hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    A lot of dreams on here I had 1 that hibs won 2-1 aet Celtic battered us throughout, take it anyday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3-1 Hibs in one of the biggest upsets since Partick/Celts. We'll all be pinching ourselves as Leigh gets a breakaway killer 3rd with 15 mins to go. CFC throw everything at us and manage to get one back with 5 left but Williams is outstanding and makes two match-winning stops in the dying minutes. The whistle blows and the Hibs end goes into meltdown. And for the rest of your life you'll be able to say in a quiet, understated, Hibs Class way..."I was there".
    Love this. I dont think football will ever have seen such an outpouring of emotion if we win it. Alas my head says 4-0 Celtic

Won't mind being slagged off if I'm wrong and we win...but 5-0 celtc. We become the first team in consecutive Cup Finals to lose both by a combined double figure score. How bad is that?

If I had to put my mortgage on a score it would be Hibs 1, Septic 3.

Since I don't, Septic will dominate possession and play most of the game in our half. However Griffiths will score with a free kick on 62 minutes, then break to set up Harris for the winner in 70 minutes. :pfgwa
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

We need something extra to increase our and importantly the team's confidence. On effect we need an edge, something that gives us all a little more belief and shows us one or two players can perform much much better than we expected e.g. Done rips a team apart, handling scores a double or a sparkling display by Cairney.

We need a good couple of wins. A derby win would be a massive boost.

Deep down I fear we won't see much of the above and end up drawing v St Mirren and Killie, losing to yams and winning against a relegated Dundee. And then we go into final based purely on hope and Leigh Griffiths.

Right now as OP asked I would say 2-0 Celtic. Hopefully we can see some new life and new sparks to give us more than just hope.

You only need to look at celtic to see that anything is possible. Who honestly thought they'd beat Barca? If they can beat them then, we can beat them, as we've already proven this year. So long as we dont play like we did against them last time, we've got a chance.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Had a dream a few nights ago that we won 1-0 aet. Tim Clancy scored winning goal after 95 mins!
    Dreams have a nasty habit of not coming true.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    My only prediction is that it will be a sell out

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You only need to look at celtic to see that anything is possible. Who honestly thought they'd beat Barca? If they can beat them then, we can beat them, as we've already proven this year. So long as we dont play like we did against them last time, we've got a chance.
    Then that would make us better than Barca, so if we win against Celtic we are 100% guaranteed to win the Europa League next season.

FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    hope scott brown makes it as he wont be match fit so he could have a few dodgy tackles get him sent off and we have 11 against 10 , the cup will be ours
    exactly the way I see it. ! hope I'm entirely right, and everyone and their dug, with the exception of Hibernian fans goes on to say Celtic were cheated in a paranoid sort of way .

we've beaten Barca!!??

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    Won't mind being slagged off if I'm wrong and we win...but 5-0 celtc. We become the first team in consecutive Cup Finals to lose both by a combined double figure score. How bad is that?
    Cool with that, Hibs continue to make history and Hearts are condemned to it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    1-0

Kuqi header in the 119th minute

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    1-0

Daffy Duck's wet dream
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    A winner for Hibs from anyone in the 111th minute has got to be a shout. :-)
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    We will score early. First 15 mins and hang on for the 1 goal victory.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    If it's gonna be our day, let's do a "Partick Thistle" (4-1)

Left by mutual consent!
    It's going to be messy and the weegie cops will do all in their power to spoil my day
    GGTTH
    1-0 Sparky

As we have seen this year anything can happen. We have played they 3 times W1 L1 D 1 this season. It who turns up on the day thy counts. If the second half team turn up am going 2-1 for the first team to wear green. If that team font turn up we're doomed.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    we've beaten Barca!!??
    This season? Must have missed that :)

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    1-0

If Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, it'll be a toss up between me collapsing from either overcelebration or laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    If Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, it'll be a toss up between me collapsing from either overcelebration or laughter.
    No danger. Kuqi wont even be in the squad.

No danger. Kuqi wont even be in the squad.
    If by some strange twist of fate he is in the squad and did score the winner, he would be have a cult following for years to come no questions asked.

For that matter if anyone were to score the winner they would go in Hibs history for ever, no matter what they did before or after.

GGTTH

2-2 aet

Celtic take the lead through Commons after 12 mins, Griffiths levels it just before half time. Hanlon header from a corner puts us in lead after 67 minutes but then bloody Stokes scores in the 83rd min to make it 2-2.

in extra time Celtic are all over Hibs but we somehow keep them out.

Hibs win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    I know there is still over 4 weeks and 4 more games before the final, and anything could happen regarding injuries/suspensions before the 26th of May. But what do people think the score will be?

We already have an advantage with Wanyama and Kayal (his natural replacement) suspended but lets be honest, Celtic are firm favourites for this game. I am slightly concerned that this years cup run is remarkably similar to last years, we played several teams this year that we played last year and we will face our first top 6 SPL side of the tournament in the final. However I'm definetely feeling a lot more positive about it this year and will go out and enjoy the day to its fullest - win or lose, without the worry of a pink parade after the game.

2-1 Hibs aet with Harris and Sparky with our 2 goals. Although this depends heavily on the good hibs turning up and Celtic bottling it like they have done so many times at Hampden under Neil Lennon

Going to get a quote from the bookies on Hibs to win 4-2, Goalscorers Leighx2, Doyle and Harris/Wotherspoon.

Although i'm truly not expecting Hibs to win (after last season) so going to turn up and enjoy the whole occasion like I did in 2001.

p.s. Hibby's... make sure our Sunshine on Leith is better and louder than their YNWA before kick off!!!!
    Last edited by JustSimplyHibs; 27-04-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    2-2 aet

Celtic take the lead through Commons after 12 mins, Griffiths levels it just before half time. Hanlon header from a corner puts us in lead after 67 minutes but then bloody Stokes scores in the 83rd min to make it 2-2.

in extra time Celtic are all over Hibs but we somehow keep them out.

Hibs win on penalties.
    I dont think I will be able to cope in a situ like this. Being just over 30 weeks pregnant on cup final day is going to be tough.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    I dont think I will be able to cope in a situ like this. Being just over 30 weeks pregnant on cup final day is going to be tough.
    You would have to call the baby after which ever Celtc player missed the deciding penalty. Either that or after big Ben.

can't see it happening, but if for some reason it does go to penalties then I think Celtic will bottle it.

Coaching Staff
    Heart says 1-0/2-1 to the Hibs.

Head says we'll get pumped 3-0/4-0.

It just depends which Hibs team show up. If it's the one we've been seeing of late then it's not going to be a fun afternoon.