hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'd rather not quote .nets very own racist little englander (post 30)........Richie Gray played for 12 mins...he's scottish....... so get yer facts right bonzo

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Sproule Three's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Scots in the team for one reason!...maybe none good enough!...just like the football side? and personally could not care less if someone calls that boring, it certainly did not look boring from what i saw of it, especially the way it was won!, and anyone that wants to support the Aussies...well says it all really... thousands of miles away from Scotland....and just have to still take the same old Scottish narrow minded attitude and support someone else!...because it is named British...with no Scots in the side!!
    Thanks for your sanctimonious lecture .The game last week was a boring dirge. Last nights was good by recent standards in rugby union. If you think that a penalty kicking competition interrupted by 3 collopsed scrums is exciting it's your call. I much prefer watching league.
    I've lived in Sydney for a long time so why shouldn't I want the Aussies to win. I am Scottish and don't identify as British.Much more in common with the Aussies than the many upper class English toffs that have been prevalent in Sydney this week If thats too narrow minded for you .nae luck !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproule Three View Post
    Thanks for your sanctimonious lecture .The game last week was a boring dirge. Last nights was good by recent standards in rugby union. If you think that a penalty kicking competition interrupted by 3 collopsed scrums is exciting it's your call. I much prefer watching league.
    I've lived in Sydney for a long time so why shouldn't I want the Aussies to win. I am Scottish and don't identify as British.Much more in common with the Aussies than the many upper class English toffs that have been prevalent in Sydney this week If thats too narrow minded for you .nae luck !
    League's just a fancy game of British bulldogs. Guys that generally aren't good enough to play Union excel in League.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That's got me baffled, if i lived in Sydney for a long time, I would still want the British Lions to win against Australia. The only difference being I am English and you are Scottish, the Scottish anti British stance again I guess is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    That's got me baffled, if i lived in Sydney for a long time, I would still want the British Lions to win against Australia. The only difference being I am English and you are Scottish, the Scottish anti British stance again I guess is the reason.
    Reckon so. My wife and kids are Aussie(well kids obviously have Scots blood) . Makes sense that I'm happier for them getting a win rather than an English toff .
    I joked with many people when having similar conversation that there was more chance of a Scotsman playing for Australia than the Lions . The NSW State of Origin Rugby League team haas been selected and I've been proved right -;)
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...707-2pkbz.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    League's just a fancy game of British bulldogs. Guys that generally aren't good enough to play Union excel in League.
    Get the exact opposite view from the vast majority of people this side of the world.
    Opinions eh

@hibs.net private member
    Get the exact opposite view from the vast majority of people this side of the world.
    Opinions eh
    You find that - because they're better at League. looking at the facts though there aren't many who can go league to union and be a success, Robinson excepted I can't think of many...

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Alan Tait done well when he changed from union...to league...to union again :)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Alan Tait done well when he changed from union...to league...to union again :)
    Union to League's been done plenty times. It's the other way that they struggle - less basic skills in League I reckon.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 07-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Thanks for your sanctimonious lecture. The game last week was a boring dirge. Last nights was good by recent standards in rugby union. If you think that a penalty kicking competition interrupted by 3 collapsed scrums is exciting it's your call. I much prefer watching league.

I've lived in Sydney for a long time so why shouldn't I want the Aussies to win. I am Scottish and don't identify as British.Much more in common with the Aussies than the many upper class English toffs that have been prevalent in Sydney this week If that's too narrow minded for you .nae luck !

Not taking sides here, but I agree about league - much better game to watch IMO. Calling it "glorified British Bulldog" simply betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of the sport. There's also a very basic snobbery attached to RU in the UK which turns me off. I'm told that that's all changed, but I don't think so.

I really don't care how many Scots are or aren't in the Lions team - there haven't been all that many Scots in the "Scotland" team the past few years (decades?). RU has become as commercially-moulded a package sport as any these days - you just have to look at the composition of international sides like Scotland and Italy. I don't know if you guys saw the same trailer for the Lions Tour as we had on our TV - I assume so, since it was on SKY - but I thought it was embarrassing kitsch, and as good an argument of sending all the advertising blokes off in a space-ship to the other side of the galaxy as I've seen.

As Scot, I tend to support other countries against England in all varieties of football, England against others in cricket except for the Ashes (though I have no hopes of anything good this series, I'm afraid) and individual sportsmen and women I watch and root for entirely regardless of nationality of ethnicity.

But there are reasons why Scots (and a whole lot of other nationalities) don't root for English teams - and it's not because we're all jealous of their almighty greatness and majesty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Not taking sides here, but I agree about league - much better game to watch IMO. Calling it "glorified British Bulldog" simply betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of the sport. There's also a very basic snobbery attached to RU in the UK which turns me off. I'm told that that's all changed, but I don't think so.

I really don't care how many Scots are or aren't in the Lions team - there haven't been all that many Scots in the "Scotland" team the past few years (decades?). RU has become as commercially-moulded a package sport as any these days - you just have to look at the composition of international sides like Scotland and Italy. I don't know if you guys saw the same trailer for the Lions Tour as we had on our TV - I assume so, since it was on SKY - but I thought it was embarrassing kitsch, and as good an argument of sending all the advertising blokes off in a space-ship to the other side of the galaxy as I've seen.

As Scot, I tend to support other countries against England in all varieties of football, England against others in cricket except for the Ashes (though I have no hopes of anything good this series, I'm afraid) and individual sportsmen and women I watch and root for entirely regardless of nationality of ethnicity.

But there are reasons why Scots (and a whole lot of other nationalities) don't root for English teams - and it's not because we're all jealous of their almighty greatness and majesty.
    I've played both codes and spectated at both and league is definitely British bulldogs with a ball. If you just watch on tv it may look more exciting, if you prefer the tactical and technical side as well you'd prefer union.

It's almost like t20 v test cricket.