hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    By my adding up, that is 180 minutes that we have played and still not going. Heavy pitch, tired looking players and complete lack of pace made that a brutal watch. Only positive is quick journey back home for the FA Cup game on the box.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Missed that 'spectacle' as I decided to get into toon and get new specs and shades! Seems it was a wise move.

same as game at tynecastle more intrested in not losing than winning a game

Left by mutual consent!
    That was disgusting.

Playing Kuqi, give's us something different but he got 1 decent ball all day in which he set up a decent forward move for Griffiths.

Other than that, Jesus.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    It's pleasing that were not giving away silly goals,and also signing players with a creative and goalscoring pedigree. We're going in the right direction.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we getting that used to not losing that the next step is really that overdue? We've played a lot better up there with better players and list. Tynie the same. Not pretty today but a draw is decent.

We'd have killed for results the last two years. Quite evident we just want to have a good moan about something whatever position we are in.

Midfield was horrific

Had a busy day, only had time to post now, but that was f,n brutal, for all those who are happy howits going really have to wake up and smell the coffee, (mibbe its just me) the team has played well for a good part of the season then its fallen away to nothing, in the past couple of games I have seen absolutely nothing which says we have gone forward, weve stalled and not kicked on.Only one or two players get pass marks from me. I can understand folk backing the team but I cant understand folk not criticising them when they put in displays such as the last couple of games.
    We have a good set of players but it doesnt seem Fenlon can get them playing for whatever reason. I like everyone else are pleased to see us in fourth, but again its just not good enough to accept abysmal performances.Thankfully the rest of the league is Tom Kite.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Paul Hanlon was man of the match for Hibs by a country mile. Stevenson did well when he came and McPake was good for the most part.
    Hanlon was OK i suppose, although he gave the ball away a fair bit. I thought McPake was poor yet again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Hanlon was OK i suppose, although he gave the ball away a fair bit. I thought McPake was poor yet again.
    He was stinking. Wild challenge's....hoofing it out of play when under no real pressure, same for Wotherspoon.

Why not try something different....

Only plus ppint was how we defended, were awful in midfield. Deegan offers nothing, hope he isnt offered a new deal, taiwos far better doin what deegan suppsedly offers. If were to progress I wouldnt keep wotherspoon either

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Had a busy day, only had time to post now, but that was f,n brutal, for all those who are happy howits going really have to wake up and smell the coffee, (mibbe its just me) the team has played well for a good part of the season then its fallen away to nothing, in the past couple of games I have seen absolutely nothing which says we have gone forward, weve stalled and not kicked on.Only one or two players get pass marks from me. I can understand folk backing the team but I cant understand folk not criticising them when they put in displays such as the last couple of games.
    We have a good set of players but it doesnt seem Fenlon can get them playing for whatever reason. I like everyone else are pleased to see us in fourth, but again its just not good enough to accept abysmal performances.Thankfully the rest of the league is Tom Kite.
    Unbelievable. Is your glass need filled because its half empty by chance??

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    That was awful. Just awful!! We have no pace and offer sweet fa going forward. Kuqi?!? really?!? I'm guessing Caldwell is going to be another Byrne. How else can we explane Kuqi being picked before him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    Spot on .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Very poor game however we defended pretty well. We struggled from middle to front and showed exactly whey we are looking at bringing other players in. Bottom line on an appalling pitch it was a decent point. Hopefully we get the players in and we can create more.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Had to Sky+ the game today as my U17's were playing in the Sottish Cup. Is it worth me watching & passing comment?.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    At the end of the day its a point and a clean sheet which is alright when you have played garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    Had to Sky+ the game today as my U17's were playing in the Sottish Cup. Is it worth me watching & passing comment?.
    Nah, just press delete.

Coaching Staff
    3 points off second place, another clean sheet, yet another terrific goalkeeping performance, picking up points from difficult away fixtures that have been our undoing before - two or three players to come in during the week, and a cracking cup tie at home to look forward to. Yep, not pretty to watch but we're a resilient bunch these days - it's crucial to note that when the teams not playing well we are still picking up valuable points and remaining on an unbeaten run.

A win at Ross County would be just the ticket - really tricky game but I've a sneaky suspicion we'll take all 3 points in Dingwall. Maybe with a couple of new faces too.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    3 points off second place, another clean sheet, yet another terrific goalkeeping performance, picking up points from difficult away fixtures that have been our undoing before - two or three players to come in during the week, and a cracking cup tie at home to look forward to. Yep, not pretty to watch but we're a resilient bunch these days - it's crucial to note that when the teams not playing well we are still picking up valuable points and remaining on an unbeaten run.

A win at Ross County would be just the ticket - really tricky game but I've a sneaky suspicion we'll take all 3 points in Dingwall. Maybe with a couple of new faces too.
    Looking at our last few results in isolation (okay the Dundee result was disappointing) but getting a point v Aberdeen away, a point v Hearts away...these are good results. What's frustrating for the fans I think is that we've gone a few games without winning now, and even longer without looking like we're capable of creative play or looking even likely to score. Even against Celtic our goal was pretty lucky from a long ball, and for the rest of the game we sat in and held on. And when we get the three points people will settle for that but when you get negative performances like against Hearts, Dundee and Aberdeen it just gets frustrating to watch and I think that's where the disappointment is coming in - not at the results but the fact we just look toothless and uninspired.

I'm not looking back at the opening part of the season with rose-tinted glasses - we weren't excellent by any means - but at least in spells we were capable of looking dangerous in attack, especially with Cairney and Spoony on the wings. Now those two players are becoming more and more ineffectual - whether that's down to other teams adopting different tactics or other reasons I don't know, but the attacking elements present in the earlier part of the season aren't there any more.

Hopefully this will be addressed with the addition of a new player or two. In the meantime, we just have to try and keep in the mix with the teams around us for as long as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    That was awful. Just awful!! We have no pace and offer sweet fa going forward. Kuqi?!? really?!? I'm guessing Caldwell is going to be another Byrne. How else can we explane Kuqi being picked before him?
    And what leads you to guess that, pray tell?
    This is how it feels

I watched the game on tv a point gained but the performance was murder id rather watch paint dry paddy has turned defeats into 0-0 draws so it is improvement though

First Team Regular
    I dunno if it's been mentioned, but what a pass young Handling made to Griffiths in the closing stages.

That was my pick of the good today

oh and a good away point!