hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Fish: Edinburgh Gig at Tynecastle (cancelled)

http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/07/02/...at-tynecastle/

No doubt this will be a topical gesture from the big man!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Can you get cakes on the night?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I'm a big Fish fan but think I'll give this gig a miss!

Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder if the plaice will be soled out? Prawn crackers if any yam misses this one.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you get cakes on the night?
    No cakes but maybe a few buns! (Fish fans ken what's goan oan )

splitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Haha very good James!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Will Alex Salmon be there?
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 02-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Even gets in a mcraes battalion mention, what an absolute arse licker. No longer a hibee as far as im concerned
    Last edited by adhibs; 02-07-2013 at 07:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can't understand why he would do such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Even gets in a mcraes battalion mention, what an absolute arse licker. No longer a hibee as far as im concerned
    Fish is very much a Hibby . He is of an age where football rivalry does not mean hatred and vitriol has to be the norm and I fully understand that. His mention of the Mcraes thing is respectful and dignified. He won't be the only Hibs fan who would mourn the loss of the Derby fixture. Just because that's not a popular view on here doesn't make him any less of a Hibs fan.
    It's a classy gesture from the big guy. I hope it raises very little cash though.
    Last edited by marinello59; 02-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Fish is very much a Hibby . He is of an age where football rivalry does not mean hatred and vitriol has to be the norm and I fully understand that. His mention of the Mcraes thing is respectful and dignified. He won't be the only Hibs fan who would mourn the loss of the Derby fixture. Just because that's not a popular view on here doesn't make him any less of a Hibs fan.
    It's a classy gesture from the big guy. I hope it raises very little cash though.
    See where you're coming from a bit but id miss the derby yet wouldnt donate a penny to them. If they die their absolute ******** fans deserve it. Cant see why any hibs fan would want to help that lot after the arrogance and delusion weve heard from their fans, and still do

I wonder if he asked Rod if he could do a fundraiser for Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Gies a bun gies a bun gies a bun.... C'mon big man what you thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I wonder if he asked Rod if he could do a fundraiser for Hibs?
    He's already done a fundraiser for Hibs. A few years ago he brought his Return to Childhood tour, which was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album, to the Hibs Club. All proceeds went towards Hibs youth fund.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can't understand why he would do such a thing
    You don't surprise me!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

Spot on IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    He's already done a fundraiser for Hibs. A few years ago he brought his Return to Childhood tour, which was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album, to the Hibs Club. All proceeds went towards Hibs youth fund.
    I wish I could say thats alright then Frazer, but, I still think this latest gesture is a load of pish on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I wish I could say thats alright then Frazer, but, I still think this latest gesture is a load of pish on his part.
    I think it's nice gesture from somebody who doesn't hate Hearts like I (and I suspect you) do. Fair enough but I hope the night's flop. Also suspect there may be an alternative motive, he's going to get a lot of publicity and he's about to release a new album. Just saying

That had crossed my mind. Just as well the shoes not on the other foot, just imagine Cicero in BTG!

First Team Breakthrough
    It's not like he's just doing a charity gig for Hearts - he's done charity gigs for Hibs, Somalia, and the local Masonic Lodge in the past so not a big issue IMHO.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    One of our famous fans has agreed to play a benefit gig for Hearts next month??

Anyone fancy it??

http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/07/02/...at-tynecastle/
    IMHO, that is actually quite a good interview. Fish manages to get over various valid points, without falling into the 'bitter hobo' category, but he also points out that they are the architects of their own downfall
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 02-07-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: removed deleted post quoted

Fish

Im glad to hear that an 'emminent' Hibee is willing to offer a gesture to the Yams. Fish has got a good balance between - they deserve what they get/we're fed up with their nonsense and the Ill miss the derby/I know how crap it feels to lose our club.
    I wont lose sleep if they wake up in the third division, but would hate to see them wiped from the map.

Fish.Do something for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendrongo View Post
    Fish.Do something for Hibs.
    Crackin idea! Would be great to have a concert with the Proclaimers, Fish and others (?). The 'Lets get Leigh back to where he belongs festival.'

Fish Gig at Tynie for Yams by Fish

Ok I decided to come up here and post this myself before the roar.

I'm doing a gig for the Jambos to help raise funds to keep them in the game. (pause for chorus of jeering to subside from many)

I'm a Hibby, always have been, always will be. Been through it all seen it all like most of us on here over the years, cried buckets and sang loud. I've been green since around 67. I'm 55. My grandad supported both teams and had 2 season tickets, one for each club. I never, I was , like my dad always on the green. I followed the "Tornadoes" after years of waiting for it to be, I was at Tynie on the great 7-0 and saw many more derbies of joy and of deep grief. I swallowed the 5-1 after years of gloating and nose being ground in the *****. They cheated, I know, for years. Now they pay the price as Tik Tok came and is! They're in danger of disappearing. TBH I don't want that myself.

