hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage

My Chemical Romance split up

What are people's opinions? Mine is that they are my favourite band and I was lucky enough to see them 14 times. I'm guessing most will be of the opposite viewpoint.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I really liked the Black Parade when it first came out. Unfortunately I didn't get to see them live - and will always remember them coming on stage before Slayer at Download and being bottled!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really liked the Black Parade when it first came out. Unfortunately I didn't get to see them live - and will always remember them coming on stage before Slayer at Download and being bottled!
    I remember that too, it was pretty funny, they just kept on playing and were goading the crowd to do it more I seem to recall. That was the infamous Download where all the 'emo' bands got pelted with bottles and Brendan Urie of Panic! At The Disco got hit in the head with a glass bottle and was knocked out, but he carried on after he came round. My Chemical Romance were always brilliant live, they were very theatrical and seemed like a genuine band for the fans and fed off the energy the fans produced. If you ask me they were very underrated. The set at Reading when they headlined was probably their pinnacle and they played with Brian May too for We Will Rock You and Welcome to the Black Parade.

Here is the opener to the show:

Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    It was after Slayer IIRC which made it worse.

I see the channel Scuzz were doing an "RIP MCR" hour. I have it on record but I'm tempted to order the Black Parade again - brought back a lot of pre-University memories!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    What are people's opinions? Mine is that they are my favourite band and I was lucky enough to see them 14 times. I'm guessing most will be of the opposite viewpoint.
    I loved "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" and "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" but they deteriorated as a band for me when they embraced their sudden popularity and started to meddle with classic rock influences, moving away from what made them great on their first 2 albums. The Black Parade was probably their worst album IMO and everything I've heard them release since has been in the same vein.

They isolated their older fans and started to morph their sound and image to appeal to a new market (which you can't blame them for doing - they were, afterall, trying to maximise their potential fanbase and resultant income) and for me personally, My Chemical Romance died once they released Black Parade.

Shame as when I seen them touring "I Brought You My Bullets..." they were an excellent melodic/hardcore band. They didn't have their best performance when I seen them during their "Three Cheers..." tour but they were a reasonable live act.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I loved "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" and "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" but they deteriorated as a band for me when they embraced their sudden popularity and started to meddle with classic rock influences, moving away from what made them great on their first 2 albums. The Black Parade was probably their worst album IMO and everything I've heard them release since has been in the same vein.

They isolated their older fans and started to morph their sound and image to appeal to a new market (which you can't blame them for doing - they were, afterall, trying to maximise their potential fanbase and resultant income) and for me personally, My Chemical Romance died once they released Black Parade.

Shame as when I seen them touring "I Brought You My Bullets..." they were an excellent melodic/hardcore band. They didn't have their best performance when I seen them during their "Three Cheers..." tour but they were a reasonable live act.
    I felt a bit like that with Eminem... When I first started listening to him he was rapping about trailer park trash, drugs and alcohol - I could relate to a lot of the Slim Shady LP and some of the Marshall Mathers LP - however, after that I felt he became too much of a pop star..

Ganting band. Did see them once at Meadowbank supporting Muse though...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Ganting band. Did see them once at Meadowbank supporting Muse though...