hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar

Elite League Ice Hockey - visiting Scotland

I thought this was a very decent and fair report with some insightful views on British hockey currently. It's a write-up of Nottingham Panthers road trip to play Dundee, Edinburgh and Fife over three days last weekend. It's by a pal of mine here in Nottingham, who is a big Nottingham Panthers fan.

A Scottish Reflection
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was a very decent and fair report with some insightful views on British hockey currently. It's a write-up of Nottingham Panthers road trip to play Dundee, Edinburgh and Fife over three days last weekend. It's by a pal of mine here in Nottingham, who is a big Nottingham Panthers fan.

A Scottish Reflection
    I've read and watched quite a bit of your pals stuff Stu and it's very good. He also says that Kirkcaldy is his favourite rink, so he is also clearly a man of impeccable taste!

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    He's done pretty well with a few things over a while. Used to produce a really good paper fanzine originally also under 'The Cat's Whiskers' name. Moved on to a good blog and live text commentary from the game and now this TV venture. Imaginative and a good service for the fans.

Jono, like me, will have a lot of time for the Fife club in general I'd say. I think there are a few parallels between the Flyers and the Nottingham club over the years. Many of us went to the Autumn Cup final at the NEC between the two teams years ago and made some good pals there that day. I think there's always been a decent mutual respect between the clubs. I've many happy memories of seeing some fantastic Fife Imports going back to the 1980s.

Great to see the Flyers back in the fold, they should never have been away.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown