hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If fit affordable and Fenlon thinks he can do a job, would you want him back?

Voters
543. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

477 87.85%
  • No

66 12.15%
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny Millar@Kenny_MillarGreat catch by @McGregorDerek in today's @scotsunsport about Kevin Thomson training back at Hibs. That one's sure to divide opinion
    Really encouraging news. The only way these days that a club of our size can sign someone of Kevin's ability is due to age, injury or some such thing. Pat Fenlon won't sign KT or anyone else unless he thinks they can improve the team so we need to trust that. If Kevin can play at anywhere near his old ability level he would be a great signing.

Ok - so we all fell out six or seven years ago - but we're alll adults and maybe we'd all do some things differently given a second chance. No-one doubts the fact that Kevin is a strong Hibs supporter either. If he can get fit and impress Pat at East Mains it would be fantastic if we could get him signed IMHO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    No thanks, He can **** off to Murray park and use the cheaters training facilities.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Really encouraging news. The only way these days that a club of our size can sign someone of Kevin's ability is due to age, injury or some such thing. Pat Fenlon won't sign KT or anyone else unless he thinks they can improve the team so we need to trust that. If Kevin can play at anywhere near his old ability level he would be a great signing.

Ok - so we all fell out six or seven years ago - but we're alll adults and maybe we'd all do some things differently given a second chance. No-one doubts the fact that Kevin is a strong Hibs supporter either. If he can get fit and impress Pat at East Mains it would be fantastic if we could get him signed IMHO.

Usual OTT garbage by some on here.

This - but we don't need ANOTHER CM!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    No thanks, He can **** off to Murray park and use the cheaters training facilities.
    Eh

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This - but we don't need ANOTHER CM!
    He's probably as close to Claros as we'd get though and he might only be with us for a few more months? Agree its not a desperate need right now but you always have to be thinking of the next few years too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He's probably as close to Claros as we'd get though and he might only be with us for a few more months? Agree its not a desperate need right now but you always have to be thinking of the next few years too.
    Totally agree Andy. I think KT is a superb player - but if there's scope in the budget for another player or two, I'd rather it was used to adreess the need we have in the short-term eg wide and upfront.

@hibs.net private member
    Poor man's Tom Taiwo

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    I'd be happy to have any new signing if they improve Hibs. If its KT then so be it.

It wouldn't change my opinion that he is a bit of a **** though

Thing is, I am just not sure what he offers nowadays. I thought Katie would end up in the Premiership but his general fragility put paid to that. If he's afraid to get kicked he won't be good enough even for the SPL.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was disappointed by his behaviour at time of leaving Hibs but he was young and naive and no matter what was a very talented player. If he is injury free and fit he is a better player than anything we have in midfield at the moment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    The word down these parts is that he is thinking about packing in.
    I would guess he has asked for training facilities to keep fit till he makes that decision.
    If he wants to keep fit then spending his days at East Mains playing pool and poker with the Hibs players is not going to help him. He'd be better going down the local baths.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hope we manage to get him signed up. My fav player from Mowbray's days and couldn't care less about the way he left us. We got £2M+ ffs. Payers move on, deal with it!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Hope we manage to get him signed up. My fav player from Mowbray's days and couldn't care less about the way he left us. We got £2M+ ffs. Payers move on, deal with it!
    I think most rational supporters accept that players move on, however the lack of respect shown to the club, the manager, his team mates and the supporters by KT is what rankles. I wouldn't object to him coming back on the basis on how he left. I'm just not convinced he would add much to the squad and would take up a wage.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    After the disrespect he showed each and every single one of us and the club, I really can't see the club allowing the use of our facilities UNLESS we are looking to sign him.

Fans are fickle and will forgive. We forgave Murray for his antics whilst at Castle Greyskull. If the Merricks can forgive their public enemy number 1, Andy Webster, then I'm sure we will forgive Katie.

