hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TBH it's only strikers we've not got in and in al honesty knowing Doyle was going and Griffiths too, the striking department should have been made a priority. It was good getting Craig and Jones in but midfield want the problem at the end off the season.

it's not like we're missing out on anyone cause the strikers 'available' still are 'available'

as long as Pat & co are taking this time to identify the right people for the job i'm happy to sit back and wait, still plenty time before a competitive match is played

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Every year Hibs drag their heels and end up feeding off the scraps. The lethargy at the way Hibs go about signing new players is soooo depressing.
    We've already signed Craig and OTJ mate.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    and mcGivern

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd take Mullen and Wilson, renew KT and Spoony and sign Higdon to play up top with Danny Handling or Paul C just off him

Two strikers are a must. Even if their not going to play every week, we need them in the door with three of them going out the door in the first place.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Hibs are going about their business very quietly as usual.

From sources on here that have a good track record, we can assume that the following players have been approached:

KT
    Claros
    Boyce
    Vine
    Mullen
    Goncalves
    McGovern

I don't know of any back up for the McManus, Wilson, Higdon or Miller rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    And quietly until the last minute panic sets in then we sign an "Alan O'Brien" superstar!

You all know the song by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Barnsley said on Friday that they have given up on signing him. Wonder who he is heading to?
    Leeds are meant to have been interested in Higdon for a while now so, if true, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

From sources on here that have a good track record, we can assume that the following players have been approached:

KT
    Claros
    Boyce
    Vine
    Mullen
    Goncalves
    McGovern

I don't know of any back up for the McManus, Wilson, Higdon or Miller rumours.

Goncalves that was at st mirren? Looked good couple of times I seen him last season, troubled defence alot!

Blog Entries
    And quietly until the last minute panic sets in then we sign an "Alan O'Brien" superstar!

You all know the song by now.
    You need to calm down, I've been critical of the board in the past but this season they've done everything right. All the efforts were channelled, rightly IMO, to signing LG on a permanent basis. There were various options to sign a partner for LG but now that avenue's closed we're looking for 2 new players & there are now different options/permutations as to who they can/will be. We can't go for 2 more inexperienced players so looking for experience first then pursue other options already talked about here. I believe we will have 1 in before Europe & almost certainly 2 before league starts.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    First off I think Wylde looks a good wee player.

That said from a Hibs perspective I'd like us to be looking for a right winger as I feel Harris is better on the left and, while he's not a winger, we've signed Liam Craig who's a left midfielder.

A big concern is that Aberdeen now have Johnny Hayes (who's a right winger iirc) and Wylde which is a very dangerous looking combination. I have a feeling they may be the team to beat if we have high end of the table aspirations......
    Hun pal of mine says Wylde is a one trick pony.
    In a way, so was Ivan and his one trick worked well first time around.

just realised our target Liam Boyce plays for Cliftonville, their game against celtic is bound to be available to watch someplace so we can all hae a butchers at how good or pony he really is

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    just realised our target Liam Boyce plays for Cliftonville, their game against celtic is bound to be available to watch someplace so we can all hae a butchers at how good or pony he really is
    Celtic daft apparently - "everyone where I come from is" on today's STV news sport section.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not much good to us seeing as how the two legs of that game are in the same weeks as we are due to play Drogheda or Malmo. Any strikers we are looking at need to be in place before then. I would imagine the lure of playing in that game will keep him hanging around Cliftonville for a few more weeks in the hope that a decent display will attract the interest of bigger clubs than us.

If we had any interest in him in the first place that is.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Wylde signed for Aberdeen on a three-year deal today...

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Hibbie View Post
    Celtic daft apparently - "everyone where I come from is" on today's STV news sport section.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Based on that we can forget signing him until after he's had a chance to play Septic in Europe.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Scenario: Boyce plays poorly
    .net reaction: FFS Fenlon, typical bargain basement substandard pish #wemournleigh

Scenario: Boyce plays well
    .net reaction: That'll be him out of our price range now, why didn't we sign him earlier? #PETRIE!!!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Every year Hibs drag their heels and end up feeding off the scraps. The lethargy at the way Hibs go about signing new players is soooo depressing.
    I know it seems like that, but the message coming from ER is that they are always working hard to identify players that are right for us. Every year we seem to miss out on the targets we want, in guess that's due to money offered by RP. But to be fair, as frustrating as it seems, this is why we are not in the same position as our neighbours. It is a little different this year as we should have our first team training for Europe, do I can only hope that there are 2 strikers on the verge of signing.

As we all know too well, Hibs always leave the announcements to the last minute.

