hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: golf 2013

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckenzie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone ever traded in clubs at American Golf? If so is it good value etc?

Looking for some money to be put toward a new driver. Also any recommendations for a driver suitable for a high handicapper?
    You'll probably get mixed opinions on that one.

The golf market is saturated with second hand clubs at the moment so they're probably not in a position to offer much in the way of a trade in regardless of the club(s) involved. However on the other hand something is better than nothing so if you can't find a private buyer then at least it's worth considering.

As for the new driver, then I'm a regular customer of the AGD at the Braids and I know that they have a fair selection of second hand drivers for sale at the moment. You're always better to try before you buy so I suggest you have a look through their second hand selection, choose a few that takes your eye and then ask the staff if you can take them out on to the range to try out. If you find one that suits then you can opt to buy the new version from the store.

I've always found the staff quite reasonable to deal with so good luck.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckenzie1875 View Post
    Has anyone ever traded in clubs at American Golf? If so is it good value etc?

Looking for some money to be put toward a new driver. Also any recommendations for a driver suitable for a high handicapper?
    I traded In my Taylor Made R7TP driver about 6months back and expected about £30 to be the offer (it was well used as was bought when it first came out) at £30 I was probably gonna keep it in case of anything happening to or a fall out with the new driver, got to my shock a £60 offer and said aye

As for a new club for you, as said above try a few out Cobra always seem to be a brand that suit higher handicaps but I couldn't hit them at all, I bought the Titleist 910 which has been awesome, I really would recommend getting an adjustable one as it can grow with you should your swing change, also the Nike machspeed is a belter available at some very good prices so have a wee look at that
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 14-05-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthHibby View Post
    Off to Turkey today, pasha x2 sultan x2 and sueno pines, Happy days!

Only downside missing the championship qualifier, in good shape to after 1st round.

Couple of Jambos going so praying for a result today. would make for an enjoyable flight
    Bassa! Well jeal .. where you staying? Turnhouse mob (including the Radge are at Cornelia Diamond)

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I traded In my Taylor Made R7TP driver about 6months back and expected about £30 to be the offer (it was well used as was bought when it first came out) at £30 I was probably gonna keep it in case of anything happening to or a fall out with the new driver, got to my shock a £60 offer and said aye

As for a new club for you, as said above try a few out Cobra always seem to be a brand that suit higher handicaps but I couldn't hit them at all, I bought the Titleist 910 which has been awesome, I really would recommend getting an adjustable one as it can grow with you should your swing change, also the Nike machspeed is a belter available at some very good prices so have a wee look at that
    Feels great in the mitt but I've not hit one. I use a square-headed Callaway FTi number so the Machspeed is easy on my eye.

I need to trade up .. driver is 6/7 years old as are the irons - Wilson Di6s. So, off to a Cleveland demo session this Saturday

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    The lad I play with has the machspeed TQM agree it looks and feels good but hits really well too with a cracking sound and I'd say longer than my Titleist, not hit it adjusted to my preference either
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member KanyeWestLower's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info guys.

Going by the weather forecast, it looks like we'll get soaked to the breek erse tomorrow so yet another point 1 beckons.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Playing a tri am this morning, we were 9 under after 13 and I had an eagle putt on the 14th when the horn sounded!! Soaked to the skin for fek all :(
    Was hitting the ball well though :)

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Droont!

Seriously thinking about giving the game up. Cannot break 90 for the life of me. Lucky to break 100 today.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Seriously thinking about giving the game up. Cannot break 90 for the life of me. Lucky to break 100 today.
    Hang in there mate, it'll come back.

I'm toiling from 3W to 7I off the deck. Hit the odd good one but mainly left, low and pish - so defo off plane and not following through the ball! Off the tee is fine, 8I - SW fine and putting well. Bought a lesson and will see the pro in 2 weeks.

Anchors away

Unsurprisingly, the USGA and R&A have confirmed/upheld the ruling that anchored putting strokes will be banned from 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Unsurprisingly, the USGA and R&A have confirmed/upheld the ruling that anchored putting strokes will be banned from 2016
    But will the US tour players comply with the ruling? The European tour have already stated that their players will abide with the decision so there could be interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    But will the US tour players comply with the ruling? The European tour have already stated that their players will abide with the decision so there could be interesting times ahead.
    They could have their own tour - I wish them well with that

They could have their own tour - I wish them well with that
    Just think we could have the tedium of watching Keegan Bradley v Keegan Bradley v Keegan Bradley v Keegan Bradley v Keegan Bradley v Keegan Bradley ----------- every week. Jeez that will be exciting viewing!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Off to Wentworth on Friday for the second day of the BMW Championship. Quite looking forward to it as it's not a course i've ever been to.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Off to Wentworth on Friday for the second day of the BMW Championship. Quite looking forward to it as it's not a course i've ever been to.
    Always said you were a bandit

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Always said you were a bandit
    He's on bunker duty

Shotts today. Linlithgowshire Seniors. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm obviously the junior senior.

