hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done Viking ... takes a big man to apologise.

On the OP.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around Edinburgh. At Hampden on Sunday there were a few black and Asian folk supporting Hibs, but it has to be said that Hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at ER to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is Green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti Muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no Hibernian Football Club.
    A FULL AND HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ' VIVA PALMEIRAS.

I have had a PM from Viva Palmeiras pointing out to me that the above quote which is now correctly attributed to 'mmmmhibby' had been erroneously attributed to him by me when I first posted this comment.

Sorry Viva ... it was a genuine error on my part and I truly am sorry if I caused any hurt or offence. I will try to be more carefull next time. Sorry one again.

Bovril

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighLoyal View Post
    No we don't.

Nobody should have a problem with Muslims as people, which is where this fan was out of order, but challenging Islam is a must. People like ex Hamas youth leader Mosab Yousef say the truth that stupid, weak politicians in this country don't want to hear. I'll let incredibly brave people like him educate fools like Nick Clegg and co.
    Hang on. What? are you trying to defend the behavour the OP described in some way? You don't have a problem with muslims but you have a problem with their religion? Challenging extremism is a must, but that goes for extremism of every type not just Islam. I don't care for religious zealots of any hue and just looking at Glasgow and the West of Scotland is a good reason for that.

And anyway, how is shouting obnoxious abuse rationally challenging anything? It's just being obnoxious.

I have had a PM from Viva Palmeiras pointing out to me that the above quote which is now correctly attributed to 'mmmmhibby' had been erroneously attributed to him by me when I first posted this comment.

Sorry Viva ... it was a genuine error on my part and I truly am sorry if I caused any hurt or offence. I will try to be more carefull next time. Sorry one again.

Bovril
    oh saucy!!!

And wheres the thread regarding the song that I heard about Ngoo. Heard it a lot to be fair, outside the ground. Yet no thread. Baffling Eh?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    And wheres the thread regarding the song that I heard about Ngoo. Heard it a lot to be fair, outside the ground. Yet no thread. Baffling Eh?
    What song did you hear about ngoo? If its the one that was being sung at the pbs then that's not a racist song in anyway

who said that i thought this was acceptable??? I stated my opinion on this matter, and thought it was best to move on. Its called freedom of speech in case you havent noticed.
    I never said you thought it was acceptable:

Your post suggested that you thought that the OPs decision to bring up the subject of what he saw wasnt worth bothering about and as you can see from the replies on this board a fair number of us do not agree with that point of view. That is why I quoted you in my post, not because I thought you agreed with the guy he was posting about.

oh saucy!!!

I never said you thought it was acceptable:

Your post suggested that you thought that the OPs decision to bring up the subject of what he saw wasnt worth bothering about and as you can see from the replies on this board a fair number of us do not agree with that point of view. That is why I quoted you in my post, not because I thought you agreed with the guy he was posting about.
    fair play sir.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Shut it sweaty.
    Thats how Hitler started! ;-)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Thats how Hitler started! ;-)

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Bovril
    Thanks Bov apology accepted. We can all make honest mistakes and onr eflection my initial observation was made in the wrong place. I condemn any form or racism and bigotry.
    it was thoroughly decent of you to thoughtfully respond both here and in PM and for that you have my respect.
    Now lets do the yams in the East of Scotland shield ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    ...in which case, we should be reclaiming it in the same way the P words and the N word are.
    Having being called Jockanese and worse while at English University as laddish banter, that's exactly what I was doing. Anyway, Jocko rhymes with Morocco, the only reason why I used it.

Most Muslims I know don't like Hamas, they are a Muslim Brotherhood, literalist group who see the world in black and white. They were also initially funded by Mossad (Israeli secret service) don't you know. So no offense taken, as they don't represent Islam across the globe. I am a Sufi Muslim like the vast majority of world's Muslim traditions, Sufis are fighting against al-Shabab terrorists successfully in Somalia, but you don't hear that on the news. Instead, our government is wanting to arm extremists in Syria. Funny that, given what I just posted about Mossad and Hamas. That's what needs to be challenged, not a distorted and false understanding of Islam.

Admins, Isn't this veering towards the non-football discussion board?

Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post
    Having being called Jockanese and worse while at English University as laddish banter, that's exactly what I was doing. Anyway, Jocko rhymes with Morocco, the only reason why I used it.

Most Muslims I know don't like Hamas, they are a Muslim Brotherhood, literalist group who see the world in black and white. They were also initially funded by Mossad (Israeli secret service) don't you know. So no offense taken, as they don't represent Islam across the globe. I am a Sufi Muslim like the vast majority of world's Muslim traditions, Sufis are fighting against al-Shabab terrorists successfully in Somalia, but you don't hear that on the news. Instead, our government is wanting to arm extremists in Syria. Funny that, given what I just posted about Mossad and Hamas. That's what needs to be challenged, not a distorted and false understanding of Islam.

I agree. Well said. I think it is widely accepted what is and is not acceptable behaviour. Are we really a club that has or wants a reputation for this sort of stuff? One or two individuals who want to chant something for whatever reason shouldn't really create this amount of debate. Can we move on and talk about football please?

Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post

Indeed it is ..