hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree. I would also ban anyone wearing those skinny jeans with elastic at the bottom. on dress down day a young lad in my work was wearing a maroon pair of these 'jobbie catchers' with the said slip-on shoes.
    They're everywhere. I was at the airport this morning and some yoof was wearing the very trousers but with a white canvas plimsol instead. I literally shook my head as he walked passed me.

I'm more and more amazed at the complete lack of individuality among the young of today!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I am happy to report you can still purchase old skool black plimsoles for school gym purposes for £2.99 at Clarks.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Cottons, chinos, Micky Mouse jumpers, trousers with elasticated bottoms and cheap plimsoles are absolutely ganting. I'd rather stay home than be seen in public in any of that garbage.

So, basically anything that Topman, Bank, Republic or USC sell. Should be filed under 'tacky rubbish' alongsde Voi, Henleys, G-Star and Gio-Goi.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cottons, chinos, Micky Mouse jumpers, trousers with elasticated bottoms and cheap plimsoles are absolutely ganting. I'd rather stay home than be seen in public in any of that garbage.

So, basically anything that Topman, Bank, Republic or USC sell. Should be filed under 'tacky rubbish' alongsde Voi, Henleys, G-Star and Gio-Goi.
    I take exception to the G-Star point (I get the make went a bit Chav a bit quick) but the quality and fit of their jeans is second to none, wouldn't dream of wearing a t-shirt plastered with the make all over it but love the jeans. Pretty Green for jackets and tops subtle well made and classy
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 19-02-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I dont know why you're rolling your eyes, the trackie bottom is a real problem and a fashion police thread is an Excellent idea. Since Bob cut back on his sartorial scribblings theres been a real lack of direction on the fashion front. Todays youngsters probably dont even know where Xile is these days. Whats next, the YLT turning up at ER in a Onesie?
    I got myself a nice pair of bright green adidas trainers form xile only last weekend.......am I still clased as a youngster at 25

Gamer IDs

i loved my gio goi t-shirts before they became 'popular' my personal favourite was one that said 'drug free' I seen pete doherty wearing this at a gig and went to buy one

same with g-star I guess got my first pair around 6 year ago in amsterdam before every man and his dug had them. Nice fitted jeans that at the time were a little bit different....wouldnt go near anything with g-star now though.

@hibs.net private member
    I had never noticed the aforementioned 'acne faced urchins' in jogging pants and gym shoes until I read this thread. But, by jiminy - now that my eyes are opened, I see them everywhere. And they do indeed all have their hands in their knickers!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    I had never noticed the aforementioned 'acne faced urchins' in jogging pants and gym shoes until I read this thread. But, by jiminy - now that my eyes are opened, I see them everywhere. And they do indeed all have their hands in their knickers!

The arse of their joggers hanging down like a spud sack and even worse the twats who tuck their joggers into their socks WTF is it all about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dae we still have casuals? Thought it was all broken up when the split occurred and some went fae this Scottish hooligan alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    i loved my gio goi t-shirts before they became 'popular' my personal favourite was one that said 'drug free' I seen pete doherty wearing this at a gig and went to buy one

same with g-star I guess got my first pair around 6 year ago in amsterdam before every man and his dug had them. Nice fitted jeans that at the time were a little bit different....wouldnt go near anything with g-star now though.

now now young man, xile was stocking gstar maybe as long as 15 years ago.

green adidas can never go wrong

agree mostly but what do you mean by cottons? and chinos as I get older get ever so more appealing even liam gallagher is wearing them these days all the rage.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    agree mostly but what do you mean by cottons? and chinos as I get older get ever so more appealing even liam gallagher is wearing them these days all the rage.
    And if Liam Gallagher told you to take a running jump off a cliff, would you do it?????

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    And if Liam Gallagher told you to take a running jump off a cliff, would you do it?????
    no i would certainly not,if he suggested a nice pair of trousers maybe yes i would follow instruction but the point i make is your style changes with age .

if you would like to jump of a cliff i suggest those mingen elastic bottoms UUY

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    chinos are the devils work, last time i wore them was about 1989 as a kid, at that time jeans with printed cartoon characters were the rage, wonder when they will make a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    chinos are the devils work, last time i wore them was about 1989 as a kid, at that time jeans with printed cartoon characters were the rage, wonder when they will make a comeback?
    probably the same time as hoodey tshirt with mexican style paint splash

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Along with Naf naf jackets and addidas poppers??

