hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why blatantly make things up? He's had 13 appearances and that's including injuries.

Also maybe a fast winger who crystal palace wanted for 500k might not be good enough for the soaring heights of the spl in your eyes. But in mine he seems like a decent signing
    He's not played a full 90 minute game of football since the opening day of the season, and has appeared from the bench the latter part of those appearances.

My point was that we were in for Lyle Taylor, Liam Craig and I believe a Queens player - all of whom playing regularly, up to speed, no question of fitness, and all scoring goals frequently - they would however have meant investment in the way of fees.

If Done hits the ground running I'll happily concede and eat humble pie - however at this stage we've signed a player who is not in my opinion fully up to speed football wise - the targets I mentioned are/were and all of them have experience of Scottish football, Craig in particular would have been a tremendous boost to the run in.

If he has the same impact as Ivan's had at Ross County I'll be a happy man though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He's not played a full 90 minute game of football since the opening day of the season, and has appeared from the bench the latter part of those appearances.

My point was that we were in for Lyle Taylor, Liam Craig and I believe a Queens player - all of whom playing regularly, up to speed, no question of fitness, and all scoring goals frequently - they would however have meant investment in the way of fees.

If Done hits the ground running I'll happily concede and eat humble pie - however at this stage we've signed a player who is not in my opinion fully up to speed football wise - the targets I mentioned are/were and all of them have experience of Scottish football, Craig in particular would have been a tremendous boost to the run in.

If he has the same impact as Ivan's had at Ross County I'll be a happy man though.
    Fair enough!

apologies if I seemed agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by San Siro View Post
    Forward reinforcements definitely needed. Out of contracts I've actually heard of;

Louis Saha
    Kris Boyd
    Derek Riordan
    Garry O'Connor
    Junior Agogo
    Craig Beattie *erects shield*
    David Suazo
    Ireneusz Jeleń
    Simon Vukčević

We can immediately rule out Riordan, O'Connor and Agogo (if it didn't work last time it isn't going to work this time either), Beattie (fat unfit jambo *******), and probably Saha and Vukčević (been on Premier Leauge wages for so long they'd not even consider us and our paltry wage structure).

David Suazo has enough quality to do a good job in the SPL - he was sensational in his first Catania stint, but his move to Inter Milan really messed up his career. He has been without a club for six months now which means he may be nowhere near match fitness at the moment and therefore no good for throwing into the side any time soon.

I think it'll have to be Kris Boyd then...
    Haha id be buzzing if we signed Vukcevic, FM legend!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

We don't have money to pay fees from though and January is also an expensive time to try and encourage teams to part with players. I'd expect us to be for some of the type of players you mentioned in the summer or when they become available.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I know all is gone and it has shut up for the remainder of the season but after watching the UTD highlights if we could get sparky to stay after the summer, I believe he's a free agent then? And get Jon daly, the. We will be very happy.
    Daly is exactly what we need. Especially if pat is going to persist with this long ball. He wins headers to which MS feeds off of. And it works perfectly. Think LG and JD would be perfect together
    Last edited by Alex Trager; 04-02-2013 at 12:31 PM.