hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't answer your question but what I will say is the security was pretty tight. For instance rucksacks, baggage etc was passed through an x ray machine and admission tickets were issued and then checked at different areas.
    This is my first time spectating a golfing tournament (shamefully). Would you recommend taking a rucksack? If so what would you take in it? I was thinking golf shoes, water, snacks and sun cream. Is there anything vital I'm missing?
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    This is my first time spectating a golfing tournament (shamefully). Would you recommend taking a rucksack? If so what would you take in it? I was thinking golf shoes, water, snacks and sun cream. Is there anything vital I'm missing?
    I'd forget the golf shoes - everyday trainers will do fine. I'd add sunglasses to protect the eyes from pollen and if you have light binoculars then they're always handy.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'd forget the golf shoes - everyday trainers will do fine. I'd add sunglasses to protect the eyes from pollen and if you have light binoculars then they're always handy.
    I wasn't sure about the golf shoes, hence they were going in the bad, but I'll take your advice! Yeah had sunglasses too, just forgot to mention! Thanks!
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Is Mark James the best that the BBC can come up with?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Had a great day down at the golf today with my lad, got there about 1 o'clock, watched Woods for a few holes, then followed Els Rose and Shneddeker round the course and the sat up in the maind stand at 18th to watch a few groups finish there round of, £105 to get in, concessions for 16-21 £30, and another £100 on drink food and other stuff, no problems at security, seems only picking folk out randomly and i must look a honest dude.

Looking a bit red mind you.

On a side note think i had the best green on that course today.

Saturday will be the busiest day.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Going down today. full day of it. will be there for the first groups going out at 8ish. Looking forward to my 2nd open having been to St Andrews 2 years ago.at least this time we have decent weather.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    Going down today. full day of it. will be there for the first groups going out at 8ish. Looking forward to my 2nd open having been to St Andrews 2 years ago.at least this time we have decent weather.

Lots of sun cream needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Is Mark James the best that the BBC can come up with?
    The BBC coverage has not been great. They need a new set of commentators. The Americans seem to do it better with expert analysis as opposed to ho-hum musings about past days and schoolboy locker room humour. I would say the camera shots have not been up to scratch either.

And today they concentrated on Woods and Westwood while ignoring guys who were, and still are, only 3 or 4 shots off the lead.

Of course the Beeb loves Tiger. Fair enough you might think but the first two days we had to watch McDowall's every blow too by sole virtue of the fact that he was Tiger's playing partner. This while others were having much better rounds elsewhere.

No relief to be found on radio unfortunately. John Inverdale..............

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Just in, fantastic day out. Going back tomorrow aswell!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Just in, fantastic day out. Going back tomorrow aswell!
    You must be minted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    You must be minted!!!
    Got in for 30 quid mate, advantages of a baby face! The 4 quid pints and 6 quid burgers are a bit of a stinger though!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Having went to the open at Lytham last year and the one at Muirfield I have to praise the organisation in place for this years Open. Course is fantastic and travel to and from Edinburgh via the golf link train/bus was seamless. Hope all going tomorrow have a great day!

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Been there every day since Monday and going tomorrow and I can honestly say I have loved my summer holidays, also was stood next to my mate when Alvaro Quiros scudded his head with a tee shot on the 2nd pros don't do shouting fore
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Lots of sun cream needed.
    Bloody true that! had sun cream topped up all day and still come home like a lobster.

Superb day though. Folk were saying it was overpriced but I though it was grest value for the length of time we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Mickelson - £10 e/w @ 16/1
    Day - £5 e/w @ 30/1
    Grace - £5 e/w @ 60/1
    I was on phil also at 16's. happy days

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    ***** Adam Scott, backed him for every major for 3 years apart from the last masters where I did cabrera :(

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    So what about the state of those greens Phil?

I feel for Lee Westwood a bit - perennial underachiever in the Majors and is looking like joining Monty as one of the greatest players to never win one.

Another weekend self-destruct from Tiger too. Beginning to doubt he'll surpass Nicklaus's record.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Well, Westwood's bum went again, another major blow out, well done to Michelson though, deserves to win the Open and 1st to do both Scottish and open in same year.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    So what about the state of those greens Phil?

I feel for Lee Westwood a bit - perennial underachiever in the Majors and is looking like joining Monty as one of the greatest players to never win one.

Another weekend self-destruct from Tiger too. Beginning to doubt he'll surpass Nicklaus's record.
    TBH I hope he doesn't pass Jack's record. IMHO Jack was a better golfer and a more naturally gifted player. I feel for Westwood as I felt for montgomerie but I think Mickelson's a decent bloke who understands what today's victory in the premier championship at one of the top two courses means, so I'm happy for him.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Westwood didn't look too bothered.

The Mick certainly caught the BBC on the hop! They were concentrating on Westwood and others until very late on.

It wasn't a great Open in my view because too often good shots were punished by the slick surfaces. It's the same for everyone I suppose but it doesn't make for classic golf.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Westwood didn't look too bothered.

The Mick certainly caught the BBC on the hop! They were concentrating on Westwood and others until very late on.

It wasn't a great Open in my view because too often good shots were punished by the slick surfaces. It's the same for everyone I suppose but it doesn't make for classic golf.
    It's the golfer that adapts his game to suit the conditions that makes a Champion and that's exactly what big Phil managed to achieve. There was one occasion in particular when Tiger expressed his disbelief when his flat out eight or nine iron to a green pulled up short because of the spin --------- as Peter Alliss rightly said "well what do you expect with that type of shot."

Golf (especially links golf) was never meant to be a fair game I'm afraid!!

What a fantastic weekend at Muirfield. Quite chuffed for Mickelson, definitely one of the good guys

Gamer IDs

An absolutely amazing day and I'll be trying to get to an Open Championship again in the near future. Had an excellent day, caught the buzz around Poulter and thought he was really was going to do it.

And then Lefty produced some cracking golf to win it impressively. I called him winning it as he played onto the first green, gutted I didn't back that up with a bet. Never been a massive fan of Mickelson's but a deserved victory and an amazing achievement to follow up on his Scottosh Open victory.

@hibs.net private member LALthehibeeGAL's Avatar

backed teh winner again

had Mickelson @ 16/1 - okay it's not much but what I have now realised that so far I have backed the winner in all three majors (only a quid!!) pressures on now for the USPGA!!!!

Lal

Quote Originally Posted by LALthehibeeGAL View Post
    had Mickelson @ 16/1 - okay it's not much but what I have now realised that so far I have backed the winner in all three majors (only a quid!!) pressures on now for the USPGA!!!!

Lal
    Perhaps you'd care to tell us your selection come the day!

I had Molinari at 66/1 each way. Close but not close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Mickelson - £10 e/w @ 16/1
    Day - £5 e/w @ 30/1
    Grace - £5 e/w @ 60/1
    Actually only did £10 win on Lefty .. still a handsome profit!