Gamer IDs

now now young man, xile was stocking gstar maybe as long as 15 years ago.

green adidas can never go wrong
    Never knew they had been going so long tbh. I still like the look of some of the g star jeans, just wouldnt wear them now that every one has them.

Hows life out in holland? not been for about 18 month now since we had a bairn but thinking of a weekend near the end of the year. is the 'green pas' thing being properly booted out in the dam yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought this thread might be about this.. Actual Hibs casuals.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-32833734/

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post

'The chair was involved in the trouble'

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post

That's a well written article, I love the "eye witness" accounts.

I posted my favorite bit on the PM board "The hooligans, who are classed by police as “at risk” individuals" as in like Pandas are at risk and the Dodo once was
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Never knew they had been going so long tbh. I still like the look of some of the g star jeans, just wouldnt wear them now that every one has them.

Hows life out in holland? not been for about 18 month now since we had a bairn but thinking of a weekend near the end of the year. is the 'green pas' thing being properly booted out in the dam yet?
    Lives not bad thanks. Nothing like a baby to spoil a trip away

The green pass was never taken up by North Holland council and already I believe the councils who did are in the process of getting rid. It didn't work as locals were just selling to tourists on the street.

If the greens your thing and your looking at end of year, the hash cup is at the end of November

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

Would agree with that. However going back to early 90's gio goi was a staple for the more discerning on the rave scene.

Nowt worse than some of the snide Paul and shark gear I've seen of late. If you want a chuckle check snideBay to see how much they have missed the point of understated quality that Paul and shark were much admired for. Gets right on my goat as its my favourite brand of knitwear.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Would agree with that. However going back to early 90's gio goi was a staple for the more discerning on the rave scene.

Nowt worse than some of the snide Paul and shark gear I've seen of late. If you want a chuckle check snideBay to see how much they have missed the point of understated quality that Paul and shark were much admired for. Gets right on my goat as its my favourite brand of knitwear.
    forgot about gio goi first time around much superior gear to current batch. nice simply stitched name , had a pair of jeans and a jacket. much more expensive then i think though?

whatever happened to the likes of chippie el charro and chevigion

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

I've not noticed any of that mate. I've stopped wearing Farah as that seems to have been latched onto recently. Wearing quite a bit of Gabicci and Paul Smith atm Loving a slim pair of needle cords!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Love them for dossing around the house in but I agree, you shouldn't be crossing your door in them.

They seem to be getting matched with jumpers with cartoon characters on them as well too many times for my liking.

What next? Dressing gowns?
    I was in my local corner shop the other afternoon and the girl in front of me was wearing her pjs and dressing gown with slippers on to!!!! One of my neighbours takes the dog out with his dressing gown on over his clothes but only at night lol

forgot about gio goi first time around much superior gear to current batch. nice simply stitched name , had a pair of jeans and a jacket. much more expensive then i think though?

whatever happened to the likes of chippie el charro and chevigion
    I saw el charro jeans in Portugal recently though I must have been much thinner in my youth as they'd never fit me now.

My favourites in my youth were navy arctic, stone island, pop 84, ciao and classic noveaux amongst others.

Back in the raving days I used to love stussy gear as well, dr jives in Glasgow was a great place for that sort of stuff.

I saw el charro jeans in Portugal recently though I must have been much thinner in my youth as they'd never fit me now.

My favourites in my youth were navy arctic, stone island, pop 84, ciao and classic noveaux amongst others.

Back in the raving days I used to love stussy gear as well, dr jives in Glasgow was a great place for that sort of stuff.
    Dr Jives was awesome for Stussy, Pervert and Fuct back in the day used to spend a fortune in there every time i was in Glasgow for a Gig

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Dr Jives was awesome for Stussy, Pervert and Fuct back in the day used to spend a fortune in there every time i was in Glasgow for a Gig
    Good enough was another one they used to sell, I had a few cracking t shirts by them.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Been in there myself. great wee shop.

Got a new Ma:Strum jacket from a tidy wee shop called trend in stirling last week.