hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a fine idea. An hours kick about, 5 a side or whatever and then if people wanted a chat afterwards.

Even if all it was was a bit of a laugh with a football I think it would do wonders for some. If it's an idea you wanted to take further let me know as I'd be happy to help if I could.

I agree. A wee kick about and a chat afterwards. It's certainly a start. I will private message you my phone number and we could get a chat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    There's a focus group on Tuesday at ER , in conjunction with SAMH. Not sure what the format is, but maybe something social might come out of that?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Thread hijack.

Does Danny Braithwaite still get a game for Royston? He was more than capable at this level and almost broke into the league pyramid a few seasons ago.

I know him from his time at Harrow Borough and more recently Chesham.

BTW - I'll be at Harlow Town next week if you fancy a pint and a match.
    Don't know players name.G. can't do next week but will be in touch as i will be down before Christmas.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I went to Gamblers Annonymous and just sitting sharing experiences was a massive help. Listening to people you can relate to their stories. Something along these lines would be a wonderful start. I'm not great at organising but would certainly be up for doing my bit. As I said it's amazing just what listening and being listened to can do for people.

That's a cracking idea.

I crash and burn most Novembers and every single time the eventual emergence from the deep dark hole is fuelled by remembering and doing the very simple formula: eat, sleep, move. When your demons are out of their cages the first thing they attack is proper nutrition, decent sleep and regular exercise at whatever level you can manage. So a game and company is better than a prescription in my view.

My Dad died at the end of October and was buried two weeks ago. Weirdly that doesn't seem to have tipped me over this November somehow.

Not meaning to be insensitive but if the club agreed to something like this it would be gagging to be called The Mental Hibees would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    That's a cracking idea.

I crash and burn most Novembers and every single time the eventual emergence from the deep dark hole is fuelled by remembering and doing the very simple formula: eat, sleep, move. When your demons are out of their cages the first thing they attack is proper nutrition, decent sleep and regular exercise at whatever level you can manage. So a game and company is better than a prescription in my view.

My Dad died at the end of October and was buried two weeks ago. Weirdly that doesn't seem to have tipped me over this November somehow.

Not meaning to be insensitive but if the club agreed to something like this it would be gagging to be called The Mental Hibees would it not?
    That's a great idea. Black humour always helps me

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It might not be it's own 'forum', but would people use a 'Group' if it was set up?

We already have a name for it clearly!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Promising Youngster Shore Thing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Where did you buy yours?I've had a look online and not very sure which ones are legit?
    I've been using 'CBD Brothers'- their blue edition oil. It's very good quality and all organic/ no chemicals used in production. Get it from their website or Amazon.
    I've found it simply takes away my anxiety, which has then given me more head space to consciously deal with the depression that comes from time to time.
    Last edited by Shore Thing; 22-11-2016 at 11:46 AM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Just coming out of a dark few weeks like most on here been suffering in silence for years. I took the plunge and visited the docs who I have to say was brilliant. The mere fact that he could understand a blubbering wreck was a bonus.
    For the first time in my life I have gone on some medication and the difference already for me is fantastic.
    Combined with ridiculous amounts of walking it is bringing me back to normality.
    I was also told about a website which is free to visit and has help for all manner of problems for those who don't like the idea of talking in groups of even one to one. I will post the link later .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Decided I should search for a new job as the current one is not helping my stress and anxiety. Thing is I will most likely be taking a drop in wages and wonder the best way to say this without going into too much detail. I don't want to say less stress incase they think I think their job is easy. Anyone been in this situation?
    Yes I too decided on the drastic move of leaving my job as I felt it was adding or maybe even causing my stress/ anxiety attacks.
    Like you I guess I will need to take a drop in wages and try and find something different.
    Need to change my Cv but I'm thinking employers are going to say why is he applying for this type of job?

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    I started a new job and absolutely hate it, having a terrible boss as well does not help. It's all I think about, even my kids have noticed a difference in me. I need to work to pay the bills but have some savings and seriously considering quitting and using my savings until I find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    I started a new job and absolutely hate it, having a terrible boss as well does not help. It's all I think about, even my kids have noticed a difference in me. I need to work to pay the bills but have some savings and seriously considering quitting and using my savings until I find something else.
    It's not an easy decision especially if your the main wage and at this time of year.
    However your health and wellbeing are the most important things.
    Could you go off on the sick and still get paid?
    It's not something I would advocate but so close to Xmas it might just get you through till you find something.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Yes I too decided on the drastic move of leaving my job as I felt it was adding or maybe even causing my stress/ anxiety attacks.
    Like you I guess I will need to take a drop in wages and try and find something different.
    Need to change my Cv but I'm thinking employers are going to say why is he applying for this type of job?

