hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: golf 2013

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good scoring. My lad playing for juniors today against adults. Dying to hear how he got on
    Was that against the seniors? That should be coming to a finish about now I'd imagine - hope it went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Encouraging you say.

I'd say that score comes into the category!
    Anyone who's seen my golf over the last few years can tell you I ain't no bandit

Still happy with how this weekend has went and a big improvement on my putting so fingers crossed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Was that against the seniors? That should be coming to a finish about now I'd imagine - hope it went well.

Anyone who's seen my golf over the last few years can tell you I ain't no bandit

Still happy with how this weekend has went and a big improvement on my putting so fingers crossed.
    I think it was against men's section and not the seniors.

Beat Andy young on the last. Not had the blow by blow account yet as they are all getting fed just now :)

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Beat Andy young on the last. Not had the blow by blow account yet as they are all getting fed just now :)
    Nice one
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Wheels coming aff with me! Some really poor approach play yesterday - no following through off the fairway.

Up to 10.2 now - so a lesson beckons!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Think I'll quickly wave cheerio to the notion of a membership down in Surrey.

Cheapest quote I've been given for any of the courses nearby Guildford was £803 p/y and that's for an age bracket. Full memberships are all over £1300!

Mental prices!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Think I'll quickly wave cheerio to the notion of a membership down in Surrey.

Cheapest quote I've been given for any of the courses nearby Guildford was £803 p/y and that's for an age bracket. Full memberships are all over £1300!

Mental prices!
    Robbery - but you got a bargain at Monifieth and the courses will be better here too! Good luck with the hunt..

Even though i played enough medals last year, for some reason my handicap has been 'cancelled' so need to get another. Rather annoying! Handed in the first card today.

Shocking start, 7 over after 3.....started to play much better after that, was 1 over for the next 13 holes and even that i was annoyed at, couple of close putts missed on poor greens. 3 birdies though was pretty pleased with that, finished bogey then double however so overall 11 over is poor but excluding the first and last few holes played some nice stuff.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Even though i played enough medals last year, for some reason my handicap has been 'cancelled' so need to get another. Rather annoying! Handed in the first card today.

Shocking start, 7 over after 3.....started to play much better after that, was 1 over for the next 13 holes and even that i was annoyed at, couple of close putts missed on poor greens. 3 birdies though was pretty pleased with that, finished bogey then double however so overall 11 over is poor but excluding the first and last few holes played some nice stuff.
    Strange that your handicap was 'cancelled.' If you returned 3 medal rounds last year then you should have been ok. If you submit another 3 cards within 6 months of last season then you should get the same handicap unless of course you've improved!

I would be speaking to your match secretary.....If you played in enough medals, your handicap should not have lapsed......Ask and your handicap may be re-instated....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Well another week washed out :( managed to finish second in our medal, so I suppose there are some signs there :)
    Mrs cabbage bought me this https://m.itison.com/Edinburgh/deals...gh-golf-lesson, good deal, seemingly even she knows I'm sheite!!

Dad spoke to the convenor and it seems that the last medal i played last year (only managed 3) was a non-counter so it never went towards my handicap. Hadn't even noticed it was non-counter as it was the last i was at the course last year. Not too bothered now, will get the 3 cards in before i move back up North hopefully! Looking forward to having 8 weeks up there, will be working but at night/weekends will be great getting out at Nairn again.

Went up today to Linlithgow and sadly as they are working on some greens there were winter greens and the pro said my card wouldn't count. Shame, medal tomorrow but really can't see the greens being ready as they were heavily sanded.

Dad says conditions up here were really bad this week so course got flooded, i was none the wiser having been down Blackpool way with their nice weather this week.

Dad spoke to the convenor and it seems that the last medal i played last year (only managed 3) was a non-counter so it never went towards my handicap. Hadn't even noticed it was non-counter as it was the last i was at the course last year. Not too bothered now, will get the 3 cards in before i move back up North hopefully! Looking forward to having 8 weeks up there, will be working but at night/weekends will be great getting out at Nairn again.

Went up today to Linlithgow and sadly as they are working on some greens there were winter greens and the pro said my card wouldn't count. Shame, medal tomorrow but really can't see the greens being ready as they were heavily sanded.

Dad says conditions up here were really bad this week so course got flooded, i was none the wiser having been down Blackpool way with their nice weather this week.

A Club can have up to 2 winter greens in operation and provided that the overall course length has not been altered by more/less than 100 yards then the medal will still count as being a qualifying competition.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I haven't played or even held a club in my hand since September last year. (Except one round at Dunbar in Jan). Out this afternoon. This should be fun.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Was out yesterday for the first time this year. Not a good day at the office

Ah well - more *ish today 79-3 =76. Things can only get better as I'm sure the course conditions eventually will. Don't you just hate trying to putt on greens which are full of friggin aerated holes!!!

