his football is boring and he is a knob. But at least he knows the the league. No way should Hibs ever consider Hartley that would an insult to far for me. Fanciful to think Lomas would leave Millwall for Hibs after just going there. But as always Hibs have managed to lose the support and the league season has not started
    The Aberdeen team we pipped to 3rd played some good stuff. A game when they beat us 2-1 at ER towards the end of that season was a great game of attacking football.

I'm absolutely not against Calderwood getting the job but would be tempted to look abroad possibly to Scandanavia or Easter Europe.

First Team Breakthrough
    Terry Butcher for me, I think the squad is good enough pat just doesn't seem to be able to get them playing... players that we slate or dnt look good seem to leave and find form others that look good for other teams come to hibs and look bad, take Craig, Vine and Spoony for example

PF's position is untenable. Go. and go NOW!
    If Sheils, Calderwood or Hartley are the best we can do the we'd be as well just closing the ****** gates.
    Butcher or McCall would be the best shouts of the names mentioned above, but i still think there must be better options.
    Last edited by sadtom; 26-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.

McCall for me, without the benefits of having a selection process, otherwise Phil Brown from Southend.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I don't think he'll go any time soon. Petrie won't sack him and I just can't seem him walking away. Derek Adams would sort us out but I don't think he'd come back. Butcher as well. I just wouldn't trust the board to pick tbh, they've not got it right for years.

Would the Malmo manager fancy trying Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Would the Malmo manager fancy trying Scotland?
    Only if he brings his team

Must be Butcher. Horrible hun but hard as nails. Wouldn't take any ****. Would steady the ship

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    If the vacancy comes up, my ideal choice would be Adams, but I have serious doubts as to whether he would come, which says a hell of a lot.

McCall would be great but no way on earth would he come.

Can't see Butcher leaving the life he has in Inverness for ER.

I may well be wrong of course, but it's a very sad day when you can't imagine the respective managers of Ross County, ICT and Motherwell jumping at the chance to manage Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Go for a foreigner. German, Dutch or scadanavian. Get someone in who knows how to play the kind of football that Malmo were playing last night.

Fenlon would have gone had we lost thd semi final v Falkirk. He has been at the helm for a number of humiliating results, after last night a lot of fans will not turn up to watch another season of transition?! Im not sure who would take this job on..it needs to be an experienced coach...shiels seems to be anle to get some decent players on a tght budget...I like Ian Murray but think this will be too esrly in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Assuming Pat does the honourable thing and resign today who would you like to see in the hotseat?

Thoughts?
    I think pat has to go but when are we all going to turn to the board and tell them to go !!!!!
    its them that keep appointing managers that simply are NOT good enough to be in charge of Hibernian football club

PF's position is untenable. Go. and go NOW!
    If Sheils, Calderwood or Hartley are the best we can do the we'd be as well just closing the ****** gates.
    Butcher would be the best shout of the names mentioned above, but i still think there must be better options.

John Collins.

Never in a million years would he have allowed such a gutless performance as last night's, at least we had plenty of spirit and passion when he was in charge.

Get Bobby Gould in now, he's wasted on Talksport

Seriously I'd have McLeish back if not we really need to go with someone with experience at a far higher level than Ireland or even English league 1 or 2

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Go for a foreigner. German, Dutch or scadanavian. Get someone in who knows how to play the kind of football that Malmo were playing last night.
    Last night watching Malmo reminded me of watching the Tornados every time they went forward you expected them to score, that's what I want to see from Hibs, pace movement and GOAL THREAT!!
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.