hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 646
  1. #331
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Heading home...
    Posts
    17,975
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone been on Lithium?

    I am currently on 375mg of venlafaxine during the day and 45mg of Mirtazapine at night.

    However I get about 3-4 'good' hours throughout the day then just feel very tired, upset etc.

    I've been maintaining my exercise and healthy eating routine for a while and feel no difference in fact probably felt worse than I've done for a year in the last couple of weeks.

    So my psychiatrist has suggested Lithium in combiniation with the venalfaxine through the day. Just wondered if people had any experinces with Lithium as I've done a bit of research and I am still unsure as to whether it's a good option.

    Oh Jeez, Venlafaxine, the drug they claimed has no side-effects, despite so many people's tales of how difficult it is to come off them. Turns out they knew all along and supressed the evidence.

    Thankfully I've never been addicted to Heroin, so can't make a comparison, but if the withdrawal symptoms of trying to come off it are anything like trying to come off Venlafaxine, then I pity the poor Buggers.

    Even forgetting to take it for one day can bring on the side-effects.


    Have a read at this



    EDIT: I seem to be having trouble adding the link because of a block on the letters f-e-x in the URL


    https://ef***orisevil.wordpress.com/...r-venlafaxine/
    Last edited by Keekaboo; 13-05-2015 at 03:24 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #332
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Jeez, Venlafaxine, the drug they claimed has no side-effects, despite so many people's tales of how difficult it is to come off them. Turns out they knew all along and supressed the evidence.

    Thankfully I've never been addicted to Heroin, so can't make a comparison, but if the withdrawal symptoms of trying to come off it are anything like trying to come off Venlafaxine, then I pity the poor Buggers.

    Even forgetting to take it for one day can bring on the side-effects.


    Have a read at this



    EDIT: I seem to be having trouble adding the link because of a block on the letters f-e-x in the URL


    https://ef***orisevil.wordpress.com/...r-venlafaxine/
    I will have a wee read a the article shortly.

    I take it at ten am every morning, if for whatever reason I fail to take it at that time then even just an hour or two later I can feel the effects.

  4. #333
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,434
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Jeez, Venlafaxine, the drug they claimed has no side-effects, despite so many people's tales of how difficult it is to come off them. Turns out they knew all along and supressed the evidence.

    Thankfully I've never been addicted to Heroin, so can't make a comparison, but if the withdrawal symptoms of trying to come off it are anything like trying to come off Venlafaxine, then I pity the poor Buggers.

    Even forgetting to take it for one day can bring on the side-effects.


    Have a read at this



    EDIT: I seem to be having trouble adding the link because of a block on the letters f-e-x in the URL


    https://ef***orisevil.wordpress.com/...r-venlafaxine/
    I managed to come off it, but only because the cholesterol levels scared the crap out of me. I still had to wean myself off slowly, though.

    Even now, I can get flashbacks.

  5. #334
    Testimonial Due Victor Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Historic Town of Dalkeith
    Posts
    2,368
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone been on Lithium?

    I am currently on 375mg of venlafaxine during the day and 45mg of Mirtazapine at night.

    However I get about 3-4 'good' hours throughout the day then just feel very tired, upset etc.

    I've been maintaining my exercise and healthy eating routine for a while and feel no difference in fact probably felt worse than I've done for a year in the last couple of weeks.

    So my psychiatrist has suggested Lithium in combiniation with the venalfaxine through the day. Just wondered if people had any experinces with Lithium as I've done a bit of research and I am still unsure as to whether it's a good option.
    Hi mate - just wondering what your healthy eating routine is? ie what type of foods you added in, anything you cut out of your diet??

  6. #335
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi mate - just wondering what your healthy eating routine is? ie what type of foods you added in, anything you cut out of your diet??
    I live a very structured life now.

    Breakfast: Porridge, honey and fruit (usually banana and raisins)

    Lunch: Soup, 2 slices of bread, fruit cocktail, rice pudding

    Dinner: Anything from Lasagne to Macaroni, Mince and Tatties to Sausage and Mash, Scampi to Chicken bites and wedges

    Pudding - can be a choc bar or a cake etc but not every night.

    I've cut out fizzy drinks for diluting and only drink alcohol once a month if at all. Very rare now as I just feel like it's an added depressant.

  7. #336
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    1,876
    Hi folks,

    I thought I'd put this couch to 5k to good use:-


    https://www.justgiving.com/andrew70/

    The community foundation have been fantastic in helping me with a couple of different things.

  8. #337
    Testimonial Due Stranraer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,026
    Blog Entries
    6
    I've had a bad couple of days myself. Since the Seroquel was increased to 800 mg I do get more sleep and I'm less impulsive but I find myself jogging and writing blogs when I'm wound up now instead of some of the bad habits I used to have. I'm on the maximum dose of both Seroquel and Zoloft and 10 mg of Pericyazine. At 23 I'm just a bit worried about the long term effects these meds will have on me given I've been on medication since the age of 18.

