hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: golf 2013

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the 1st round of our Club Championship last night and I managed to record a 4 & 3 victory. Onwards to tonight where my next opponent is the reigning champion - tough game in prospect without a doubt.
    Ah well ----------- gubbed 5/4 last night. A good performance by the defending champion , he was 4 under for the holes played.

It's a case of roll on the start of the fitba season now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

While im here, slight update on my progress.

Played two full rounds at Broomieknowe Golf Course the other week, so difficult!

It's a par 69 and I hit 93 first time round and 87 the next. Was fairly happy with those scores considering it was my first time playing on 'proper' course. The 9 hole course I normally go to is pretty tight and good for beginners so it's a bit easier there.

Took a step back for a week or so and have played more rounds at the 9 hole course, got gradually worse. Hit 57,54,43 and 51. Not playing as good as I was a few weeks back. Gotta take the good with the bad though!

Went to Kings Acre today and hit 82. Was fairly happy with that, got some new irons and they feel so much better. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 down at the turn Monday night, and wins on 18

I am gonna murder the course soon! Mon the Big Man!
    I've done just that .. recent scores include net 59, 61, 65 and 71 - and cut from 10.6 to 7.2 (now 7.3) in the process

First of 3QFs tomorrow pm, another Thursday night and then next Tuesday night .. MON THE TQM! :jmcp:

@hibs.net private member
    Played at the big course at Dalmahoy today. What a disappointment. I remember years ago Dalmahoy was a great course. Now tons of bare patches, bumpy greens, tons of GUR. What a waste of a great course.

Anyone with twitter has to go on read Lee Westwoods meltdown, he's taking on the world!!

Right so I shot a +6 yesterday, which I am absolutely chuffed with. Best ever round. Just everything went right. Really hope I can get similar next time I'm on, won't be for a week or so though