hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Definitely. For no other reason than to annoy them.

Really childish and all that but never mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned. Webster can **** right off, we offered him a contract before and he chose to sign for that shower of cheating ****bags. I don't care if he would improve our defence, there's plenty other defenders who could improve our team without signing that ****

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Are we even talking to him again?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nae smoke withoot fire D
    Its pre-season, there's mare smoke than a students halls of residence, never much fire in comparison mind!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    As far as I'm concerned. Webster can **** right off, we offered him a contract before and he chose to sign for that shower of cheating ****bags. I don't care if he would improve our defence, there's plenty other defenders who could improve our team without signing that ****
    Opinions eh.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Would rather we went for someone else, if there are other options, can't stand the prick!

Left by mutual consent!
    That'll dae for me

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Really ? You would say based on last season that a good quality experienced center half is not something we should be looking at ?
    I trust you are not referring to Paul Halon's performances? He is definitely a weak link in our defence.....

.....having said that James McPake didn't exactly hit the same heights as he did when he first arrived and is an injury doubt so I'd take Webster and Wilson off them without losing too much sleep!! They are both very composed and would be great additions to the squad (albeit they've got Yam blood in them!)

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Would rather we went for someone else, if there are other options, can't stand the prick!
    Pretty much my feelings too. I think there are better options without the ugly maroon stain on his history

Am of the opinion we need to strengthen the centre of our defence [r/b as well], and the names being mentioned more often than not are McManus, Wilson and Webster. All three are good players , [irrespective of who they have played for]. McManus would be my first choice as he is a good, solid c/h who would organise our back 4 and be a "leader" on the pitch. Basically he is a "winner" and would be a stick-out in the SPL. 2nd choice is harder to pick for different reasons. Webster has experience, a proven record in the SPL and ticks most of the boxes that McManus does, - downside is his age, feel he is now on the downward spiral and was shown up on a few occasions last season [especial when Zaliukas wasn't there], he also turned us down two years ago and went to them [not a big deal to me but is to quite a few of our support]. Also has no sell-on value, but then again don't think McManus would have either. Wilson, showed an awful lot of promise during his Rangers days, however, didn't improve down south, in fact his form went into reverse. Don't think he has the experience/leadership qualities we desperately need just now, however would be a good addition with loads of potential and could command a sell-on in years to come. Bottom line : 1sr choice - McManus, 2nd - prob Webster then Wilson. Sign a decent c/h, r/b, two strikers and a tricky winger and we will have the makings of a really good squad/team for the season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Experience is important at CB. I think Webster would do alright if he had a speedy Forster beside him. Hanlon can be pushed to right back.

He shouldn't be paid any more than 2k a week thou.

Would provide a lot of experience to the likes of Forster coming through and get it right up the yams.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chump View Post
    I trust you are not referring to Paul Halon's performances? He is definitely a weak link in our defence.....

.....having said that James McPake didn't exactly hit the same heights as he did when he first arrived and is an injury doubt so I'd take Webster and Wilson off them without losing too much sleep!! They are both very composed and would be great additions to the squad (albeit they've got Yam blood in them!)
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Experience is important at CB. I think Webster would do alright if he had a speedy Forster beside him. Hanlon can be pushed to right back.

Would hate to see Hanlon play rights back for 2 reasons

1. Think he is really starting to play well at centre half and is first choice there atm

2. It's just asking for him to get slaughtered on here before he's even started

Agree with this. He was poor last season and IMO we shouldn't be topping up this hearts cants pension. Plenty more experienced defenders out there that we can afford should this be what Paddy is looking for.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Webster is a winner and the type of character that Hibs are crying out for. And the type of player the Yams can only dream of buying now

He is a good organiser with plenty experience which is what we are screaming out for in defence.Our defence was better last season than the previous few and we do have decent players but they need someone to sort them out as a unit on the park.If he stays clear of long term injury then he would be great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

Hanlon is not, never was and never will be a right back
    This is how it feels

Mibbe a wee bit paranoid here but could see him taking a wage and then being perma injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs;3648004[B
    ]Mibbe a wee bit paranoid here[/B] but could see him taking a wage and then being perma injured.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Hanlon is not, never was and never will be a right back
    He played there once - think it was against the Yams a couple of years ago. And based on that performance you are 100% correct.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    If Hearts are going down the tubes there is IMO no way Webster would sign for Hibs. The hassle he would get would be enormous.

Always liked him as a player however thought he was very poor in the last derby and as bad as I have seen him. Could still do a job if he is injury free.

Coaching Staff
    Can anyone name a better centre half we could afford? Maybe McManus but both would be excellent signings.

As much as I don't like Webster, him alongside Forster would be great for his development and would only be a good thing

For me it's about who would realistically come to play in the SPL and be within our budget.

Some positions are a higher priority than others.
    How confident are people in our current centre half options?
    Would an international squad player improve us?

Deals only need to be for a year to allow others to develop.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Mibbe a wee bit paranoid here but could see him taking a wage and then being perma injured.

So tie his wage to appearances doesn't play gets no pay

Quote Originally Posted by Chump View Post

What a well named poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Can anyone name a better centre half we could afford? Maybe McManus but both would be excellent signings.
    What's big Rob Jones up to these days?
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Definitely. For no other reason than to annoy them.

Really childish and all that but never mind.
    Yes, keep him as a squad player to encourage the youngsters.