hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 130 1231151101 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar

Any new signing rumours? (merged)

While I am enjoying the light entertainment from Tynecastle.

Do we have any indication of any new or potential signings for Hibs?

Happy with Craig and Tudor-Jones but i really want to know about strikers as replacements for Sparky n Doyle especially.

Aberdeen have been busy already and although we didnt clear out the same number of players they did, it would be nice to make more positive moves early on in a similar way.

Do we know the situation with Thomson or Claros?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    We've signed Mcgivern as well. Pat was in the paper saying that he was wanting a couple more in before the first Euro tie.

It's all gone quiet on the McMannus front. Anyone have any info on that rumour? I'm hoping and praying Pat has a striker lined up

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    So last season's out of contract players/loans etc, who is likely to stay
    Thomson ?
    Claros?
    Wotherspoon?
    Deegan - gone
    Done - probably gone
    Maybury - possible deal
    Murdoch ?

Missed anyone

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Pope is only striker I've heard rumoured would be a capture as well

Other strikers there have been rumours about are

Lyle Taylor
    Liam Boyce
    Michael Higdon
    Adam Rooney
    David Clarkson

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Taylor is too inconsistent but wouldn't mind higdon

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other strikers there have been rumours about are

Lyle Taylor
    Liam Boyce
    Michael Higdon
    Adam Rooney
    David Clarkson
    Barnsley apparently have a bid in for Higdon which would rule us out and I think I heard Middlesboro were interested in Lyle Taylor which if true would again rule us out.

I like the fact that Higdon is proven at SPL level and Lyle Taylor plays the kind of style I think we need.

Liam Boyce struck me as the sort of player Pat Fenlon would go for as soon as he was mentioned - not sure whether that's good or bad mind ;)
    If he could make the step up could be an excellent dark horse of a signing......could also be a typical flat track bully who doesn't have it at the heady heights(!) of SPL level football.

Adam Rooney would be a very good signing I reckon - not heard any rumours anyone know if this one has legs?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Barnsley apparently have a bid in for Higdon which would rule us out and I think I heard Middlesboro were interested in Lyle Taylor which if true would again rule us out.

I like the fact that Higdon is proven at SPL level and Lyle Taylor plays the kind of style I think we need.

Liam Boyce struck me as the sort of player Pat Fenlon would go for as soon as he was mentioned - not sure whether that's good or bad mind ;)
    If he could make the step up could be an excellent dark horse of a signing......could also be a typical flat track bully who doesn't have it at the heady heights(!) of SPL level football.

Adam Rooney would be a very good signing I reckon - not heard any rumours anyone know if this one has legs?
    I bloody hope so, i don't want another centre forward as mobile as Shefki Kuqi.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    While I would guess that there are plenty activities in the background to iron out a deal for Sparky, there is no question that we need another forward. A decent signing will have a positive impact on the supporters who are just a wee bit unsure on whether to by a season ticket or not.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCityHibs View Post
    While I am enjoying the light entertainment from Tynecastle.

Do we have any indication of any new or potential signings for Hibs?

Happy with Craig and Tudor-Jones but i really want to know about strikers as replacements for Sparky n Doyle especially.

Aberdeen have been busy already and although we didnt clear out the same number of players they did, it would be nice to make more positive moves early on in a similar way.

Do we know the situation with Thomson or Claros?
    Theyve signed the same number of players as us, and tbh Barry Robson, Willo Flood and Calvin Zola are hardly inspiring signings. United have signed a lot of players but they are all from the lower leagues, its a fair gamble, and no one else has really signed anyone.

We have a good squad, we just need players brought in for those key positions (striker) and then we will look quite strong in the SPL for next season imo.

Blog Entries
    Our strategy for signing a striker was based on hope we would be looking for a partner for LG. That strategy has to change now & the problem is most of our original targets were relatively inexperienced as of course are our 2 current options. I believe our top target always was Taylor but is he experienced enough to allow us to go for Boyce (or another unnamed Irish player) as his partner, that's the dilemma. We will sign 1 before Europe & almost certainly 2 before league programme starts.

wonder when Hearts are going in for Spoony?

.....oh, wait.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Need to get cracking on the striker front.

