hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

David Price Beaten Again

Beaten again tonight in the re-match, surely the end of the road for him now. Fought totally the wrong fight after looking like winning in the second he then got involved in a slug fest which took far too much out of him. He ran out of steam in the third and from then on was an uphill battle that he was never going to win, a sad end for him tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Both he and Tyson Fury have always been well overrated and nowhere near world class, even in such a poor era for heavyweights.

No doubt when Haye sparks out Fury, the Fury v Price 'superfight' will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both he and Tyson Fury have always been well overrated and nowhere near world class, even in such a poor era for heavyweights.

I believe the proposed Haye/Fury fight is off because of a dispute about purse percentages with both camps blaming the other.

Left by mutual consent!
    Who did he blame for his defeat this time ? He has no class......unlike Novak yesterday. Now, there is a man who is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Who did he blame for his defeat this time ? He has no class......unlike Novak yesterday. Now, there is a man who is a class act.
    He blamed himself for not sticking to the gameplan, even his corner were telling him that every round but he chose to pursue his own agenda and paid dearly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I believe the proposed Haye/Fury fight is off because of a dispute about purse percentages with both camps blaming the other.
    Sky Sports reporting Haye signed up this morning.

All on Fury now, I expect an excuse any day.

Sky Sports reporting Haye signed up this morning.

All on Fury now, I expect an excuse any day.

No doubt, Fury talks a good fight!

To be fair to the guy, he was a very, very good amateur. I boxed on the same card as him a few years back and he was mightily impressive.

First Chisora, now Fury. David Haye is like a vigilante going around knocking out absolute bell-ends.

I take it you saw Golovkin the other week. What a hitter he is. As much as I've got a bit of a man crush on Sergio Martinez, Golovkin would crucify him. GGG vs Chavez jr would be interesting, but again, I could only see GGG taking him out.

Haye v Fury I can't wait!

All the public posturing about purses ect was done to hype the fight up before it was announced. As soon as Fury pulled out of the IBF eliminator with Kubrat Pulev (who would beat Fury IMO and give Haye a decent fight) it was a certainty to take place.

As for the Haye v Fury fight , despite what the media will hype as a 50-50 , there is only one outcome and that is a Haye knockout in under 5 or 6 rounds. Haye is far too accurate and fast and if he gets you in trouble then he finishes aswell as anybody in boxing right now. Fury has got the fight by talking and although he has very good powers of recovery Haye will pick him apart.

Tried to get tickets an hour after it was confirmed.

All the ones in my price range and a fair few outwith already gone.