hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Scònaldò's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you think he was any better at LB?
    Did Mullen get a knock?

If not, surely a straight swap Stevenson off for McGivern would have sufficed?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Lewis Stevenson IS GARBAGE.

He was actually worse in the first half at left back. He epitomises what is wrong at the club. We actually had a few passing movements in the second half due to McGivern's willingness to sprint out of defence and get us up the park. This never happened once in the first half because Stevenson is the most negative player i have ever seen in my life.

He's another who should go with the manager and chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Are you blaming Pat or Lewis ? ..Stevenson whilst not brilliant didn't do too badly overall ..how about putting the boot into the two hibs players on the LEFT who were ripped apart allowing the yam to send in a cross that Nelson was nowhere near ..
    I've tried to make two points at once.
    1) It is unbelievable to me that Pat would play him at RB after his performances there recently. He doesn't learn. He must go.
    2) Stevenson is not good enough. Whether on his natural position or this daft one he is forced to play.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You are right, but it still does not make it right, and it still will never work.

If I owned a cat it would have got booted when Fenlon made that change. Take off a natural right sided defender and stick Lewis over on the right when we've seen time and time again that he's not up to it there. Ironically the goal came down the left hand side but that shouldn't detract from the fact that it was a baffling decision to make. We've got Mullen and Maybury at the club who are right backs. The Pat Fenlon position lottery strikes again.

No blame attached to Lewis, though, he can only play where he's told to.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sconaldo View Post
    Did Mullen get a knock?

If not, surely a straight swap Stevenson off for McGivern would have sufficed?
    mate of mine seemed to think it was because Mullen was already booked. Surely not worth such a reshuffle at only HT if this was the case

I've tried to make two points at once.
    1) It is unbelievable to me that Pat would play him at RB after his performances there recently. He doesn't learn. He must go.
    2) Stevenson is not good enough. Whether on his natural position or this daft one he is forced to play.
    Oh right ..apologies ..so you are just starting at Lewis then going through the rest of the team, ye know, Craig on the left, Vine on the right etc .. ..

Quote Originally Posted by OrdHibby View Post

He was actually worse in the first half at left back. He epitomises what is wrong at the club. We actually had a few passing movements in the second half due to McGivern's willingness to sprint out of defence and get us up the park. This never happened once in the first half because Stevenson is the most negative player i have ever seen in my life.

I hope that i the morning - I assume when the alcohol has worn off - you are embarrassed by the stupidity of your post. LS has never been garbage - simply an east target for drama queens like you. Had he left us in the summer he would still be playing in the top division just like David Wotherspoon is.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    On that showing theres more players than stevenson should be shown the door.

McGivern was decent when he came on, he should have started

Its like PF is taking the piss out of us. "Bet you thought I wouldn't do this again!!!"

@hibs.net private member
    Pat simply does not, will not learn. It beggars belief for me. Particularly on the back of both Malmo games. Lewis does not get a new contract, he's had well well more than a fair crack of the whip

The boy is and has always been murder - with a 1 game exception.

He epitomises the level that at least 30% of hibs fans have come to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I hope that i the morning - I assume when the alcohol has worn off - you are embarrassed by the stupidity of your post. LS has never been garbage - simply an east target for drama queens like you. Had he left us in the summer he would still be playing in the top division just like David Wotherspoon is.
    He offers very very little

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Is that you Lewis ?

He's bad but so are the rest of them

Totally agree with this. OTJ was dreadful and looks like a dud even amongst our other duds, but Stevenson was IMHO Hearts MOTM and epitomises EVERYTHING that is wrong at Hibs - crap, negative, apologetic (for every mistake), self deprecating, loser mentality, accommodated. His non-performance and whole approach to the game in the first half was an embarrassment to the Hibs jersey and he should go with Fenlon & Petrie.

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson is one of our better players. If he isn't good enough then that applies to most of the current squad

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Is that you Lewis ?
    Not at all - just tired of the usual Lewis bashing. Our problems lie elsewhere...

