hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The canon balls ..Bowls size 7.jpg ..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Started the season off with a good 7-2 home win against Queensberry last night. After throwing away a good start, yours truly drew a 3rd shot with the last bowl of the game to win 17-16 and turn a 5-4 in to 7-2

Good game, which it always is against Queensberry, got a lot of time for the lads from that club.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Last night I played with a size 2 H set I loaned just to see how I got on, will try size 3 and then a size 4 in coming weeks before I decide what to do. Must admit I felt much more comfortable last night with my delivery and played not too bad. Felt more like my old crown green bowls in the hand so definately a downsize to a new set once I've decide on actual size.

First game yest in tricky conditions...won 30-2 in the Scottish 4 bowl pairs first round with ends to spare ..play second round against the current champions on Thurs night then first round of the 2 bowl pairs on Sat afternoon ..

Managed to squeeze in to the semi-final of the District 14 Bowls Scotland last night. Was playing against the Wardie champ at Seafield (never saw big Stu) and think that was the first time I have ever won a game on that green.
    Playing at Tanfield next week, another green I have never won a game on

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Managed to squeeze in to the semi-final of the District 14 Bowls Scotland last night. Was playing against the Wardie champ at Seafield (never saw big Stu) and think that was the first time I have ever won a game on that green.
    Playing at Tanfield next week, another green I have never won a game on
    stick in on Tuesday Mike. Will be chuffed for you if you can get through to the final!

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    stick in on Tuesday Mike. Will be chuffed for you if you can get through to the final!
    Really looking forward to OUR FINAL tomorrow Andrew, although it's going to be a bit wet looking at the forecast.
    HIBERNIAN GREEN AND WHITE RIBBONS ON ONE CUP THIS YEAR

Really looking forward to OUR FINAL tomorrow Andrew, although it's going to be a bit wet looking at the forecast.
    As am I Mike! Just a pity we couldn't get away with playing with Hibs stickers!

As am I Mike! Just a pity we couldn't get away with playing with Hibs stickers!

Congratulations to Andrew, who gave me an absolute hammering in the final of the District 14 Bowls Scotland singles final.
    Stick in at Ayr mate

Congratulations to Andrew, who gave me an absolute hammering in the final of the District 14 Bowls Scotland singles final.
    Stick in at Ayr mate
    Well done Andrew for stuffing that Northern.netter ...

Unlucky Mike & well done in getting to the final mate ..

Stick in at Ayr mate
    thanks Mike. I don't think the scoreline reflects the game as you were lying shot most ends and I was fortunate enough to change them. congratulations on your run to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    thanks Mike. I don't think the scoreline reflects the game as you were lying shot most ends and I was fortunate enough to change them. congratulations on your run to the final.
    When are you getting your Scotland call up Andrew ?.....

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    When are you getting your Scotland call up Andrew ?.....
    only really good players get that chance Kenny! long ago accepted that I don't fall in that bracket!

Playing Whitehouse & Grange tonight in the top 5 singles at the Northern. This is my first singles game since Tanfield murdered me in the Scottish final, can't say I am confident

So how did the season go for everyone? Any champs kicking around ?

So how did the season go for everyone? Any champs kicking around ?
    Lost semis of triples ..& semis of Scottish pairs ..play in final of 2 bowl pairs next Sunday ..

Re-joined Jewel in Esk league for final 5 games of season ..relegated to Div 4 ..

Lost semis of triples ..& semis of Scottish pairs ..play in final of 2 bowl pairs next Sunday ..

Re-joined Jewel in Esk league for final 5 games of season ..relegated to Div 4 ..
    Decent season then Kenny. I couldn't get myself interested this year, especially after Andrew gave me in a lesson in the final of the Scottish singles.
    Not been enjoying the bowling for a year or three now and think I will make this season my last one and let the bowls gather dust for a wee while.

Decent season then Kenny. I couldn't get myself interested this year, especially after Andrew gave me in a lesson in the final of the Scottish singles.
    Not been enjoying the bowling for a year or three now and think I will make this season my last one and let the bowls gather dust for a wee while.
    Not bad Mike but to be fair my young partner has carried me through a couple of rounds. Hopefully lady luck is smiling this time as a few seasons ago I got beat in the final partnering my current partners elder Brother ..I haven't played any single hands this year & pretty much like yourself Ive lost my enthusiasm for the game & that pretty much happened when my mentor, best friend & Father in Law passed away. Win or lose I am "jacking" it in for a while..

Not bad Mike but to be fair my young partner has carried me through a couple of rounds. Hopefully lady luck is smiling this time as a few seasons ago I got beat in the final partnering my current partners elder Brother ..I haven't played any single hands this year & pretty much like yourself Ive lost my enthusiasm for the game & that pretty much happened when my mentor, best friend & Father in Law passed away. Win or lose I am "jacking" it in for a while..
    Bowls always gets portrayed as 'an auld mans' game' yet the older I get, the less enthusiastic I am about playing. They young team that are ion the game now are very good and very competitive, which I love to see, problem for me is, I'm losing my competitive edge.

Good luck in the final mate, go out a winner.

Bowls always gets portrayed as 'an auld mans' game' yet the older I get, the less enthusiastic I am about playing. They young team that are ion the game now are very good and very competitive, which I love to see, problem for me is, I'm losing my competitive edge.

Good luck in the final mate, go out a winner.
    Thanks Mike, will give it my best ..

Yer bang on about the young & old ..the Jewel struggle to get a "senior" team out on a Tues now because the old yins are not interested, there are plenty at the club but they just don't want tae play bowls ..I asked an auld mucker at the club why he doesn't bowl any more ..he said " Och ..its a young mans game nowadays, ah cannae keep up wi them" ...there ye go ..