hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can I get letters/numbers on a strip, at the Hearts shop?

Cos' as sure as hell, cant at the Hibs shop!!! on the day they started selling the new strip, guess what? ran oot o' letters for names. almost a week later, I was back, and again they've ran oot o' certain letters! sitting in the car raging,I saw a guy carrying a strip from the shop, and he told me he'd had the same **** fae them. disgraceful, and the attitude of the stuff is almost a shrug, maybe next week ,smile. and had this cant be bothered attitude for years in there.
    Last edited by MSK; 15-06-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Swear filter

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Happens every time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Frustrating as hell but not totally unexpected, either the shop manager is clueless or there is a problem with supplier every ****** year.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens every time.
    I phoned the 661 1875 number immediately and sounded like a shop staff couldnae be ersed person that answered, when I asked for a commercial person to raise a complaint with. I was told they would be open on Monday. can anyone tell me how to contact them ? or do I go to the desk and demand a manager? this is gettin' on my tits, big style as I feel that they don't give a flying fiddlers ****!!

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    you do realise buying numbers & letters from THEM is giving THEM money. be patient and give the money to US

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I phoned the 661 1875 number immediately and sounded like a shop staff couldnae be ersed person that answered, when I asked for a commercial person to raise a complaint with. I was told they would be open on Monday. can anyone tell me how to contact them ? or do I go to the desk and demand a manager? this is gettin' on my tits, big style as I feel that they don't give a flying fiddlers ****!!

PM coming your way..

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Can't buy kids socks smaller than 3-5 either!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzhfc View Post
    you do realise buying numbers & letters from THEM is giving THEM money. be patient and give the money to US
    don't be silly. I only mentioned them , to raise this issue. besides, they'd probably offer a player wi' every letter purchased. how patient do you think is a happy medium then? I waited a week for 1 letter, only to find that another is out of stock. gies a break, the shop is crap, the attitude is crap and I doubt if the have anyone actually in charge of the shop. the counter girls were havin ' a rare time though, trying on lovely pink tops as they took them oot o' boxes.

I believe they are open to any sensible offer for their numbers and letters...

Worth a try as they do have some of the best numbers and letters in Britain right now!

Quote Originally Posted by 3mT View Post
    I believe they are open to any sensible offer for their numbers and letters...

Worth a try as they do have some of the best numbers and letters in Britain right now!
    is this at tynie? probably got a fair stock i'd imagine. ER on the other hand, jist dinnae dae fair stock.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    PM coming your way..
    got it ta, now on the verge of calming down

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Isn't there other shops available that will put prints on the back of tops?

For something that's relatively straight forward, you'd think there would be a number of shops with this service.

Sorry yes. Tynie has plenty. Apparently it's the fans fault. They haven't bought as many numbers & letters as they hoped!

Cos' as sure as hell, cant at the Hibs shop!!! on the day they started selling the new strip, guess what? ran oot o' letters for names. almost a week later, I was back, and again they've ran oot o' certain letters! sitting in the car raging,I saw a guy carrying a strip from the shop, and he told me he'd had the same **** fae them. disgraceful, and the attitude of the stuff is almost a shrug, maybe next week ,smile. and had this cant be bothered attitude for years in there.
    Be careful what you ask for, they may try and palm you off with a player to go with the number!
    Last edited by MSK; 15-06-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Sorry yes. Tynie has plenty. Apparently it's the fans fault. They haven't bought as many numbers & letters as they hoped!
    I'm sorry too.I misunderstood your post, still ,It will be better when it becomes ONE CITY ONE SHOP . besides, they can get a FAIR amount when the shelves get cleared o'er by gorgie. thanks for your advice.

Are you wanting the shop staff just to go off on make some letters for you?? If there isnae any in there isnae any in!! They cant do anything about it apart from tell you when they will be in.

Its not the fault of the shop staff that Nike dont make babies/toddlers kits or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl shirts.

Its not the shop staff who decided when the kit launch would be or the shop staff who were responsible for advertising.

Its not the shop staff who made the initial orders for strips.

Its not the shop staff that set the prices!!

The shop made a ton of dough, like tens of thousands, in 3 days i'm led to believe - that gives you an idea of how busy its been and the demand for shirts and names.

If you want to piss and moan then mail the directors!
    Last edited by MSK; 15-06-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Isn't there other shops available that will put prints on the back of tops?

For something that's relatively straight forward, you'd think there would be a number of shops with this service.
    I tend to give my money to Hibernian, in most football related matters ,and when you buy a football strip, it's nice to go to the other counter and get names/numbers put on at source, rather than traipsing around the toon looking for someone else to do it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Are you wanting the shop staff just to go off on make some letters for you?? If there isnae any in there isnae any in!! They cant do anything about it apart from tell you when they will be in.

Its not the fault of the shop staff that Nike dont make babies/toddlers kits or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl shirts.

Its not the shop staff who decided when the kit launch would be or the shop staff who were responsible for advertising.

The shop made a ton of dough, like tens of thousands, in 3 days i'm led to believe - that gives you an idea of how busy its been and the demand for shirts and names.

And Breathe......

I think its not so much the lack of numbers but perceived lack of service that MH is peeved about (rightly) - a 'sorry sir don't have - can I take your details & requirements and call you when available'....that would be a reasonable response....

Football Nation on Lothian Rd does SPL numbers
    Last edited by MSK; 15-06-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Will i get a certificate if i pledge to buy some letters?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    PM coming your way..
    Pm was coming your way but says your not accepting?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I went to get my sons strip on Monday and they'd ran out of shorts. They're clearly not ordering enough if they run out after 2 days of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post

where did I mention any of the above, other than numbers? and the shop staff attitude(which is paramount imho). possibly, the shop did make a ton, but it looks in that case that they could have made a fair bit more if they didnae piss off innocent punters wishing to give more, but cannae! I will be contacting the appropriate person, that is in charge of merchandise sales and I will voice my opinion, hopefully with no response about pissing and moaning.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    poor show from the Hibs Shop I must admit however I think if you get down to the Hertz shop quick they still have several F's left, a selection of U's, some C's, a couple of K's, at least one E , two D's and hundreds of ?'s . Hope this eases your understandable frustration a bit

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange View Post
    Will i get a certificate if i pledge to buy some letters?
    Definately.

The brochure said so... :-)

did you know the shop manager is actually a jambo

in the hibs shop not the hertz one lol

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Nowt wrong with that, obviously job security was high on his/her list of priorities.

I would try the Hearts shop.

They'll probably let you pay it up over several months as well.

You'll only owe it to yourself anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post

in the hibs shop not the hertz one lol
    You sure about that???

Do you even know who runs the shop??
    Last edited by sambajustice; 16-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Anyway folks over the age of 40 shouldn't be wearing tops with names and numbers on them.