I am looking for a new job but am also worried that I will be asked why I am quitting this one without going into details. I have coped well with my career despite starting late on but the job I have now is really getting me down. Thing is i know i can do a good job with something I like, I have a good track record up until now

Ditto mate, been 17 months at this one and it's just not got better. Try to find another job before going into savings but if it's impossible then health comes first

Its a tad extreme but, if you have already been to the doctors see if you can get signed off with stress (if you get paid sick leave) to get you through the festive season.

I am looking for a new job but am also worried that I will be asked why I am quitting this one without going into details. I have coped well with my career despite starting late on but the job I have now is really getting me down. Thing is i know i can do a good job with something I like, I have a good track record up until now
    "I am looking for something that better suits my personality and talents...."

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    "I am looking for something that better suits my personality and talents...."

Ha, yea saw that last time I posted. 😊 still job hunting and hoping to hear back soon from applications. Thanks CWG

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Ditto mate, been 17 months at this one and it's just not got better. Try to find another job before going into savings but if it's impossible then health comes first
    Yes I will take it day by day now, but it's hard and feel I can't relax at night as I am already dreading going in next day.

Christmas is coming so get that over with and see how it goes.

I also spoke to someone in my team today who said they found it really tough at first as well but it got better.

Yes I will take it day by day now, but it's hard and feel I can't relax at night as I am already dreading going in next day.
    Thats how I felt in my last place, was hardly getting a wink of sleep, massive weight off my shoulders when I managed to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Thats how I felt in my last place, was hardly getting a wink of sleep, massive weight off my shoulders when I managed to escape.
    There's nothing worse than that cold feeling in the pit of the stomach as you approach a dreaded workplace. It's no way to live.

My only advice is to jack it and seek a more downscale job like pizza delivery or whatever.

I posted early this year about my health anxiety, been in a pretty good place for the last few months other than problems with my neck and shoulders.

it must be the dark nights as I can feel it creeping up on me again starting to feel a bit edgy and my neck/back pain is really playing on my mind again.

determined not to let it ruin another Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I posted early this year about my health anxiety, been in a pretty good place for the last few months other than problems with my neck and shoulders.

it must be the dark nights as I can feel it creeping up on me again starting to feel a bit edgy and my neck/back pain is really playing on my mind again.

determined not to let it ruin another Christmas.
    Sometimes.... knowing that you normally feel crap at this time of the year is a good weapon to have. That feeling of "ahhhh, it's November. I normally take a dip round about now. I made it through last year, and all the other years, so I will make it through this year".

It's when it hits you for the first or second time, when you don't know what the F is going on, that it can be really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Thing View Post
    I've been using 'CBD Brothers'- their blue edition oil. It's very good quality and all organic/ no chemicals used in production. Get it from their website or Amazon.
    I've found it simply takes away my anxiety, which has then given me more head space to consciously deal with the depression that comes from time to time.

Thanks buddy will have a look for it,

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Sometimes.... knowing that you normally feel crap at this time of the year is a good weapon to have. That feeling of "ahhhh, it's November. I normally take a dip round about now. I made it through last year, and all the other years, so I will make it through this year".

It's when it hits you for the first or second time, when you don't know what the F is going on, that it can be really scary.
    Determined make this a great Christmas for me and mine. Not as easy as folk imagine. genuinly stoked for my daughter

Wee bump for this thread, not because it is apparently the most depressive day of the year, (I am sure sufferers will be more than aware of their own triggers) but because it hasn’t been on page 1 of the board for a while. Hope everyone is doing ok

Wee bump for this thread, not because it is apparently the most depressive day of the year, (I am sure sufferers will be more than aware of their own triggers) but because it hasn’t been on page 1 of the board for a while. Hope everyone is doing ok
    I'm doing great but that's with the help of my happy pills Citalopram I have actually never felt this good for 10 years.
    I'm on them till March and to be frank would happily take them forever the way I feel.
    Not one anxiety attack for the last two months since I started on them.😀

Im doing grand, no medication, no visits to Doctors (for a long while) a few lifestyle changes have made my life much more tolerable & at the same time, enjoyable, onwards & upwards 👍

I have been succesful in finding a new job, the first one I interviewed for so hoping that will help with my work life balance. Less money but if I am happier you can't put a price on that!

I have been succesful in finding a new job, the first one I interviewed for so hoping that will help with my work life balance. Less money but if I am happier you can't put a price on that!
    Well done I wish u well

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    That's great news, well done.

I am in a job I cannot stand so started looking elsewhere, hope I find something like you.

Nothing worse than that sick feeling when you make your way to work in the morning.

That's great news, well done.

I am in a job I cannot stand so started looking elsewhere, hope I find something like you.

Nothing worse than that sick feeling when you make your way to work in the morning.
    Also the night before especially Sunday night! It wasn't easy to start looking but I am glad I did. Hopefully in six months time I will look back at my previous job as ancient history it just didn't work. Hope you can find something too mate!