hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let`s be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on mate, wouldn't want to see an SPL team go to the wall no matter who they are or what folk who are no longer associated with them tried to do.

Well that was until those Hertz *******s finally got under my skin mates and all **** them.
    Finally. Now you sound like a Hibby.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Finally. Now you sound like a Hibby.

Steady, I'm just on long term loan

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I know a few Hearts fans, but for the last 5 or 6 years I have made a point of not engaging in any "banter" with them. If it comes to the crunch and Hearts are liquidated and we had no derbys for the foreseeable future I would not miss any of the so called banter and whatnot because I realised a long time ago that the Hearts fans I knew were not capable of engaging in fun, two way friendly joshing and mickey taking, so I would not miss that side of it as a result. On a personal level however, I have taken great joy at the sadly all too rare derby victories in recent times solely in the company of my Hibs supporting friends, and would definitely miss those great derby days out at either Easter Road or Tynecastle when derby victories can be enjoyed into the wee small hours.

Difficult one, but if it came down to it, would I miss the derby? I`d have to say yes.

Without doubt hope they die.

First Team Breakthrough
    Ideal scenarios:
    Short term: They start next season with a 15 points deduction, have a severly weakened player pool, get humped regularly, particularly by us and get relegated.
    Long term: They are liquidated, die or reform and play in Lowland League, or Third Division. Become an irrelevance and leave city to 'wee team'.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    die h***** die

because of the smug way they look at hibs fans I hope they rot in hell

Justletthemdie

forevever

god bless the Hibs

Yeah I see the OP's point. Star Wars would have been ***** if Darth Vader wasn't there because he was battling in the East-Sith league...

Me

Left by mutual consent!
    Given how a large number of Yams have showed no humility or regret in the shafting and theft of ordinary people's money in Lithuania to fund their glory, I'd like them to suffer a long decline and live an impoverished existence, devoid of success, bumping along in lower divisions, even East of Scotland league. I feel sorry for the few, genuine decent Jambos who treat Hibs as an friendly rivalry.

It is time Hearts accounted for their actions and for many, their willing support of a crook running their club. It is just desserts time and they will have their delusions shown for what they are, when they are heavily beaten by us in significant competition, fair-and-square.

It is also time, the undeserving pay-rise taking buffoons who attempt to run Scottish football, took more serious measures to enforce living within means for all clubs to prevent what is basically, cheating, and prevent this from happening in the first place from any other club, They could also try being pro-active and try selling our league for sponsorship and tv rights at a comparable rate for our attendance levels demographically. Instead they and media do it down in public, every time something happens they took no steps to prevent or investigate.

I've always wanted them to die

I remember thinking "Wallace Mercer's right - he's just got it the wrong way round"

Edinburgh needs one great European football team

It's time for a new dawn

I would hammer in the last nail in the coffin if I could.

Growing up , even in Drylaw, most of my mates were Hibs fans. Even now, most of mates are Hibs(although my partner is one of them). Hertz really are an irrelevance to me. The only time I give them any thought is on Derby day. My family and friends, my business and my football team are the things that excite me. I don't care about that mob. So if they were no longer around it wouldn't bother me at all.

@hibs.net private member
    I would definitely miss the derbies. We've had many, many bad derby days over the last 30yrs but the odd victory has been fabulous. If they pull through I can easily see this being a dawn of a good decade (at least) of them being a poor team getting soundly and regularly beaten by us. After that they can slope off to the lower divisions or wherever they go and their fans can think about where their worshipping of Wallace and Vlad took them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I know a few Hearts fans, but for the last 5 or 6 years I have made a point of not engaging in any "banter" with them. If it comes to the crunch and Hearts are liquidated and we had no derbys for the foreseeable future I would not miss any of the so called banter and whatnot because I realised a long time ago that the Hearts fans I knew were not capable of engaging in fun, two way friendly joshing and mickey taking, so I would not miss that side of it as a result. On a personal level however, I have taken great joy at the sadly all too rare derby victories in recent times solely in the company of my Hibs supporting friends, and would definitely miss those great derby days out at either Easter Road or Tynecastle when derby victories can be enjoyed into the wee small hours.

Difficult one, but if it came down to it, would I miss the derby? I`d have to say yes.

Over the 8 years which Vlad sold them the dream some of my Hearts mates changed from football fans to mutant supporters that I didn't recognise not all of them but a good few ,got to the stage where it wasn't worth the hassle.
    Last edited by cad; 05-04-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    It is another die from me. Up until 1990 and FTB I would have said no. In the intervening years they have the most arrogant bunch of pricks I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Since the Lith takeover, this has been worse. Even now they are showing zero remorse for what has happened. My views would change relative to their level of remorse. I don't see me changing any time soon.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Lets be clear, the only way they will start in division 3 is if they do indeed 'die' ie are liquidated, however, even hoping this happens AK would like to see them reincarnated as Jamco and the years of misery that will follow, as let's be fair, even although their Fans try and emulate the nastier parts of the Rangers support, they will never have access to the fan base and income that Rangers do and as such they are unlikely to return to the top league for some time

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Lets be clear, the only way they will start in division 3 is if they do indeed 'die' ie are liquidated, however, even hoping this happens AK would like to see them reincarnated as Jamco and the years of misery that will follow, as let's be fair, even although their Fans try and emulate the nastier parts of the Rangers support, they will never have access to the fan base and income that Rangers do and as such they are unlikely to return to the top league for some time
    I am not sure Div 3 would be open to them now. Sevco only went there because it was the bottom rung of the league setup and that has now changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Absolutely, deid and ****in' buried like the **** who tried tae kill my club.

