hibs.net Messageboard

In laws at Easter

Anyone else suffering from this terrible affliction mother in law been at the Bollah house for 24 hours and im already on the edge of madness.

Ive not looked forward to a trip to Easter Road so much in ages

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Heading home to see both sets of parents over the weekend so I share your pain.

They've already had a bit of a spat between themselves as both had planned to take me and Mrs TSSF out for dinner as a means of celebrating me getting my PhD as neither set has seen us since.

Happy Easter, eh?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Bin the Mrs. Problem solved.

I mean, when did it become the cultural norm for me to open my doors to someone i have nothing in common with? Eat my food, drink my wine, bore me with their ****ing boring stories about why o2 customer service is better than vodaphones for 30 ****ing minutes without pausing for breath

You wouldnt do it for your bosses parents, so why is it expected for your wife's parents?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've no problem with my in-laws (we're going there for a family meal on Monday). Their knocking on a bit and the conversation can sometimes be excruciatingly boring, but they're good people.

They're also very handy as I have a key to their place and often doss in one of their spare rooms when I've drunk to much to drive home.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean, when did it become the cultural norm for me to open my doors to someone i have nothing in common with? Eat my food, drink my wine, bore me with their ****ing boring stories about why o2 customer service is better than vodaphones for 30 ****ing minutes without pausing for breath

You wouldnt do it for your bosses parents, so why is it expected for your wife's parents?

Your wife's father has just posted a similar thread on another message board! He rants on about Easter and having to visit his daughter who's husband is a tight git, begrudges them a decent glass of wine and fecks off to the football during the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Your wife's father has just posted a similar thread on another message board! He rants on about Easter and having to visit his daughter who's husband is a tight git, begrudges them a decent glass of wine and fecks off to the football during the weekend.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Anyone else suffering from this terrible affliction mother in law been at the Bollah house for 24 hours and im already on the edge of madness.

Ive not looked forward to a trip to Easter Road so much in ages
    Well I sympathise with you. Whenever the wife told me that her mother was coming over to see us I used to say "Can she no just send a photo instead"?

By the way I love your weather reports on the Match Updates. Keep up the good work Mr Bollah.