hibs.net Messageboard

Promoting Fine Dining @ Quinn's London Hibs Supporters Club's Avatar

Derby Match - 3rd January @ Quinn's

Sat down with Pierre yesterday and we talked through the menu for the New Year derby at Tynie. The food gods are looking down on us for this match as the game is a 7.45pm kick-off, giving Pierre and his team plenty of time to prepare something a wee bit special for what's sure to be a large gathering.

We've been allocated the orangery, which gives us access to the covered patio. To start, we'll be served peperonata with grilled squid. This sweet-sharp Mediterranean cooked salad of peppers and onions is a fantastic prelude to our main, which is a whole 14 kg suckling pig, which will be cooked outside on the charcoal rotisserie. This will be served with an Asian herb, papaya & coconut salad, some chicken Pho-Ga with fragrant herbs, Bo la lot: ground beef in wild pepper leaves, cumin roasted sweet potatoes, steamed fragrant rice and stir fried kailan with ginger, garlic & chilli. Desert will be a simple chocolate & lime crème brulée with an Asian fresh fruit salad.

(To be confirmed) but the wine will hopefully be Cimarosa New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - Should be circa £9 a bottle.
    Last edited by London Hibs Supporters Club; 24-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member aussie_hibee's Avatar
    Fellow hibbys, my wife (Aussie and Hibs sympathiser) and father in law are in London for my sister in laws wedding and unfortunately I'm stuck back here with kids.

She is quite keen to watch the derby and show her dad what it's all about.

Pardon my ignorance, but is the above post (about the food) genuine? Sounds out of this world.
    If so, what time is best for them to arrive and what are the costs involved. Entrance fee, cost of food etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fellow hibbys, my wife (Aussie and Hibs sympathiser) and father in law are in London for my sister in laws wedding and unfortunately I'm stuck back here with kids.

Pardon my ignorance, but is the above post (about the food) genuine? Sounds out of this world.
    If so, what time is best for them to arrive and what are the costs involved. Entrance fee, cost of food etc.

Thanks in advance.
    GGTTH
    All welcome, pub open all day so get there when you want
    entrance free
    food free
    drinks at pay bar
    Hibs win......priceless!!!

Promoting Fine Dining @ Quinn's London Hibs Supporters Club's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_hibee View Post

Thanks in advance.
    GGTTH
    Good news - every thing is as per my original post. GAME ON! (as Ladbrokes like to say).

See you tomorrow!!

BTW - Pierre and Paul-Henri have also reserved part of the piano bar for us, should numbers exceed +100. Get there early

First Team Breakthrough El Gubbz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs Supporters Club View Post
    Good news - every thing is as per my original post. GAME ON! (as Ladbrokes like to say).

See you tomorrow!!

BTW - Pierre and Paul-Henri have also reserved part of the piano bar for us, should numbers exceed +100. Get there early
    This all sounds more tempting than going to the game!