**** h****s
    super post :)

Hearts as we know them might die but their hard-core aren't going to just go away if the worst case scenario for them happens.
    A new club will be formed and they will start at the very bottom, either renting a ground or starting from scratch with that project too. They might lose some fans but enough will come back to ensure they eventualy get back into the football league.
    I want them to lose everything and die as I know they are never going to go away. The years it will take them to recover will ensure they lose that many fans that they will never be our true rivals again. In ten years time they might have a fan base the size of dundee uniteds and be playing in a ground like almondvale.
    That would not only be pleasing, but justice for their years of financial cheating.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=RickyS;3648132]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Nah ! Cannae die quick enough for me ! Ive had my fun, now hurry up and die ! F...ing disgrace of a club ![/
    QUOTE]

seconded
    Agree with that to, cheated for years ciao ciao

Left by mutual consent!
    Another aspect to this long lingering death is the way the Hearts fans deal with it. I think we'll find the dark side of their support come out to play more regularly. Things will go from bad to worse when they see their team get pumped regularly.

They will start fighting amongst themselves again.

Normal service will resume

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Is there anyone on here who REALLY wants Hearts to die - I know I don`t. I have lots of friends, neighbours and colleagues who are of the maroon persuasion who are genuinley bricking themselves about the state of their club - if Hearts went to the wall, I`d miss all the banter and craic.

However, having said i dont want them to die, I want Hearts to be put through the wringer to extract every drop of misery possible and to watch the fans squirm. Starting off in Div 3 would be a good start and lets see how many years it takes them to become the "big" team again
    Put me in the waiting to die category.

Our obliteration was whaelarse's target and with only a few exceptions was massively supported by the yammish. For the arrogance and financial doping that brought them the much bragged about "success" and the subsequent ludicrous claims and downright refusal to see where the dear leader was taking them it cant come quick enough for me.

They have no humility or shame around how they having been running and give not a hoot about who's actually paid for it so its about how far such an attitude needs and deserves to fall before it dawns on them.

For me liquidation will do, they can start again as Hearts of West Lothian (2013) or whatever name they choose in non league or the 3rd division if they will have them, but they and others like them really need to realise you can't rack up the debt and everything else they have done and simply avoid the debt and carry on like nothing's wrong because you are the yams or sevco. It was all someone elses money and they never allowed the yams to have it by consent.

Sadly far too many of them are comfortable just managing to avoid the debt and carrying on as if it was all okay - even now they remain arrogant enough to believe its all under their control because they are who they are!.

A dose of reality is required as they have been far too long in the world of "no debt really, owing it all to themselves, big team, 400,000 fans CL win by 2008m, megasuperhotelstadium" etc..............

Can I just add that of @20 closest Hibby friends I have, and amongst supporters I know generally I don't know anyone who doesn't think the same. Suspect many of the HOH era will think that way.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 20-06-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: update

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    It is another die from me. Up until 1990 and FTB I would have said no. In the intervening years they have the most arrogant bunch of pricks I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Since the Lith takeover, this has been worse. Even now they are showing zero remorse for what has happened. My views would change relative to their level of remorse. I don't see me changing any time soon.
    Add this to what I said above!

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I want 'Hearts' as an entity to disappear asap. Banter and craic died a long time ago, to be replaced with arrogance, delusion, and disrespect.

They will return in one form or another somewhere down the line, but in the meantime it's a thumbsdown from me
    This.

There are still jambos out there that you can have a conversation with but they are few and far between.

The Romanov era has manufactured a new breed of jambo. Even tainting original stock.

Worryingly - they are even in the majority

Speaking to a jambo I considered one of the good ones -

"It'll all be fine, we won 2 cups, 5-1, split the OF, heard the champions league music, had champion league winning player and a euro champions player - wouldn't swap that for anything"

This is the type of blinkered vision we're dealing with

Agree with the OP's sentiments - I want us to beat Hearts - but IMO it has to be on the park. It's entirely appropriate that the club is punished for its past behaviour, and if that means dropping down through the leagues, then so be it. I bear no hatred towards the club, never have - I don't particularly like them, but some of the vitriol on here directed to HOMFC is way over the top. I have been away too long probably, but I used to meet up with Hearts mates of mine at Tynie before the game or meet them on their way across the terracing into their enclosure area, and it was all mainly good banter, with little base invective - of course back then in the sixties/seventies we more often than not beat them, so maybe that's why I had no reason to be so bitter towards them back then? Distance has made it easier for me. Too many defeats have made our fan base seriously bitter it seems, personally I'd prefer a return to winning ways on the park by our team, than us claiming some form of victory because of their financial death.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Pre big team, wee team, possibly not.

Now?

Die, die, die

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Another aspect to this long lingering death is the way the Hearts fans deal with it. I think we'll find the dark side of their support come out to play more regularly. Things will go from bad to worse when they see their team get pumped regularly.

They will start fighting amongst themselves again.

Normal service will resume
    Ah, the good old days, they didn't have a clue about fiscal prudence and they didn't know one end of a football pitch from another. Some of the funniest moments I've ever had at ER was when half way through another humping from us they'd start punching lumps out of one another.

I've said all along I want them to survive and for us to beat them on the park regularly. It's the only sort of revenge they would understand. They don't care if they die as has been shown with their "it was worth it" statements - as has been said this is because many of them hate us more than they love Hearts.

Saying that I think a discussion in the press and on TV about financial doping and how Hearts fans sat back and watched it happen at their club is long overdue. Leslie Deans, Lord Foulkes of Urineshire, John Robertson, Gary MacKay, Pieman Robinson were all complicit if not directly guilty. Bring it out into open rather than all this sympathy guff.