  9. #338
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had a bad couple of days myself. Since the Seroquel was increased to 800 mg I do get more sleep and I'm less impulsive but I find myself jogging and writing blogs when I'm wound up now instead of some of the bad habits I used to have. I'm on the maximum dose of both Seroquel and Zoloft and 10 mg of Pericyazine. At 23 I'm just a bit worried about the long term effects these meds will have on me given I've been on medication since the age of 18.
    I can't talk about the long term effects as I honestly don't know yet but I guess it balances itself out by helping us at the time. The problem is every medication brings other side effects along with it.

    As to how you are feeling just now, I hope your mood improves soon.

    Exercising is good, I can't believe how much I am actually enjoying it. I was writing a lot about football but at this moment my mind isn't allowing me and that's getting me down but keep the writing up mate.

  10. #339
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Sorry to bring this thread back up but im going through a bit of a down period. I got back from holiday last week and have walked into a bit of a mess at work. I know what I need to do but I'm scared to make the big decision. I talked to my doctor last month about reducing my medication and I'm still struggling to balance what I want to happen with what I need. My doctor(who has been brilliant with me) is going off on maternity leave and I feel uncomfortable with having to speak to someone else.
    [SIGPIC]

  11. #340
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,434
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to bring this thread back up but im going through a bit of a down period. I got back from holiday last week and have walked into a bit of a mess at work. I know what I need to do but I'm scared to make the big decision. I talked to my doctor last month about reducing my medication and I'm still struggling to balance what I want to happen with what I need. My doctor(who has been brilliant with me) is going off on maternity leave and I feel uncomfortable with having to speak to someone else.
    Sorry to hear this.

    Is part of the issue the post -holiday blues?

  12. #341
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to hear this.

    Is part of the issue the post -holiday blues?
    I think so. It's never been an issue before though.
    [SIGPIC]

  13. #342
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,434
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think so. It's never been an issue before though.
    It always affects me.

    I don't know you from Adam, so apologies if this comes across as patronising. ......my thoughts would be to avoid any major decisions until you're over the post - holiday stuff.

    Your GP issue is unavoidable. ...and I empathise, I've been there. ....but the loss of that safety net might force you into finding other coping mechanisms.

    In the meantime, get out in the light. ...maximise the exercise. That's what I'm doing, because we all know it's not here forever.

  14. #343
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It always affects me.

    I don't know you from Adam, so apologies if this comes across as patronising. ......my thoughts would be to avoid any major decisions until you're over the post - holiday stuff.

    Your GP issue is unavoidable. ...and I empathise, I've been there. ....but the loss of that safety net might force you into finding other coping mechanisms.

    In the meantime, get out in the light. ...maximise the exercise. That's what I'm doing, because we all know it's not here forever.
    Thanks for the advice. I got a bike a while back and have been thinking of giving that a go, rather than going to the gym.
    [SIGPIC]

  15. #344
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the advice. I got a bike a while back and have been thinking of giving that a go, rather than going to the gym.
    Thats what I have done mate, Ive been off work for a while and hope to get back at end of month, rather than sit and dwell over things I've been hammering the bike along the Innocent railway line path, feel it clears the head, and generally lifts the gloom.

  16. #345
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what I have done mate, Ive been off work for a while and hope to get back at end of month, rather than sit and dwell over things I've been hammering the bike along the Innocent railway line path, feel it clears the head, and generally lifts the gloom.
    I'm just round the corner from there, that's where I was planning to go.
    [SIGPIC]

  17. #346
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,434
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what I have done mate, Ive been off work for a while and hope to get back at end of month, rather than sit and dwell over things I've been hammering the bike along the Innocent railway line path, feel it clears the head, and generally lifts the gloom.
    Cycling can be so therapeutic. The physical and emotional benefits for me are undeniable . It's another form of mindfulness.

  18. #347
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cycling can be so therapeutic. The physical and emotional benefits for me are undeniable . It's another form of mindfulness.
    I have tinnitus due to a significant hearing loss and have recently been fitted with bilateral hearing aids, that news floored me just at a time I was feeling good. The bike has given me a new lease of life so to speak. Out doors I tend not to notice the tinnitus and after a good hard workout I forget all about the hearing loss. I'm out on the bike most days now and as you say, the physical and emotional benefits far outweigh the sitting in house twiddling thumb days/nights.

  19. #348
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,434
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have tinnitus due to a significant hearing loss and have recently been fitted with bilateral hearing aids, that news floored me just at a time I was feeling good. The bike has given me a new lease of life so to speak. Out doors I tend not to notice the tinnitus and after a good hard workout I forget all about the hearing loss. I'm out on the bike most days now and as you say, the physical and emotional benefits far outweigh the sitting in house twiddling thumb days/nights.
    I also have tinnitus, although not as bad as you seem to have it.

    There's a theory that it and depression are physiologically linked, in that the relevant parts of the brain are very close to each other.

    Whether that is true or not, the ways of dealing with the conditions are very similar.

  20. #349
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also have tinnitus, although not as bad as you seem to have it.

    There's a theory that it and depression are physiologically linked, in that the relevant parts of the brain are very close to each other.