They lorded over us for years with money they didn't have, were arrogant, loud and brash. Now they are humbled and staring at years of recovery, a vastly diminished team and relegation a near certainty. What do you want? Our neighbours in the city disappearing and left to look forward to derbies against East Fife which with no disrespect to East Fife isn't exactly bragging rights! Those 4 games (+) a season getting wound up tighter and tighter before another explosion ( or not) of nerve shredding adrenalin over 90 ,mins that leaves you in the Royal, singing pissed on a lamppost in Easter Road or mumbling in your 10th pint in your local? I chose to play a gig for them to raise funds.

I, like many of you have Jambo buddies who are all feeling what we felt like in 90. A lot of them were against Mercer and the takeover and said so. There's always a minority who feel the other way and i know I won't be turning some opinions on this forum whatever I type here. It's not going to recompense the small businesses and the staff who lost out through all this Gorgie fallout but if the club survives then maybe the jobs come back and the businesses get something. I don't feel guilty, I'm not gloating, they deserve what they are taking just now. I'd like to think we have more class than to drive it deep and keen and take a more benevolent approach to this mess they are in.

I don't expect any of you to come along. I'm doing this for my own reasons, I won't be taking a season ticket to Tynie and never will. I'm doing it, I just wanted you to know from me direct before the media grabs hold of it

GGTTH

Fish

This is the press release-

" Rock legend Fish is to play a benefit gig for Hearts next month. Although a huge Hibs man, the former front man of Marillion is keen to see the Gorgie club survive so he can continue to enjoy the cut and thrust of the Edinburgh derby. He has agreed to play an acoustic set in the Gorgie Suite on Wednesday, August 7, with all funds raised going towards Heart of Midlothian FC.

"I’ve followed the Hibees through thick and thin, witnessed the ‘Turnbull Tornadoes’ (including the 1973 New Year’s day 7-0 win at Tynecastle) and followed them down divisions, seen cup wins and cup defeats and can’t forget the near demise of our club in 1990 after we ourselves had suffered from years of financial mismanagement," said the lead singer of The Fisheads Club. "At the time I was helpless on tour in Germany and felt the pain of nearly losing the club I’d followed since I was a boy. A lot of my Hearts supporter friends at the time were vocal in their support for saving Hibs and didn’t want to see the club disappear. The situation has now reversed.

"Throughout the years the derbies have raised my blood pressure more than any other game in the fixture calendar, no matter what the league position. I don’t want to lose the local derby!" Now a hugely popular solo artist in his own right, Fish’s latest album "A Feast of Consequences" focus strongly on the Battle of the Somme, his grandfather having fought on the opening day of battle. And he has the utmost respect for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on the opening-day exchanges.

"My grandfather William Dick had season tickets for both Hearts and Hibs and watched the alternate home matches," he added. "I have been reading a lot about him recently after I visited the Somme battlefield in 2011 and walked the fields there. I also laid a poppy at the McCrae’s Battalion memorial in Contalmaison. "My other grandfather William Paterson was on the Somme field that day in the 18th Royal Scots. Both my grandfathers thankfully survived the war. That visit to France inspired me to write five songs on my new album "A Feast of Consequences" about the Somme battlefield in 1916. "It’s a strange coincidence that after recently rediscovering my grandfathers and their history in the Great War and with HMFC’s plight, that I should find myself in a position to help out in a small way. I’m sure my granddads would both approve." Fish appreciates he may receive some criticism from fellow-Hibees for his gesture.

However, he believes it is going to be worth it. "I know there will be a few fellow Hibs fans who disagree with me offering a gig in support of HMFC and who are still sore (as I am) from last year’s cup final defeat which they feel was "bought" and in the long term has resulted in the current situation," he said. "We had to swallow a lot of pride and take a lot of suffering over that defeat but as far as I am concerned the result is now moving into the past and losing your club is a very heavy price to pay, no matter what anyone says. "I’m sure the recovery process will be a struggle and will most probably involve a lot more anguish and pain. As far as I am concerned, that is just punishment. But I don’t want to see Heart of Midlothian disappear, although I want to see a return to a level playing field again! "I think everyone knew that the clock had to tick down and the whistle had to blow on the recent regime but the current reality is a shock to many Hearts fans. I am genuinely sorry for the players and staff who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and who are going to be struggling to find work. "The previous regime should hold their heads in shame at what they have allowed to happen."

The gig will be an acoustic show of songs from his solo career and from the Marillion catalogue and Fish added: "The Fishheads Club is a trio featuring me on vocals, Frank Usher on guitar (no football persuasion) and Foss Paterson, my long-serving keyboard player and a Jambo from Bonnyrigg with whom I have had many tense days on tour while dealing with derbies and who is agreed with me that we would like more in the future! "If you are agreed with me then please come along and support the show and be a small part of keeping Heart of Midlothian Football Club in existence." Ticketing information will be announced as soon as possible."

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Will there be cakes for sale?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Ltyf.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Apparently only buns

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I understand what's you're doing Fish and fair play. Some yams were there for us in '90 without question.

When you weigh up the yams predicament and our signing policy though, the one question I'm left with is...what made you use a drum machine on 'Jack and Jill'?