EDIT- Thats the 90 broken for the first time this year. Conditions horrendous for most of the time.
    Last edited by greenlex; 23-05-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Shotts today. Linlithgowshire Seniors. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm obviously the junior senior.

EDIT- Thats the 90 broken for the first time this year. Conditions horrendous for most of the time.
    Played yesterday in a fierce wind .. we had 60mph at times I am sure. Lashing rain at times too! Still in the buffer - so cannae grumble!

First tie of the season tomorrow night .. expecting the worst. He bt me 5+4 last year and that's was him giving me 3 shots.. this year it is just 1!
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 23-05-2013 at 10:49 PM.

First Team Breakthrough PerthHibby's Avatar
    Bassa! Well jeal .. where you staying? Turnhouse mob (including the Radge are at Cornelia Diamond)
    Stayed at the Sirene Palace, previous twice stayed at the Diamond, Sirene not as good but the chance to play the sultan twice made up for that.
    Courses were in great nick, weather not as hot as before, perfect for golf, plenty food and drink, roll on next year....

Looking at a different hotel for next year so any feedback would be great.

Medal tomorrow not playing Sunday got something else on

Quote Originally Posted by PerthHibby View Post
    Stayed at the Sirene Palace, previous twice stayed at the Diamond, Sirene not as good but the chance to play the sultan twice made up for that.
    Courses were in great nick, weather not as hot as before, perfect for golf, plenty food and drink, roll on next year....

Looking at a different hotel for next year so any feedback would be great.

Medal tomorrow not playing Sunday got something else on
    Only stayed at the Sirene - we did Pasha, Sultan, Carya and Lykia Links last year.

We plan to return in 2015 - to the Sirene - for 2x Pasha, 2x Sultan and optional game at Carya

If we by any chance we win the holy grail on Sunday, then I think it's only right and proper that the gowfers on here should mark the momentous occasion with a wee golf excursion to this place.

http://www.hiberniangolf.com/index.html

If we by any chance we win the holy grail on Sunday, then I think it's only right and proper that the gowfers on here should mark the momentous occasion with a wee golf excursion to this place.

http://www.hiberniangolf.com/index.html
    Fantastic!

:-)

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Bit better this week for me

Singles tie midweek went well won 7 of the 1st 9 holes to be 5 up at the turn and that was enough for my opponent to concede.

Medal today started badly - 7 5 8!!! 7 start but then recovered well to make buffer

Promising
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

+1 for 14 holes* last night .. burned the edge of the hole for a hat-trick of birdies (something I have never done!)

* Was all I had time for as had the wee man to pick up.

Just 36 holes Saturday and 18 Sunday this weekend

Mon the gowf!

Just got 36 holes at the weekend - two net 65s, and a 3rd and 2nd places! I was leading both 'til late afternoon

Still sweepie winnings r us!

Played a tie last week and manged to lose 3&2 to a 24 handicapper!

Obviously he was getting a few shots but simple fact is he deserved to win, just caget the my game sorted out at all.

I've just finished an epic fourball club knockout tie which we eventually triumphed at the 10th extra hole! We teed off at 1:30 and finished at 7:15. Survival of the fittest or wot?!!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I've just finished an epic fourball club knockout tie which we eventually triumphed at the 10th extra hole! We teed off at 1:30 and finished at 7:15. Survival of the fittest or wot?!!
    Ha! An epic battle John, and well done in getting there in the end! Who were you playing?

Our fourball campaign only lasted the one round this season, a defeat on Friday night and as a result confidence was not high going into the next day`s first round of Championship Qualifying. Was pleasantly surprised then to find myself -2 at the turn before parring round to 14 where another birdie putt dropped to move to -3. Unfortunately shots were then spilled at 15 (over cautious with approach pulled left and not getting up and down), 16 (bunkered right then not getting up and down) and 18 (pushed right and hampered by tree with a hack out only option). Disappointed to drop 3 shots on way home, but 70 - 4 for nett 66 was pretty pleasing for first medal round of season. Down to 3.1 so happy with that.

Have a singles tie this Friday where I give my opponent 14 shots, so with the favourable weather and course dry and running it could be a tough night. A game off the medal tees anyway before Saturday`s 2nd round of Championship Qualifying. Don`t you just love this time of year with the light nights, courses in great shape and plenty golf to play?
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 06-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.