    Whether that is true or not, the ways of dealing with the conditions are very similar.
    I just woke up one morn in October to loud whining in my ears (not the Wife 😃) thought it would pass but after steroids (doc thought it was blocked Eustachian tubes) I was referred to ENT and audiology and they told me I had the hearing of a 70 yo man !! Possibly caused by years of working as Scaffolder and with the Brewery. It's a blow, and it's hard to take knowing that I will probably never have silence again, and that kicked off the anxiety again. Thankfully though as said, getting out and about, be it cycling or walking has definitely helped ease the anxiousness.

  21. #350
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what I have done mate, Ive been off work for a while and hope to get back at end of month, rather than sit and dwell over things I've been hammering the bike along the Innocent railway line path, feel it clears the head, and generally lifts the gloom.
    I'm just back from cycling along the railway path, I had no idea that tunnel was there at the end.

  22. #351
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just back from cycling along the railway path, I had no idea that tunnel was there at the end.
    Its a great cycle mate, I start at the cycle path at the Jewel near Asda then along the back of Bingham onto the Innocent rail path, the time I get to the tunnel my legs have nothing left as the gradient knackers me 😃 the tunnel seems to never end though 😃

  23. #352
    Testimonial Due Stranraer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,026
    Blog Entries
    6
    I've got a query regarding prescriptions. My GP refuses to change my medication without the consultant giving it the go ahead so I tried a different GP a few times and they all say they "can't" change meds. Is this really the case? It was my understanding that the Psychiatrist was there to guide and give advice to doctors, not dictate to them?

  24. #353
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a great cycle mate, I start at the cycle path at the Jewel near Asda then along the back of Bingham onto the Innocent rail path, the time I get to the tunnel my legs have nothing left as the gradient knackers me 😃 the tunnel seems to never end though 😃
    I started at the miners club and went along to the tunnel. You're right about the tunnel being a killer, I was knackered by the time I got to the end. I thought about going round the park but I decided against it.
    [SIGPIC]

  25. #354
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started at the miners club and went along to the tunnel. You're right about the tunnel being a killer, I was knackered by the time I got to the end. I thought about going round the park but I decided against it.
    Me and my brother normally go through the tunnel then down the road, through Duddingston village, past Holyrood school and onto the path beside Duddingston golf course, that takes you onto Bingham and back onto the cycle path. The Arthur's seat road is particularly good early on a Sunday as the road is closed to cars etc so it's a good enjoyable safe cycle.

  26. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me and my brother normally go through the tunnel then down the road, through Duddingston village, past Holyrood school and onto the path beside Duddingston golf course, that takes you onto Bingham and back onto the cycle path. The Arthur's seat road is particularly good early on a Sunday as the road is closed to cars etc so it's a good enjoyable safe cycle.
    Is there not a cycle path that runs the whole way adjacent to the road?

  27. #356
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there not a cycle path that runs the whole way adjacent to the road?
    Yes the Innocent does, it brings you out just down from Pollock Halls, there is a cycle/walkway adjacent to the road heading towards the palace but not towards Duddingston village.

  28. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes the Innocent does, it brings you out just down from Pollock Halls, there is a cycle/walkway adjacent to the road heading towards the palace but not towards Duddingston village.
    Ah I see. My wife's uncle used to be parkeeper and used to live in the house at the start of the tunnel. I have an awesome video of my motorbike going up the tunnel when no one was around ;)

  29. #358
    Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,500
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah I see. My wife's uncle used to be parkeeper and used to live in the house at the start of the tunnel. I have an awesome video of my motorbike going up the tunnel when no one was around ;)
    Cottage garden? I've hit a ball or 2 into there from the third tee at prestonfield

    HH and LB if you haven't yet I would recommend exploring the old railway paths that link warriston and bonnington with Leith and Granton and all the way to roseburn. A great way to explore the north of the city.
    Last edited by Mr White; 12-07-2015 at 07:55 PM.

  30. #359
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    50
    Posts
    33,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cottage garden? I've hit a ball or 2 into there from the third tee at prestonfield

    HH and LB if you haven't yet I would recommend exploring the old railway paths that link warriston and bonnington with Leith and Granton and all the way to roseburn. A great way to explore the north of the city.
    I actually was part of a Council team that laid the cycle paths at Roseburn, Bonnington and Connaught Place many years back, haven't had the pleasure as yet to cycle on them though

  31. #360
    Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,500
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually was part of a Council team that laid the cycle paths at Roseburn, Bonnington and Connaught Place many years back, haven't had the pleasure as yet to cycle on them though
    I've been down a few times as I'm interested in the former railways in the city. Last year my father in law and I started in king george v park, through rodney st tunnel down towards granton, turned at newhaven and headed to leith on the caley goods line and had a pint in teucters landing. Back on the bikes and onto the caley leith new line on easter road through restalrig to seafield and then onto the prom and along to the dalriada at joppa for another beer. From there it was up over harry lauder road, over the east coast main line and back up the road from portobello golf course. Was a brilliant day out travelling close to areas I know well but on paths I'd never seen before.

    I realise all of the above has only a tenuous link to the thread but as a means of getting out in the sunshine (if you're lucky) and getting some exercise slightly off the beaten track it is, as happyhibbie has said, a very good option.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved