hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

On the second of May, this year, we beat Aberdeen to take our points total to 30.

We're still in 2012 and we've already surpassed that total.

Won 8 Lost 8 Drawn 3

That's real progress.

Of course we're going to have set backs. We're improving, but that process takes time, experience and hard work.

There are 17 games left this season. Let's see if we can get close to the 54 points we managed when Hughes took us into Europe.

Difficult, but a realistic target.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    6 wins, 6 defeats, 5 draws - would give us that. That is achievable, seeing as we should have 8 home games left, whe you would hope we would pick up 4 or 5 wins.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Won 8 Lost 8 Drawn 3

That's real progress.

Of course we're going to have set backs. We're improving, but that process takes time, experience and hard work.

There are 17 games left this season. Let's see if we can get close to the 54 points we managed when Hughes took us into Europe.

I would be disappointed if we didn't get near to that total now and secure a top 6 place

Our point spread for the season thus far is:

Celtic 4/6
    Aberdeen 0/6
    Hearts 1/3
    Dundee 3/6
    Ross County 0/6
    Dundee United 3/6
    ICT 1/6
    St Mirren 6/6
    Motherwell 3/6
    St Johnstone 6/6
    Kilmarnock 4/6.

Think that just goes to show how tight the league may well end up being. Everyone can take points from everyone else. Ideally we should be looking to improve against Dundee, ICT, Ross County and Aberdeen who we have lost too many points too. However on the flip side to take full points of St Johnstone and St Mirren is decent, 4 from 6 against Celtic is excellent and 3/6 against Dunded United is good.

If we finish the season with between 45 and 55 points I'd be absolutely delighted.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 30-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Celtic 4/6
    Aberdeen 0/6
    Hearts 1/3
    Dundee 3/6
    Ross County 0/6
    Dundee United 3/6
    ICT 1/6
    St Mirren 6/6
    Motherwell 3/6
    St Johnstone 6/6
    Kilmarnock 4/6.

Think that just goes to show how tight the league may well end up being. Everyone can take points from everyone else. Ideally we should be looking to improve against Dundee, ICT, Ross County and Aberdeen who we have lost too many points too. However on the flip side to take full points of Killie and St Mirren is decent, 4 from 6 against Celtic is excellent and 3/6 against Dunded United is good.

If we finish the season with between 45 and 55 points I'd be absolutely delighted.

Agree. Just shows you the progress we have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Celtic 4/6
    Aberdeen 0/6
    Hearts 1/3
    Dundee 3/6
    Ross County 0/6
    Dundee United 3/6
    ICT 1/6
    St Mirren 6/6
    Motherwell 3/6
    St Johnstone 6/6
    Kilmarnock 4/6.

Think that just goes to show how tight the league may well end up being. Everyone can take points from everyone else. Ideally we should be looking to improve against Dundee, ICT, Ross County and Aberdeen who we have lost too many points too. However on the flip side to take full points of St Johnstone and St Mirren is decent, 4 from 6 against Celtic is excellent and 3/6 against Dunded United is good.

4 from 6 against the tax evaders would be quite good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Won 8 Lost 8 Drawn 3

That's real progress.

The progress has been even better - you've missed out a win and draw in your stats.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If the players bother to turn up for every game now until the end of the season, that target should be easily achievable.

Lets not have anymore games that we lose, just because we didn't turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The progress has been even better - you've missed out a win and draw in your stats.
    So I have.

Cheers.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Sometimes hard to remember how dross we were last season and the jump we have had to make to get to where we are now. Massive changes in attitude and the connection between the players and the fans and points dug out of games where we would have folded last season/

Hopefully we have a good January transfer window and see a reduction in the "bad days at the office" which should see us finish higher than what we expected.

Would have been happy with top 6 this season but due to our position at this moment top 4 is what I'll be demanding

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    easily achievable.
    Talk about fans having unrealistic expectations!

We've just taken 7 points out of a possible 24.

Our last 5 games will be against the top 5 teams so none of those points will be easy to achieve.

We have got to play Hearts away and Celtic away. And bloody Ross County. Nothing easy about those games.

Also, we will most likely lose some of our loan players.

Let's enjoy watching the team progress instead of getting ahead of ourselves and setting them up to fail.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    If the players bother to turn up for every game now until the end of the season, that target should be easily achievable.

Lets not have anymore games that we lose, just because we didn't turn up.
    As long as I can remember (right back to the 1960's!), that has been our problem. If we could hire the psychologist that solved that one, we'd be sitting top right now. I expect a lot more hiccups before the end of the season.