Yesterday was a nightmare, we were on all 18 greens again for the medal but they were just unplayable. Felt like we were committing an offence by grounding our putters as the greens were like bunkers. The holes all over the green causing all sorts of bobbles and the fact we had to hammer every putt wasn't fun at all. It's another score card in which is the main thing so just want my handicap back before i go up north. Was 5 over front 9 with 4 three putts which was rather annoying, then back nine had another 2 three putts but wasn't quite hitting the ball well enough either so carded a poor score. Was no run at all as course was very wet so tough conditions overall, guy carded a nett 62 which is very good for yesterdays play!
    Last edited by frazeHFC; 21-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Complete pish on Saturday. Going to try again tomorrow night. Hope this wind Foocks off.

Out 40 In 40 = 80 at Alyth last Friday. Came 2nd of 16. Won a nearest the pin, and captained a 4-ball to win the Texas in the afternoon round.

Prize haul:

Voucher
    Brolly
    Polo-shirt
    Bottle of Port
    Bottle of Wine

Shot 75 on Sunday on our wee course (11 pars and 7 bogeys).

Might head out for a few holes later tonight ahead of this weekend's 36 holes. (edit - now just 18! Booooooooo!)
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 25-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Good day at the office for me today in howling winds.

Started birdie, par, par, birdie, birdie, par followed up with 6 pars, a birdie and 5 bogeys for a gross 73, net 69. Best I have played in a long time and a few of the bogeys were just down to getting tired and rustiness after the lay off. Looking forward to getting out for a medal on Saturday now.

Im a pussy and I didnt go today. Sat and Sunday guaranteed.

Played Turnhouse this afternoon in that lovely wind and rain. Played awful. Canny wait for a round of golf with the sun belting doon on me.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    I'm playing absolutely brutal just now but can't blame the course. Got a new head greenkeeper at liberton and greens are as good as they've been for a couple of years already!! Can't wait to see what they're like in the summer!!

Played poor earlier, but it's the 3rd card in at least so will get handicap back.

Heading up to Nairn on Thursday and went to put my name in for the Saturday medal but entry is now closed as of 6 hours ago. Loads of spaces left and 4 days until the competition yet i can't put my name in, really frustrating!

Played on Saturday and it was a nightmare.

Started par par but there was a three ball about 4 groups in front of us who's slow play was chronic. Started rushing things because of all the hanging about and ended up with a gross 83, net 79.

4 and a half hours for a medal round is a joke!

Played poor earlier, but it's the 3rd card in at least so will get handicap back.

Heading up to Nairn on Thursday and went to put my name in for the Saturday medal but entry is now closed as of 6 hours ago. Loads of spaces left and 4 days until the competition yet i can't put my name in, really frustrating!
    That sounds crazy Fraser!

It might be worth a phone call to the Pro shop/Secretary. I'd play the daft laddie role and see what they say. In these troubled times for Golf Clubs they've got to be as flexible as possible.

The more golfers/competitors that they can attract then all the better ------------ I'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    That sounds crazy Fraser!

It might be worth a phone call to the Pro shop/Secretary. I'd play the daft laddie role and see what they say. In these troubled times for Golf Clubs they've got to be as flexible as possible.

The more golfers/competitors that they can attract then all the better ------------ I'd say!

Yeah just after i posted this i decided to email the secretary and she returned the email this morning saying she has given me a time early afternoon, really glad as it was the main reason i am heading up this weekend. She said it's because this medal is one of the ones where they do a draw for each hour slot, hence the early closing date to allow time for the draw a few days in advance.

But all is good now, and got time for a practice round on Friday to get used to the greens etc.

Ive played two medal rounds so far. Ive pulled out another three. Ive gone from 8.3 to 8.5 and my mojo has not returned. I cannot get into it at all. This weather has a lot to answer for. Dont want to practice and that is not like me. Have not hit a practice shot all year.

Wow today was tough! Wind was killer all the way round. 2nd hole is normally driver pitching wedge, today I hit a good driver then 4 iron and only just made it. Doubt anyone made the 5th (par 4) in 2, i smashed a driver then 3 wood and was still 100 yards short.

Hit the ball really really well most of the way round, but the wind made it very difficult. However it was the putter that let me down, putting was dreadful must have had 7 or 8 three putts.

SS was 76 when i left which is 4 over par! Despite the poor score I am just really pleased with how I hit the ball, most drives and iron play was great.

An absolutely beautiful net 66 at the weekend in tough condition.

Everything finally seemed to click and can't wait to get out and practice again which is the first time in a long time. 4 single putts as well was nice.