hibs.net Messageboard

Hibeernian AFC: the team that wouldn't die

Well, after our hero Mr Einstein helping us out of our predicament at the 11th hour I think its time to get back on track and set the foundations to move forward.

This messageboard will be used much more regularly to communicate with players, interested trialists and basically anyone who would like to contact us.

BUT, these day as we are part of an official SAFA registered team, absolutely no slanderous chat of any sort, against any team, individual, referee or anyone at all as this will get us hauled through to Hampden on a disciplinary. Any such behavior of this sort will result in the individual responsible being fined heavily by Hibeernian AFC as well as whatever fine may be made by our association or governing body!

All registered players will be expected to attend all training sessions and games other than for exeptional circunstances. If you have commitments, rearrange them, if you work...change it, if you can't then you are unable to commit to amateur football! That may sound harsh, but really what other activity could you be part of where you didnt have to give it the commitment it needed? (note: this is why I personally took a step back both in playing terms and the leadership roles).

monthly fees of £20 per player wil be collected at the begining of each month. This equates to £5 per week. As you are agreeing to be part of a CLUB, club members will be expected to pay their fees. This should ensure that the club remains financialy afloat and that all costs can be met. with everyone paying their monthly fees, all training and games would be covered meaning that it works out being cheaper by half than it normaly works out to be (usually £5 per game and training would be £40 each month). If a player is unable to attend training, then he has forfeited his fee so to speak. the £20 per month fee does not guarantee you to play every week. squad choice will still be at the coach/managers selection!

a list of preseason friendlies is being compiled and will be published here and on our website in the near future. www.hibeernian.co.uk
    we will also be drawing up a list of preseason training sessions, all players and invited trialists will be expected to attend. These sessions will be challenging fitness wise and will be designed to push you. be warned!!

all interested trialists please contact us via email at hibeernianafc@hotmail.co.uk with your name, age, position and previous clubs and experience.

thats all for now folks....more to follow later!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, after our hero Mr Einstein helping us out of our predicament at the 11th hour I think its time to get back on track and set the foundations to move forward.

This messageboard will be used much more regularly to communicate with players, interested trialists and basically anyone who would like to contact us.

BUT, these day as we are part of an official SAFA registered team, absolutely no slanderous chat of any sort, against any team, individual, referee or anyone at all as this will get us hauled through to Hampden on a disciplinary. Any such behavior of this sort will result in the individual responsible being fined heavily by Hibeernian AFC as well as whatever fine may be made by our association or governing body!

All registered players will be expected to attend all training sessions and games other than for exeptional circunstances. If you have commitments, rearrange them, if you work...change it, if you can't then you are unable to commit to amateur football! That may sound harsh, but really what other activity could you be part of where you didnt have to give it the commitment it needed? (note: this is why I personally took a step back both in playing terms and the leadership roles).

monthly fees of £20 per player wil be collected at the begining of each month. This equates to £5 per week. As you are agreeing to be part of a CLUB, club members will be expected to pay their fees. This should ensure that the club remains financialy afloat and that all costs can be met. with everyone paying their monthly fees, all training and games would be covered meaning that it works out being cheaper by half than it normaly works out to be (usually £5 per game and training would be £40 each month). If a player is unable to attend training, then he has forfeited his fee so to speak. the £20 per month fee does not guarantee you to play every week. squad choice will still be at the coach/managers selection!

a list of preseason friendlies is being compiled and will be published here and on our website in the near future. www.hibeernian.co.uk
    we will also be drawing up a list of preseason training sessions, all players and invited trialists will be expected to attend. These sessions will be challenging fitness wise and will be designed to push you. be warned!!

all interested trialists please contact us via email at hibeernianafc@hotmail.co.uk with your name, age, position and previous clubs and experience.

thats all for now folks....more to follow later!
    So I can't say **** the Hertz?

That's allowed, as there is no such team anymore so no one to take offence.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    May I also suggest opening up training for those not actually interested in playing Sundays? Like I used to enjoy the training back in the day with a good bunch of lads but was aware of my limitations as a player, this would allow you to take £3-5 quid towards funds. Dunno if this would be a logistic nightmare but just an idea going forward. Loved my brief time with the beers and still have my least goals lost in an 11s game record of 3 while playing for them ( that says more about me than it does about the beers )
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I'm catching up with the other boys tonight. We're gonna talk over various ideas and suggestions an this kind of thing was on my mind. Good idea....glad I thought of it

Last edited by Mister P; 14-06-2013 at 03:08 PM.