Personally, I was furious at the way Katie AND Scott Brown behaved and disrespected us however, if he can prove his fitness then I would be happy for him to sign. I wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and welcoming him as a prodigal son though. I'd give him the opportunity to prove himself through his performances and attitude on the park.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I hope he's seeing our players all right for cash. Poor wee lambs.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    After the disrespect he showed each and every single one of us and the club, I really can't see the club allowing the use of our facilities UNLESS we are looking to sign him.

Fans are fickle and will forgive. We forgave Murray for his antics whilst at Castle Greyskull. If the Merricks can forgive their public enemy number 1, Andy Webster, then I'm sure we will forgive Katie.

Personally, I was furious at the way Katie AND Scott Brown behaved and disrespected us however, if he can prove his fitness then I would be happy for him to sign. I wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and welcoming him as a prodigal son though. I'd give him the opportunity to prove himself through his performances and attitude on the park.
    Great post and agree entirely

Sign him up.

In a league that's so tight every point is a prisoner and anything that is in our power to improve our chances must be grabbed with both hands. That's all that matters at the end of the day.
    Space to let

I really dont care whats went on in the past with KT from a moral / supporter standpoint.

The only question should be is if he is still anything like the player he was around 22 / 23. If the answer is yes then a deal to the end of the season similar to McFadden does no harm at all IMO.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    You know if there is any mileage in it?!
    Players are off today, AFAIK he hasn't been but will come back on if I hear any different.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro

I think Kuqi was signed for the same reasons, Pat must have seen the clips on youtube.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    I really dont care whats went on in the past with KT from a moral / supporter standpoint.

The only question should be is if he is still anything like the player he was around 22 / 23. If the answer is yes then a deal to the end of the season similar to McFadden does no harm at all IMO.
    This

Don't give a damn what he might of said 6 years ago.

First Team Breakthrough hungryhibs's Avatar
    a would not say no 2 signing kevin if he can prove his fitness he was a youth academy player who done well for us what he done was not his doing was his agent trying get him more money him and brown they both wanted to stay and had just signed new deals 6 month before all they asked was for better ages and would have stayed with use then they had a fall out with Collins then it was history

Slightly off topic but when Thomson and Brown first broke into the team I always felt that it was Thomson who was the greater talent and would go on to achieve bigger things in the game (and I was probably in the minority with this view).

Interesting to see how both of their careers have panned out.

As much as Brown has his critics he is captain of Celtic and playing in the Champions League , probably earning about 25 grand a week and was made captain of Scotland a week or so back. Thomson is without a club and not done anything for years - could I have been more wrong

I'd welcome him 'home'. He IS a hibs fan, has been all his life and I can't see money being the motivator in his next deal. He has a young family and will want to move closer to both sets of grandparents etc. Who cares what has happened, its in the past, if he can do a job (and IMO he will) then sign him up! Petrie!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post

Remember we got big money for Thomson. Nothing for Riordan and Murray, so it's ok for them to comeback without too much hassle. Murray even got a testimonial that I never agreed with

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    I'd welcome him 'home'. He IS a hibs fan, has been all his life and I can't see money being the motivator in his next deal. He has a young family and will want to move closer to both sets of grandparents etc. Who cares what has happened, its in the past, if he can do a job (and IMO he will) then sign him up! Petrie!

Totally agree. It's not as if we're in a position to turn down players of his pedigree.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    If KT feels he can keep fit and play football i welcome him back home with open arms. He was a great player for us and i feel could be what we needs.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I seem to recollect that there was a "poll" conducted on Hibs Net sometime ago and there was a substantial majority in favour of a KT return to Hibs one day.

Maybe somebody can dig it out just out of interest?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    If we got a deal in place for KT I'd be delighted we do have a lot of CM's that I agree with but KT had the ability to play a killer pass not a lot of the current midfield have shown that and it's something LG,cairney,done will love to have in the team instead of a ball near enough behind them constantly they might be able to run on to a pass for a change.

But if it where a deal to the end of the season Id knock it on the head straight away no good for us that scenario and there's every possibility he's off along to greyskull for 8k a week next year and we get egg on our face again