Looking forward to seeing who comes in.

Was thinking that I would have loved to seen a Griffiths and Sodje partnership if big Akpo had stayed
    Last edited by NorthNorfolkHFC; 24-06-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    So last season's out of contract players/loans etc, who is likely to stay
    Thomson ?
    Claros?
    Wotherspoon?
    Deegan - gone
    Done - probably gone
    Maybury - possible deal
    Murdoch ?

Missed anyone
    Kujabi & Kuqi - both gone?
    Doyle - gone
    Griffiths - (99%) gone
    Martin/Jimmy Scott was still on our books last season, is his contract up?

Rumours in - sure I read Sandaza was linked on here last week?

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Don't know if i'd like Sandaza. He was class at St J but hardly registered on the radar at greyskull.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    If we are going to get any return from our young players, we have to put a bit of faith in them. We need one foward who can score goals, maybe another looking to make the step up like Doyle, and we need to give Caldwell and Handling a chance to make an impact every week - they are at the stage where they need to be regular fixtures in the team.

Jimmy Scott was on a 4yr deal, iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    Need to get cracking on the striker front.

Looking forward to seeing who comes in.

Was thinking that I would have loved to seen a Griffiths and Sodje partnership if big Akpo had stayed
    The big man's a free transfer once again after banging in 6 from 16 for Scunny last season. I wouldn't be upset to see him back and helping out Danny & Ross. Probably need someone else too though the likes of a Clarkson would probably compliment them.

Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Unreal decision that he was given that long! Done nothin to prove himself good enough, scored a couple of not bad goals and does the dirty work but need far better IMO. Don't even think he got a game when he was at county on loan did he??

Deff need a striker tho!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    3.5 but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    Don't know if i'd like Sandaza. He was class at St J but hardly registered on the radar at greyskull.
    Positive alot of the fans hated him after he said to a taxi driver he was just their for the money? And that's why he was released iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    wonder when Hearts are going in for Spoony?

.....oh, wait.
    Expect Boyd, Goodwilile and a few world cup stars to be arriving at tynecastle any day now. . . .

Wouldnt touch sandazza with a barge pole after the way he left rangers.......we've had far too many bad pros at hibs over the last few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Wouldnt touch sandazza with a barge pole after the way he left rangers.......we've had far too many bad pros at hibs over the last few seasons
    Spot on.

Fortunately I don't reckon Fenlon will touch him either - he's spent too long turning that dressing room into one full of good attitudes and proper pros to drop someone like Sandaza in there.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Positive alot of the fans hated him after he said to a taxi driver he was just their for the money? And that's why he was released iirc

it was an 'opportunist' sacking, if he had scored a barrowload of goals for the buns i doubt very much he would have been sacked for getting duped by a taxi driver :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Spot on.

Fortunately I don't reckon Fenlon will touch him either - he's spent too long turning that dressing room into one full of good attitudes and proper pros to drop someone like Sandaza in there.
    Has he done anything other than being duped into saying (in private) that he was only at the Huns for the money? Why did you think he was there?

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    it was an 'opportunist' sacking, if he had scored a barrowload of goals for the buns i doubt very much he would have been sacked for getting duped by a taxi driver :)
    Very good point.... Any chance he could start giving some of the hibs players a lift? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Has he done anything other than being duped into saying (in private) that he was only at the Huns for the money? Why did you think he was there?
    I agree, some posts are a bit OTT IMO, he got duped and was silly to do so but hes hardly committed the crime of the century, has he hurt anyone, other than his own pride and reputation, not IMO. If we did sign him id be delighted to be honest. Besides he was only saying what we all knew why he went to the huns anyway, wasn't anything new

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Driving ban while playing with St Johnstone due to being twice the legal limit.
    Aside from the booze element it reeks of a big shot attitude.

Also the way he handled the sting - wasn't just admitting it was only for the money.....he was actively pushing a sneaky agenda (reminded me a bit of the John Higgins sting where he was so pro-active it said more about him as a character than just the evidence itself).

Edit: I do get that players are just there for the money but you can do that in a professional way and you can do that in an unprofessional way. Sandaza for me is the latter.
    Last edited by The Leith Dutch; 24-06-2013 at 08:51 AM.