Is there a cut off date when players have to be signed for, to be eligible for the europa cup tie?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    .net reaction: FFS Fenlon, typical bargain basement substandard pish #wemournleigh

.net reaction: That'll be him out of our price range now, why didn't we sign him earlier? #PETRIE!!!!!!!!
    Indeed, it will be another "we should have signed Boyce when Hibs were offered him for 150k" FACT.

zactly, hes either pish or we cant afford him
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 25-06-2013 at 05:43 AM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's simply going to be 1 scenario or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Based on that we can forget signing him until after he's had a chance to play Septic in Europe.
    Based on that, he can do one. We need the new strikers in before the Euro game or we can forget about going ant further.

Left by mutual consent!

Starting to get a wee bit impatient

I know, I know bed wetter etc but it would be good if for once we did the bulk of our business early so that most of the squad had a full preseason together. I know we have signed two players (three I suppose if we count McGivern) but we need a few more.

I know folk are on holidays etc but that hasn't stopped Aberdeen assembling what looks like a decent collection of signings as well as hanging on to their top man from last season. I know Aberdeen have appeared to have done good business many times in the past but I law of averages says they will get it right eventually and this could be the year.

What are everyones hopes and expectations for more new additions?

Hopes - an experienced centre half, a right back (sounds like that will be Fraser Mullen which would for me mean no need to resign Maybury), resigning Thomson and Claros if not then two new midfielders or promote youth and two new strikers.

Expectations - sounds as though we'll sign Mullen, we'll get a centre half of some description, gut feeling is we'll resign one of KT or Claros and we'll sign one new striker.

Players out - not sure if it has been fully announced who has gone but Deegan is def away, expect Wothersppon to go as well along with more obvious departures like Done, Kujabi and Kuqi. Can't see room for Maybury if we sign Mullen.

Just feel if we are taking Europe seriously we should have had more players in by now.

Hoping the season will see Harris continue his form, Cairney return to his form of the first half of last season and Craig to continue where he left off at St Johnstone. This would at least see us have a bit more creativity about us than we had at the end of last season.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Been mentioned on previous thread. I am also a bed wetter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull;3653980[B
    ]I know, I know bed wetter etc but it would be good if for once we did the bulk of our business early so that most of the squad had a full preseason together. I know we have signed two players (three I suppose if we count McGivern) but we need a few more.
    [/B]
    I know folk are on holidays etc but that hasn't stopped Aberdeen assembling what looks like a decent collection of signings as well as hanging on to their top man from last season. I know Aberdeen have appeared to have done good business many times in the past but I law of averages says they will get it right eventually and this could be the year.

What are everyones hopes and expectations for more new additions?

Hopes - an experienced centre half, a right back (sounds like that will be Fraser Mullen which would for me mean no need to resign Maybury), resigning Thomson and Claros if not then two new midfielders or promote youth and two new strikers.

Expectations - sounds as though we'll sign Mullen, we'll get a centre half of some description, gut feeling is we'll resign one of KT or Claros and we'll sign one new striker.

Players out - not sure if it has been fully announced who has gone but Deegan is def away, expect Wothersppon to go as well along with more obvious departures like Done, Kujabi and Kuqi. Can't see room for Maybury if we sign Mullen.

Just feel if we are taking Europe seriously we should have had more players in by now.

Hoping the season will see Harris continue his form, Cairney return to his form of the first half of last season and Craig to continue where he left off at St Johnstone. This would at least see us have a bit more creativity about us than we had at the end of last season.
    To be fair, what other SPL teams have been very active other than Aberdeen as you correctly mention. I am comfortable where we are at the moment and I believe we will have some good news to announce by the end of the week, chillax

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    There was chat previously about some of the lower league strikers around christmas time.

Doesnt seem to be mentioned anymore. Just thought it would be good with one experienced striker (Higdon, Concalves et al) and a proven lower league striker pre Nicky Clark.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Happy with the additions so far. I'd rather trust the young lads to be honest to fill the squad and challenge for the first team. Although an experienced striker would be nice.

Europe wont be high on the agenda as ever it is all about the league. I'll be surprised if we sign any other defenders now (im assuming we'll pick up the young jambo). I expect one striker signing, and one loan signing. Would like to see those players in this week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    There was chat previously about some of the lower league strikers around christmas time.

Doesnt seem to be mentioned anymore. Just thought it would be good with one experienced striker (Higdon, Concalves et al) and a proven lower league striker pre Nicky Clark.
    I reckon one experienced striker plus one lower league player is exactly what Fenlon will be looking for.

The lower league player is a bit of a roll of the dice I guess as you can never quite tell whether they'll make the step up ok.

Quite interested to see what style(s) of players he goes for - Griffiths was an easy player to fit in as he tended to create a lot of his own goals as well as score them.

Not sure we would work with a poacher unless there's a big improvement in the rest of our attacking play to create chances - hopefully Liam Craig helps with that both scoring and providing.

I'd like to see us get someone who played the way Lyle Taylor played against us in the semi final.

Maybe not Taylor himself though as I reckon that would be an expensive roll of the dice ;)