hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let`s be honest

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10 years ago I would have said no.

In 2013 I want them to spiral completely out of control and be completely ruined. I grew up with Jambo friends and could take all the ribbing in the world about Scottish Cup/ 22 in a row and all that guff but when Romanov took over things changed massively. The banter turned aggressive, they felt genuine superiority, wouldn't listen to reason, at a time when hibs cut back everything to be safe from financial worry hearts went on a massive spending spree paying the kind of wages only the OF offer and with nothing to back it up, they deserve every moment of pain they suffer, the mates I grew up with can support spartans or something

Pre-Romanov, no.

Now, toodle-oo, tattie bye bye, hasta luego etc.

Die.

Not that I think it will come to that, although I have always erred on the side of pessimism re: Hearts demise given how long it has been predicted.

Events of the past week or so have rather accelerated them towards the trapdoor marked "A whole pile of rather unsightly *****"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Ten years ago I might have stood shoulder to shoulder with them in their battle as I saw a few hearts tops at ER in our HOH days. However, their protests never materialised, no need as it would never happen to them, they just owed the money to themselves.
    Five years ago they were the BIG team and still owed the money to themselves, 1902 and they had won the big cup, my feelings started to change and the local rivallry had changed from banter to bad feeling. My shoulder to shoulder had gone and it was a case of, 'let them get on with it, it will all go t1t5 up for them eventually'
    Presently, they are still owe money to themselves, or do they? 1-5, it was all worth it, 1902, we will come out of this debt free and stronger. Not one slightests hint of regret of humility from them and whilst I will have a certain amount of sympathy for the odd Yam that I know that are really good guys who just support their club in same manner we support ours, if they die they die and I won't lose any sleep over it.
    Do I want them to die?
    Hmm? I have a feeling if they don't, they might be right and they could come out of this better in the long run, so with a certain degree of reluctancy, I would maybe have to say YES, I hope the b******s go to the wall (with apologies to the odd few decent Yams I know, the rest of them have dragged me down to this level of thinking).

@hibs.net private member
    Like the OP I'm quite happy for the Yams to still have a football team to follow - just as long as they take their medicine of course!

That will either mean:
    a) Yams somehow survive the season and come out of administration to live an existance of utter penury either at the bottom end of the SPL receiving regular horsings in Derbys and other matches, or, far more likely, in the first division, staring ruefully and enviously upwards.
    b) Yams get liquidated and enter Div3 a'la Sevco as AFC Hertz or some other pish and wander homelessly from one groundshare to another on a relentless "great adventure" until when and if they ever re-emerge onto the SPL stage, we'll have forgotten who they are anyway.

......Nah on second thoughts - f*** em
    Last edited by basehibby; 20-06-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quite interesting that it seems to be folk that don't have to put up with their pish on a daily basis that are a tad more ambivalent towards their ongoing existance.

Personally would like them to have a similar fate as my breakfast this morning did.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Die. 100% die.

If a two-bob Savco club is created in their absence, they will be termed as a rival only due to locality. The Savco will be a team devoid of tradition, history, titles and trophies. And if, and it's a massive if, the Savco made it into the SPL, we would have a derby with a brand new club who we can routinely hump whilst mocking them for the fact we have won more Scottish Cups than them.

I've never seen a Hearts team live within their means.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

The sooner they die the better. I f'n HATE EVERYTHING about them, HATE them, so ya puddle drinking 6-singered mutants just do the decent thing and crawl back under your rock and DIE

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Quite interesting that it seems to be folk that don't have to put up with their pish on a daily basis that are a tad more ambivalent towards their ongoing existance.
    This, 100%

I want them to die

die die die die die

Me!

I want to see them get their just desserts. They've profited from financial doping and. it seems, an organisation that has ripped off the pensions of Aluminium workers, the savings of ordinary Lithuanians and very possibly benefited from Money Laundering. The vast majority of their fans have blindly ignored, even denied, that what they were doing was wrong so long as they could gloat over some cup wins and superiority in derbies.

If their just desserts means they go through years of suffering and humiliation in the lower leagues, while being royally humped on the rare occassions they meet Hibs in a cup competition, then that would be good enough for me. I want to be in the Hibs end on these occasions as we're singing the following, while at least 3 or 4 goals ahead...

'Big - Team,
    ...you're having a laugh,
    Big - Team,
    ...you're having a laugh'

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Die. 100% die.

If a two-bob Savco club is created in their absence, they will be termed as a rival only due to locality. The Savco will be a team devoid of tradition, history, titles and trophies. And if, and it's a massive if, the Savco made it into the SPL, we would have a derby with a brand new club who we can routinely hump whilst mocking them for the fact we have won more Scottish Cups than them.

I've never seen a Hearts team live within their means.
    Yup. I noticed. Genius.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Ah, the good old days, they didn't have a clue about fiscal prudence and they didn't know one end of a football pitch from another. Some of the funniest moments I've ever had at ER was when half way through another humping from us they'd start punching lumps out of one another.

I've said all along I want them to survive and for us to beat them on the park regularly. It's the only sort of revenge they would understand. They don't care if they die as has been shown with their "it was worth it" statements - as has been said this is because many of them hate us more than they love Hearts.

Saying that I think a discussion in the press and on TV about financial doping and how Hearts fans sat back and watched it happen at their club is long overdue. Leslie Deans, Lord Foulkes of Urineshire, John Robertson, Gary MacKay, Pieman Robinson were all complicit if not directly guilty. Bring it out into open rather than all this sympathy guff.
    Great point, absolutely no chance IMO of it happening.

Lord Foulkes of Urineshire

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Yup. I noticed. Genius.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Hate them with a passion but was undecided, but after reading a few threads of their's and this one, hope the arrogant smug f*nnies die horribly!!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Yup. I noticed. Genius.

Now that you've highlighted it...