hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, really. I'm not on some moral crusade here but I refuse to sit idly by and do nothing. If I can identify him to the police, I will.
    Would you approach this man at the next home game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I can understand we're your coming from woody, and just so we are clear this is unacceptable behaviour at the football, but it's not a child we are talking about here it's a 19 year old who has been assaulted. Think this witch hunt is a bit silly. Let the polis do the work that's what there paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post
    I am not saying it is acceptable... I am saying let it go - asking for photos of the stand??? It has been reported to the authorities... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! Turning into Poiriot, Agatha Christie or Columbo is not going to help.

It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.

Look at what happened to Deegan after his assult.

Would you still be saying this if it happened to this young lad or even worse, if he fell and omg... well, we do read about this happening.

Assult of any kind is UNNEXCEPTABLE and I am shocked that you can defend his actions.

Ban him and let the courts deal with this moron.

First Team Regular
    I am not saying it is acceptable... I am saying let it go - asking for photos of the stand??? It has been reported to the authorities... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! Turning into Poiriot, Agatha Christie or Columbo is not going to help.

It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.
    Let it go - then people do it again.

I'm not saying turn in to Agatha Christie, i'm just saying that the guy needs to be accountable for his actions. He's been big and brave enough to hit the kid, now he should deal with the consequences.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Just read this thread and the one on the bounce.

I'm pretty much on the same page as Chaves tbh. Young man gets skelped due to his mates being erses.
    Hopefully they will shut TFU next time. Put it down to a lesson learned and move on.

If you are going to be directing insulting comments towards big angry men then you need the balls to see it through.

I've seen plenty cheeky wee fekers who think they are untouchable who need a good skelp.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

I'm pretty much on the same page as Chaves tbh. Young man gets skelped due to his mates being erses.
    Hopefully they will shut TFU next time. Put it down to a lesson learned and move on.

If you are going to be directing insulting comments towards big angry men then you need the balls to see it through.

I've seen plenty cheeky wee fekers who think they are untouchable who need a good skelp.
    Just curious, if your 17 year old laddie was skelped by a big angry man for something one of his mates had said, would you stand by and do nothing and tell your laddie to put it down to experience?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

this, absolutely

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappyhibee View Post
    Yup, really. I'm not on some moral crusade here but I refuse to sit idly by and do nothing. If I can identify him to the police, I will.

Has this been reported to the Police. Are they investigating the assault.

@hibs.net private member

The laddie that got punched wasn't making any comments. Even if he did then its no excuse to be skelped.

I find it unbelievable that anyone thinks that the person responsible shouldn't be punished for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Just curious, if your 17 year old laddie was skelped by a big angry man for something one of his mates had said, would you stand by and do nothing and tell your laddie to put it down to experience?

Scouse , no i wouldnt stand by and let it happen if i was there.

If i wasn't present , he would be getting told that it was his fault and to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    The laddie that got punched wasn't making any comments. Even if he did then its no excuse to be skelped.

I find it unbelievable that anyone thinks that the person responsible shouldn't be punished for this.
    Agree, more like minded people than we realise!!!

I've been punched a few times for being a smart arse and also took a few hits for stuff that was nout to do wi me. Just saying. **** happens!

Scouse , no i wouldnt stand by and let it happen if i was there.

If i wasn't present , he would be getting told that it was his fault and to get over it.

But how was it his fault because one of his mates was ersy? That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Where did i say the person responsible shouldnt be punished ?

Just think the laddie needs to realise that you don't mess with big angry men.

I also realise that the person who got punched has claimed it wasn't him who said the comments.
    I would still tell my laddie it was his fault if it was my son who was in that situation.

But how was it his fault because one of his mates was ersy? That's my point.

Fly wi the craws...........

Said it to my laddie many times.

Don't you think it's a bit sad that a man can reach middle age and is still unable to handle a wee bit of winding up from a young laddy without resorting to violence? Really, guys like that shouldn't be at the fitba in the first place. Big angry man? Or pathetic cowhard?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit sad that a man can reach middle age and is still unable to handle a wee bit of winding up from a young laddy without resorting to violence? Really, guys like that shouldn't be at the fitba in the first place. Big angry man? Or pathetic cowhard?
    Can we please nip this in the bud ?
    I am NOT for one minute saying Big angry men should be hitting young men at the football.
    Not what i have said anywhere !!!

If my boy came home from anywhere saying he had gotten a sair face for being insulting towards a grown man then i would tell him it was his fault for instigating it.