First Team Breakthrough

I'm stone cold sober. I know Hibs turn many to drink but i got out before i ended up in the Andrew Duncan. Stevenson is garbage and its time folk stopped accepting mediocre crap like this. He can't even take a throw in. He gives 100% every game but its 100%
    Last edited by MSK; 11-08-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Swear filter is there for a reason

I'm stone cold sober. I know Hibs turn many to drink but i got out before i ended up in the Andrew Duncan. Stevenson is garbage and its time folk stopped accepting mediocre crap like this. He can't even take a throw in. He gives 100% every game but its 100%
    Does he honestly deserve this abuse ..ffs ..he wasn't the worst player on the park today was he !! have a ****ing word wi yersel ..

First Team Breakthrough
    Does he honestly deserve this abuse ..ffs ..he wasn't the worst player on the park today was he !! have a ****ing word wi yersel ..
    He was his usual self.....GARBAGE. Sorry but i didn't start this thread but i do feel the need to reply. Looks like i'm not the only one who see's the light. Take the 2007 cup final glasses off

He was his usual self.....GARBAGE. Sorry but i didn't start this thread but i do feel the need to reply. Looks like i'm not the only one who see's the light. Take the 2007 cup final glasses off
    A few hibs players were garbage today, Lewis didn't do too much wrong, plenty effort from him, more than can be said for others ..but hey ..its the norm for Lewis tae get the boot on here..crack on if it gies ye cheap thrills ..
    Last edited by MSK; 11-08-2013 at 03:07 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    10 hibs players were garbage today ..but hey ..its the norm for Lewis tae get the boot ..crack on if it gies ye cheap thrills ..
    Read the thread title, its about Lewis Stevenson. i know there were few pass marks from others today. Don't we all

@hibs.net private member
    I am with ORD on this one. If Stevenson is good enough for our team it says more about the team than Stevenson. He just isn't good enough. A lot of folk say he should play in his best position. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what that is. He can't pass, head, shoot or score goals. Every time he gets the ball his first reaction is to turn around. Apart from his enthusiasm he rarely ever contributes anything to a game. To be fair on him he never hides and that is maybe why he highlights his own limitations. Nice guy but not a winner. For all the Stevenson defenders I would ask- Is he the standard of player you want at Easter Road, basically a workman player? Personally I want more.

@hibs.net private member
    Not at all - just tired of the usual Lewis bashing. Our problems lie elsewhere...
    As I mentioned earlier. Stevenson sums up everything that is wrong with this club. Too nice with very limited ambitions on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I am with ORD on this one. If Stevenson is good enough for our team it says more about the team than Stevenson. He just isn't good enough. A lot of folk say he should play in his best position. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what that is. He can't pass, head, shoot or score goals. Every time he gets the ball his first reaction is to turn around. Apart from his enthusiasm he rarely ever contributes anything to a game. To be fair on him he never hides and that is maybe why he highlights his own limitations. Nice guy but not a winner. For all the Stevenson defenders I would ask- Is he the standard of player you want at Easter Road, basically a workman player? Personally I want more.
    spot on

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson had a bad game today but why he gets quite as much flack when others were even worse. Robertson was mince today and seems to be escaping criticism. Stevenson is a decent squad player not a player that should be played in all the positions that isn't his favoured. Last season Stevenson had some mom performances whilst playing out of position.

Jones, Robertson, Craig and vine were honking today as well yet escape critcism. If you play 5 central midfielders then your full backs will have a hard time as they get zero protection.

Stevenson at RB is a **** up of monumental proportions and clearly Fenlon is ripping the piss in playing him there. I feel sorry for Stevenson in having to do that role when in actual fact he should have booted Fenlon square in the knackers for asking him to do so.

Read the thread title, its about Lewis Stevenson. i know there were few pass marks from others today. Don't we all
    Ive read the thread title ..he played left back & got moved tae right back ..so why is that Stevensons fault & what exactly did he do wrong in this game to merit the abuse by you ?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Stevenson had a bad game today but why he gets quite as much flack when others were even worse. Robertson was mince today and seems to be escaping criticism. Stevenson is a decent squad player not a player that should be played in all the positions that isn't his favoured. Last season Stevenson had some mom performances whilst playing out of position.

Jones, Robertson, Craig and vine were honking today as well yet escape critcism. If you play 5 central midfielders then your full backs will have a hard time as they get zero protection.
    Did he when

First Team Breakthrough
    Ive read the thread title ..he played left back & got moved tae right back ..so why is that Stevensons fault & what exactly did he do wrong in this game to merit the abuse by you ?

cause he's
    Last edited by MSK; 11-08-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Second time you have bypassed the swear filter