hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A quick look on the internet suggests apart from Holland & Barrett it's quite expensive.
    Sorry to hijack the thread about a very worthwhile discussion point about an issue which clearly affects many posters here, but Iím confused by the legalities of CBD oil, particularly around the current story of the wee boy with epilepsy and his motherís efforts to get CBD oil for him being thwarted by the authorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44504142

The discussion on here, everything Iíve read, and the fact Holland and Barrett and other shops sell the stuff suggests itís legal here. So whatís the issue surrounding this lad and his mother?

Is it a different type of oil? Is it some sort of high strength variant? Is there an age limit?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread about a very worthwhile discussion point about an issue which clearly affects many posters here, but Iím confused by the legalities of CBD oil, particularly around the current story of the wee boy with epilepsy and his motherís efforts to get CBD oil for him being thwarted by the authorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44504142

The discussion on here, everything Iíve read, and the fact Holland and Barrett and other shops sell the stuff suggests itís legal here. So whatís the issue surrounding this lad and his mother?

Is it a different type of oil? Is it some sort of high strength variant? Is there an age limit?
    It's the THC component that is illegal here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

A few year ago now I got addicted to tramadol and 30mg cocodamal on prescription after a operation, went through a spell off thinking everbody was looking and talking about me, also hated going to work after operation recovery but still taking tablets.got to the point 8am on a Monday and could not wait till 3pm on a Friday, then dreaded going back on a Monday. Happy to say better days now though after some counciling and advice keep myself busy playing golf,darts and getting out and about, also talking to people I trust about it, I can't speak openly about it to other people I know yet and thats been about 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Leith's finest View Post
    A few year ago now I got addicted to tramadol and 30mg cocodamal on prescription after a operation, went through a spell off thinking everbody was looking and talking about me, also hated going to work after operation recovery but still taking tablets.got to the point 8am on a Monday and could not wait till 3pm on a Friday, then dreaded going back on a Monday. Happy to say better days now though after some counciling and advice keep myself busy playing golf,darts and getting out and about, also talking to people I trust about it, I can't speak openly about it to other people I know yet and thats been about 4 years
    That's really interesting about the Co-codamol. It sounds like you've been through a lot and I hope things are getting better and moving, at least, in the right direction for you. I take a lot of Co-codamol for migraines (which come with their own depressive issues). The feeling of being 'off' them was indescribable, I was so much more 'level' in how I mentally spoke to myself. A few migraines, a few painkillers in and it all goes to mush again. I know they can be addictive and I know they come with a whole load of issues, but it's never really that easy is it.
    Hope things get better for you quickly LF.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's the THC component that is illegal here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Are you still taking it and is it working if you are?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Has anyone whoís come off anti-depressants found themselves going through slight manic phases? Iíve been off them a couple of months but still getting irrationally angry at stupid things, but also having really hyper/positive/manic periods. A little bit worrying but thereís no depression so not sure if I should just stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Has anyone whoís come off anti-depressants found themselves going through slight manic phases? Iíve been off them a couple of months but still getting irrationally angry at stupid things, but also having really hyper/positive/manic periods. A little bit worrying but thereís no depression so not sure if I should just stick with it.
    I'm afraid I've no real help here, but I did come off Amitriptyline after a year of using them to stop migraines. Certainly think about these questions - How quickly did you come off them? Did a doctor or a pharmacist tell you what the side-effects would be? Are you on any other medication? Maybe keep a dot-journal to record triggers/reactions and severity of reactions.

Hope it goes well for you.

Iíve just started on Duloxetine as another attempt to relieve my tension.

Halfway through week 2 and itís been tough with a much lower mood, tiredness but the worst is Iím sweating more than Rafa Nadal was yesterday!

Not sure these drugs are for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm currently on citalopram.works for me.anxiety is horrible.best wishes to everyone on here fighting it.

Hi SR. I have a similar issue although not always about when coming off medication. The doctor suggested that I may suffer from Cyclothymia. Hope the link below works. It might be worth reading up on.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cyclothymia/

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Has anyone who’s come off anti-depressants found themselves going through slight manic phases? I’ve been off them a couple of months but still getting irrationally angry at stupid things, but also having really hyper/positive/manic periods. A little bit worrying but there’s no depression so not sure if I should just stick with it.
    Last edited by Lendo; 16-07-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    I'm afraid I've no real help here, but I did come off Amitriptyline after a year of using them to stop migraines. Certainly think about these questions - How quickly did you come off them? Did a doctor or a pharmacist tell you what the side-effects would be? Are you on any other medication? Maybe keep a dot-journal to record triggers/reactions and severity of reactions.

Hope it goes well for you.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

My doctor thought it was time I came off so I tapered down. Was initially on 30, so tapered down slowly to 5mg every 2 days then came straight off.

Definitely helped with the physical withdrawal symptoms as they were very mild, but itís just my head is a bit iffy. I think keeping a journal may help, especially if I rate the severity of my moods.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Hi SR. I have a similar issue although not always about when coming off medication. The doctor suggested that I may suffer from Cyclothymia. Hope the link below works. It might be worth reading up on.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cyclothymia/
    Yeah, my thought was that it could ether be a withdrawal symptom, or symptoms that my medication may have been keeping at bay. Itís hard to explain, but the manic/happy phases almost feel like chemical highs, like theyíre not Ďrealí. I might just be thinking too much into things though.

Will maybe discuss with my GP the next time Iím in.