Was the grown man right ? Of course not !

Will the laddie or his pals think twice before being ersy again ? Yes ,i think so.

I know what i would be doing if someone skelped my son at a game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Can we please nip this in the bud ?
    I am NOT for one minute saying Big angry men should be hitting young men at the football.
    Not what i have said anywhere !!!

If my boy came home from anywhere saying he had gotten a sair face for being insulting towards a grown man then i would tell him it was his fault for instigating it.

Was the grown man right ? Of course not !

Will the laddie or his pals think twice before being ersy again ? Yes ,i think so.
    but he wasnt

Fly wi the craws...........

Said it to my laddie many times.
    Enjoy visiting your laddie in jail if he ever witnesses a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I know what i would be doing if someone skelped my son at a game.
    I agree with you. I'd be giving the guy a slap or two in retaliation. I'd also be telling my son's mate to keep his mouth shut in future though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    but he wasnt
    Jim ,

I don't know Zemmasbarnet or his family and i wasn't in the vicinity so i know nothing of the incident apart from what is posted on here and the bounce.

My view is based on how i think i would react IF it was my laddie.

If i was there , yes i would have intervened but i would also have been furious with the laddie.

First Team Regular
    Would you approach this man at the next home game?
    In order to identify him to the police, yes.

Not nice this lad got a sore one because his mates were the ones shouting abuse. Maybe his mates should keep the trap shut in future and if anyone wants to leave early that's their choice. To many wee ********s at football was only a matter of time before something like this happens.

I got spat on when leaving before the final whistle the time we played Utd at ER and dropped down to Div 1. I honestly don't see the gripe people have of fans leaving early when they know **** all about why they are leaving. The boy shouldn't have hit him but maybe after seeing the way the team played then the abuse he took he snapped in the heat of the moment. I hope the arse that did shout abuse gets skelped if he does it again in the future.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Again, I am certainly not condoning anything here and the perpetrator needs catching and punishing. However if anyone had punched me when I was 17 or 18, believe me it would not have been the last punch thrown. Now, whether that did not happen because the young man (please note, young man, he is not a kid at 17/18) was brought up not to fight back or whetever reason I don't know. Anyway it has no place at ER in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I agree with you. I'd be giving the guy a slap or two in retaliation. I'd also be telling my son's mate to keep his mouth shut in future though.
    I would be telling my son to give his mate a slap in the face as well, for one him getting a slap in the face because his mate was being a smart arse, and secondly he is not much of a mate if he just sat there when said son got a slap in the face and he done nothing to help his mate.

You are just not going to stand by and watch your son being assaulted at a football game or anywhere else for that matter, the last thought on my mind would be to get a steward or look for the polis, glad we agree that the guy would be getting a few slaps.

Has this been reported to the Police. Are they investigating the assault.
    Has it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not nice this lad got a sore one because his mates were the ones shouting abuse. Maybe his mates should keep the trap shut in future and if anyone wants to leave early that's their choice. To many wee ********s at football was only a matter of time before something like this happens.

I got spat on when leaving before the final whistle the time we played Utd at ER and dropped down to Div 1. I honestly don't see the gripe people have of fans leaving early when they know **** all about why they are leaving. The boy shouldn't have hit him but maybe after seeing the way the team played then the abuse he took he snapped in the heat of the moment. I hope the arse that did shout abuse gets skelped if he does it again in the future.
    The lad didn't get a sore one because of anything his mates did he got a sore one because some idiot thinks the way to resolve any sort of conflict is with violence. He should be charged by the police and never allowed to enter er again

I would be telling my son to give his mate a slap in the face as well, for one him getting a slap in the face because his mate was being a smart arse, and secondly he is not much of a mate if he just sat there when said son got a slap in the face and he done nothing to help his mate.

You are just not going to stand by and watch your son being assaulted at a football game or anywhere else for that matter, the last thought on my mind would be to get a steward or look for the polis, glad we agree that the guy would be getting a few slaps.

TBH if I saw any young laddie getting a slap from a grown man I would intervene. And if it was my own laddie that was the injured party then.............................................. .
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 14-02-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    ... if they can identify the person from CCTV and then his seat number and then his name and address then bingo! It will turn out that he was probably using his 8 year old nieces season ticket card and was also smoking in the toilet at halftime.
    After that performance, and the guy leaving early, I reckon he will be disgusted enough that he might not be back. If he does go back, he will probably choose to sit in different part of the stand, there will be plenty empty seats available.